1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

2 strange twitter announcements

Discussion in 'WildStar General' started by VooDoo, Oct 31, 2011.

1. VooDoo

VooDoo Cupcake-About-Town

So, today I've seen two odd twitter announcements. The first one was from WildstarSource. They announced that Wildstar just started taking beta applications

The next announcement was from Massively. They announced that Wildstar beta sign ups have begun.

So, am I living in the future? Im just curious why these two sites tweeted this today when beta sign ups have been available since Gamescom? Are the folks at wildstar just making another push in advertising the game and getting more interest in the beta or is this ..something else?

Reason I ask is because I had one occassion for a different game where beta applications were made available, then the company either partnered or was purchased by a larger company and we had to re-submit our beta applications
  2. souper

souper Founding Member

When I saw the post on Massively I was like "oh my! what did I sign up for last month then!?"

However, turns out both of those sites just goofed a bit and some folks forgot that the sign-ups have been live for a while now.

But hey, nothing wrong a little extra advertising. :)
  3. starspun

starspun Well-Known Cupcake

They're just late to the party - and both of them have edited their articles on this to reflect this.
  4. VooDoo

5. Pontianak

Pontianak Cupcake

6. starspun

It's hilarious to see how this was first reported on one site... and then every other site jumping on it. Massively, PC Gamer, RPS, WSS... all due to Blue's News, from what I can gather - a site I hadn't even heard about until today.
    Thee likes this.
  7. VooDoo

blues news? Man i havnt heard mention of that site since quake and quake 2 were in its hay day

(what does hay day mean anyway?)
  8. starspun

It's "heyday" and in the context you used it in, it means "the period of one's greatest popularity, vigor or prosperity"!
    VooDoo likes this.
  9. VooDoo

i love random trivia :) thanks!
    starspun likes this.
  10. Mister B

Mister B New Cupcake

It seems Secret World had something like this happen. They put out a quiz to determine which secret society you would best fit in, and taking it was supposed to automatically register you for beta. Recently, however, it seems they have relaunched the beta signups.

But yeah, as has been stated already, looks like this is one of those things where something gets posted, and everyone else jumps on it immediately without pausing to think.
  11. Autumnal

Autumnal Cupcake-About-Town

If you didn't hear it here, or straight from Carbine, "be suspicious".
  12. Thee

Thee Cupcake

This is fun. It just goes to show how the news business on the web works these days... Someone reports something and all the other sites follow immediately, some obviously without checking the facts themselves. Not bad for WildStar though, as it definitely can use some more attention...
  13. Mister B

Mister B New Cupcake

No doubt. I confess, it's what led me here.
  14. Crybone

Crybone Cupcake-About-Town

I applied for beta when i found out about Wildstar few months ago, think this might be an old topic, but i guess that beta invites are quite rare compared to how little we (at least I) know about the game.