1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

10 person raids?

Discussion in 'WildStar General' started by EvilPeppard, Jun 24, 2013.

1. Fingers

Fingers Cupcake-About-Town

:D
  2. FairyTailisBack

FairyTailisBack Cupcake-About-Town

You actually kept that guy in the guild?
    That is far more shocking...

Grand Marshall set took months to farm up, unless it was a few weeks before tBC launched.
    At which point it was welfare epics.
  3. Tribe

Tribe Well-Known Cupcake

Do you have a source for sizes being separate raids. I recall reading something months ago that made me think they would be separate. But upon searching, this was the only official information I was able to locate, and I am not sure it is conclusive.
  4. Jeuraud

Jeuraud Cupcake-About-Town

The <REDACTED>ing W* Dev quote says that raids are not the only Eldergame content, and you just <REDACTED>ing dismissed it, because it did not fall within your belief.

And as for the focus of raiding being the 40man; I know what I’ve read and seen over the past few months, and have read nothing to back that up. Even in the raiding document the W* Devs do not differentiate between the 20man and the 40man. The only differential has been that there are going to be 20man and 40man, and that they are separate content. There has been no definitive statement from the W* Devs that say the 40man is the focus for the Eldergame Raiding scene. Hells there has been no definitive statement saying that the 40man is going to be more difficult, or have better gear; this has always been the conjecture of the currently non-playing raiders.

So how about you <REDACTED>ing post your W* Dev quote to back up your belief.
    Livnthedream likes this.
  5. Chosenxeno

Chosenxeno Cupcake-About-Town

Maybe he had a few or something. He grinded like crazy(READ: CRAZY! LOL). We were desperate and on a smaller server with 2 decent 40 man guilds. We were mediocre lol Also, this was a time when Warrior tanks were kings
  6. Kataryna

Kataryna Super Cupcake

ME!!! ME ME ME!!! I was Warlock Class officer AND one of two "second in command" to the GM. AND I was raid leader a few times when our normal RL was out for work related business. I WANT 40 MAN RAIDS BACK!!!
  7. Kataryna

Kataryna Super Cupcake

http://www.wildstar-online.com/en/news/what_is_wildstar_raids.php

"The last point on this topic, is to not assume that raids will be "the endgame" as is the case in many MMOs. It is simply "an endgame." For players who don't love this sort of content, there will be many other avenues and heaps of other Elder game content that will not require a player to set a foot inside a 20- or 40-man instance. But I'm a raider at heart, so I'm really looking forward to gifting you all with the most enjoyable wipes I can manage!"
    Jarinolde likes this.
  8. FairyTailisBack

Damn, you might want to take a valium. :)

I didn't dismiss it.
    I merely said I was only talking about raiding elder content.
    If you like hoping up and down on trees or whatever, then that is fine with me.

I posted a video earlier in the thread.
    Tons of sources where they say their raiding focus is 40 man. This is not news!
  9. Warruz

Warruz Cupcake

Why do you keep bringing up this everything handed to you line? My points have all been focused on my dislike of the social aspect of 40 mans.

It really wasnt more work for everyone back then. Members just simply had to show up and raid, officers and GM's had a fair bit more because of the larger size. If your talking actual game mechanics my point is still valid, simply look of whats required of you in raids in BC then vanilla. On a Per person basis much more was required of you.

The whole point of the game is not work, its to have fun. The challenge should lie in the game by defeating bosses rather then herding cats.

Its still in beta and things can change. We also dont know everything of how the different raid sizes will truly function.
  10. Dasphunk

Dasphunk Cupcake

If you are referring to raid sizes can change in beta, no they can't. Too many resources have been put into the raiding already and are being polished up.
  11. FairyTailisBack

If you don't want to lead and organize the raid, then there are 30 other spots inside the raid.

You had to farm your gold.
    You had to farm your materials for enchants.
    You had to farm your potions and flask.
    There was a huge amount of time spent out of raid to prepare all that stuff.

It wasn't like cata where one guy could easily farm a cauldron worth of mats in an hour, and the whole raid was set.

By delegating responsibility you minimize the work that needs to be done at the top.
    Look at any successful business, and you will see delegation of responsibility at the core.

Like I said, I had tons of fun while helping organize the raids.
    I like developing strategies, and being of use to my friends though. Maybe I am weird, idk.

If you think there is any chance they will get rid of 40 mans at this point, then you are smoking some good stuff. :)
  12. Jeuraud

Jeuraud Cupcake-About-Town

The video was debunked as a definitive source well before this thread; you continue to state a belief as a fact, so if there are tons of sources to back up your belief then quote some. It's that <REDACTED>ing simple.
  13. Warruz

Warruz Cupcake

Once again, why do you keep bringing up points im not arguing. How does raid size effect these things? These items you keep bringing up are not dependent on raid size, such requirements can be made for 1 person or 100 having no baring on what im talking about. Im talking about the social aspect of 40 man raids, not how raiding worked in vanilla.

Im aware of how a business works, im also aware the bigger the business is there is simply more work to do.

I doubt they will, but something along the lines of pick the size you want is very possible.
  14. Dasphunk

Dasphunk Cupcake

No, it's not possible at all in this stage. Keep dreaming though, because that's all you really have:)
  15. Vyril

Vyril Cupcake-About-Town

This is a pretentious statement. To say something is impossible when it clearly is not.

They already have 1, 5, 20, and 40 man content to say they can't add 10 because it's impossible is a silly statement. It may not happen but doesn't make it impossible.

I'm not against having 10 man content I think it would be awesome imo. Your goal in a MMO is to retain players, and make money from those players. Content keeps players engaged.

Yes, they've stated that 40 man is important to them. They also said it's important for them to have solo content. With that do you think they don't care about whats inbetween?
  16. FairyTailisBack

When you try to please everyone you end up pleasing no one.
  17. Warruz

Warruz Cupcake

Changing loot drops is WAY outside the sphere of possibilities for a game with no release date.
  18. Vyril

Vyril Cupcake-About-Town

This did not happen lol.

I was the 3rd Grand Marshall on my server and 12th in the world and it took MONTHs. I don't care how "Crazy" you say he grinded.

I played everyday nearly all day with 3-5 hours a sleep and NEVER lost a Battleground. Horde would give up or leave every match we played so they could get in que again to NOT play my team.
  19. Dasphunk

Dasphunk Cupcake

Your giving me " changing loot drops" as the thing they need to change to change raid sizes, lmao.

I'm not even going to start wasting my time if that is your logical response. :)
  20. Warruz

Warruz Cupcake

Well they have 20 mans, they have 40 mans. We dont know if 20 mans and 40 mans will be the same raids or different.

If they are, then its simply make Loot drops = in terms of power and pick what you want. Much like how WoW did, then its pick what you want to do and have at it.