1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

40 man raids a new thing I'm concerned about.

Discussion in 'WildStar General' started by Gunghoe, Jul 24, 2013.

1. Gunghoe

Gunghoe Cupcake-About-Town

In this interview,

They said there would be a legendary reward for the BEST guilds. One problems though, the way the top guilds are usually ran, i would not want to join the top guilds. Most times they are the same guild that is the best each week. And most of them are extremely elitist. Those guilds really do not fit well with me. I know progression guilds, they all strive to be the best. I'm a gamer if i am busy playing a new game that just came out i may loose a rank, or even be kicked out in these top guilds because i took time off. I know you know how most top guilds in these games work.

So if this legendary reward is unique, and the guild i am in fits me, and is not the top guild will be out of luck because i am not trying to be apart of the best guild? Unique rewards for the top guilds on a server. Makes me feel that i will never have the chance to have the best gear in the game, For me playing with guilds like this feel like a job, not something fun.

I sure hope it is just competing for a title, to be the highest rank on the server. Not some Great item i may never even have the chance to get. It seems like i will be locked out of some of the best stuff in the game if they choose to go with this idea. Yeah sure it is all great and all, but what would make me want to have a guild, or even be in one that is like minded like me.

I would love to know if they are really going to reward top guilds with unique stuff, because if this is true. there will be items i will never get. I would only get them if i join these guilds and usually they do not fit my life style. I feel every one that completes the raid in that week should get all the same drop chances. because being locked out of better stuff, will make me frustrated.

This system sounds like all it would do is have people flood the top guilds with applications, and these guilds will remain the best, because all the best players will gravitate to the first best guild on the server. It be basically only one guild will consistently get all the best content. they will also get a progressively easier time because they are getting better gear than i would have. and i have no chance to get that gear.

If this comes into reality when this game launches, many raiding guilds will leave, because they have no chance to compete with the one that people gravitate to, because they have beat the raid first. This legendary item must be able to acquired by all people that complete the raid. If this item is unique and impossible to get and achieve. I think this games raiding community will get barren fast.

Carbine should not reward the best guilds, any more than the other guilds that complete that weeks raid. To me i have a bad feeling about this if less than 1% will even have the chance to obtain the best items.

Rewards for completing, should be uniform across all content. Because being locked out of content sucks.
  2. Livnthedream

Livnthedream Super Cupcake

Yeah how about no. If I have to put up with housing then you can put up with not getting the best gear for not being the best.
  3. Zyd

Zyd Cupcake

The game should always reward those who work hard to achieve their goals, why the game should reward you for doing nothing? Sorry but that's insane, we had enough MMO's in the last 5 years that do this, look at them, all dead.
    Scoriae, Baamz, Joukehainen and 10 others like this.
  4. αRomeo

αRomeo Cupcake-About-Town

This, I don't see what is wrong with rewarding the dedicated players for their dedication. Casuals will have plenty of content and get rewards for that as well, but not rewarding those that want to do some hard core raiding is excluding a small number of player base and honestly if they decide to go with this, perhaps we'll see more interest in the end game that we've seen in past MMOs that were completely dead after people maxed, *cough* SWTOR *cough*.
  5. Vyril

Vyril Cupcake-About-Town

I've put in more work endured more things I do believe I've worked harder than you at playing the game I should be reward accordingly.
  6. dRakk

dRakk Cupcake

I thought I had a cool creative way to say the things already been said... but I don't.

You get the picture anyway, something along the lines of Cry More, but with nicer words surrounding it
  7. zeewut

zeewut New Cupcake

It's a good system. Bring back risk vs reward and steer away from homogenized... everything. If you have the time to commit to being the best then I would hope you would get the best of the best rewards.
    Sapien likes this.
  8. Xevius

Xevius Cupcake

This discussion isn't going to end well...

It never does.
  9. Convicted

Convicted Super Cupcake

and I'm sure that was carefully planned.
    Sayantan and Livnthedream like this.
  10. scope7

scope7 New Cupcake

The thrill I enjoy most in mmo's is seeing someone with awesome gear and hoping that I can achieve the gear or items that they have. Even if I never get these items just the thought of "if I work hard enough then I'll get it" is the one thing I love most. It seems like carbine understands this and I hope they follow through with rewarding the hardcore dedicated players more.
  11. NewGuy

NewGuy Cupcake

ya were not rely gona get anywhere with this topic.

lets just say that it's not like you need that legendary gear (it's legendary for a reason) to play the game and experience all it's features.
  12. Gunghoe

Gunghoe Cupcake-About-Town

The thing is less than one percent of players will have access to the Uber rewards. It all sounded interesting at first. The thing is, I think the system would be more punitive to the rest of the community. Usually one guild will have the lead, and keep it. Because, once they have the lead, other good players will join that one guild. and drop their existing one. I find it hard to believe that it will be acceptable that one one guild will ever have the best drops. But that is how things will work. I just feel like it is a rip off because only a small group of people, and the same people unless they loose interest will only ever get the items. This would turn me off on raiding in this game. you all act like i am causal with your responses. but for the fact of the matter, I put in a great deal of time into mmorpgs when i play them.

are you guys just praying this game will not be successful? I really do not see half of the raid guilds coming to this game because of this problem. This will not be a competition. and the top guild will remain the top. thus only that guild will only ever get any of those epic items.

It seems that they are spending loads of money, Only to appeal to the smaller audience, and will not make a return on profit.

If you all are so for this system, Tell me how it is a pro, right now it seems that there are far more cons than pros.

the thing is most people do not think this way. That is why many MMORPGs have dropped the system for nearly a decade. Really the only thing i will be fine with is cosmetic items as rewards. Items with better stats than the ones typically rewarded for completing the raid should not exist.I am genuinely wondering why this would be a great system? if anything this will be a detrimental to the game, how would it not?
  13. Livnthedream

Livnthedream Super Cupcake

Time != skill. That is one of the older tropes that a great many of us want to abolish.

Yes, because that is clearly what you see on a regular basis in basically every other game right? No one can challenge Paragon/Method/Vodka so they just quit, and those guilds just get all of the bestest players around? Really? Sure, there is some going back and forth, some defect, but in general those are the exception to the rule.
  14. CaRaDaGaiTa

CaRaDaGaiTa Cupcake-About-Town

I don't care if the best players who manage to world/realm first get some additional loot for that. If someday i care, i will join on a hardcore competitive guild. A guild getting the first kill on a raid doesn't mean they will get it into other raids, if the time between new content is large enough to the great guilds farm enough gear t progress!

(God, my english is awful)

Gunghoe, Wildstar is really what you wanna play? Through your posts i see you fit more the casual playing. This will be a hardcore, perhaps elitist game. The things you're worried, ONLY worries yourself. Everyone is just waiting for a hard challenge that only the bests can progress too. If i'm not good enough to progress, than i can:

1. Try to improve.
    2. Accept the fact that i suck and find something fun to do in my level
    3. Sit in the curb and cry.
    Baamz, Witless, Zwipe and 1 other person like this.
  15. Goodwin

Goodwin New Cupcake

I hope Carbine doesn't listen to OP.

This kind of attitude is the reason other MMOs failed. You want the best gear? Then you'll have to put the time and effort in it and join a guild that does 40 man raids. Don't want to? Fine, go do other stuff that's less "intensive" and more fun for you but you should never be able to get the top tier gear that way.
    M3stro0, Joukehainen, Witless and 4 others like this.
  16. Draahl

Draahl Cupcake-About-Town

I will not be apart of the 7 raid days per week guilds til you perfect your gameplay and win every weekly challenge. However i think the legendary rewards is exactly what Carbine is looking for and i hope they are doing it. It feels like you are feeling left out beacuse you cant compete(time wise) with the "elitist" players. And to me thats totally fine, your not suppose to. If you do not put as much time in the game as them your rewards shouldnt be the same.

I know tho that the guild i am in will try their hardest on the raid days we have to get as high as possible, and who knows maybe its enough to reach the legendary level i dont know. Regardless i will not feel left out cause we all have the opertunity to make adjustments to real life wether we think its possible or not to be able to join those guilds. Its all about priorities, i would love to be world #1, but am i willing to spend that much time on PvE alone to be the best? Not right now no.
    Livnthedream likes this.
  17. BonusStage

BonusStage Well-Known Cupcake

i dont care that there are some things in the game i will never be able to get, because i know i dont have the time to invest to get them, iam ok with that.

There should be rewards for those uber elitist guilds, there should be a reason for them to act elitist other than just being jerks.

people should get rewarded by their effort and time invested, slingshot mechanics are never good, for anykind of game

About once a guild having the lead they will get to keep the lead.

well thats why gear is reset on expansions in wow and most MMO's (gear reset = epic gear that's weaker than new content greens), so new/diferent guilds have a chance at knocking them down on next season.
  18. dRakk

dRakk Cupcake

this thread too one-sided :(
  19. BonusStage

BonusStage Well-Known Cupcake

That's because this game demographic is targeted towards people that do not want/like to be catered
    Baamz and Xevius like this.
  20. dRakk

dRakk Cupcake

But surely there's people who argue just for the sake of arguing, I mean what else is there to do