1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

$60 for the first month?

Discussion in 'WildStar General' started by Reinou, Jan 30, 2014.

1. MrMikko5000

MrMikko5000 New Cupcake

$60 for the game and a free month? Sounds pretty good to me. At least it's not like when SWTOR first came out, you had to pay for the game AND get a time card, there wasn't a free month.
  2. DRGomes07

DRGomes07 New Cupcake

With most MMOs the first month is usually free id be surprised to see if it they charge you for the first month. Also if the game is $60 dollars id pay that amount all other games are currently average at that price range.
  3. Jinzouningen

Jinzouningen Cupcake

http://www.gamestop.com/pc/games/wildstar/113678
    i already did my preorder. If you follow Wildstar on twitter you wouldve seen where they posted pics from a gamestop with the Wildstar display a few weeks ago.

Anyway in regard to the person complaining about paying for a game. You dont have to play it from day one with rest of us. I didnt get into Wow until like 6-7 months after it was released and i was a fan since Warcraft 1 was on diskette. This new thing about not paying for someones hard work has gotten a little ridiculous. You really dont have to pay $60 bucks for it at all ever. if the game is quality work and the devs stick to their guns then it'll do just fine without the people who dont want to pay the initial purchase price.

Heck Wow is still generating big bucks with 5+ million of us gone.
  4. gabers1

gabers1 Cupcake-About-Town

You might have placed a preorder and even made a partial down payment but I do not believe that Wildstar has yet released the game for presale. Many of us saw the gamestop maneuver and discussed it on forums like reddit, we simply chose to ignore it. However, if you feel better sitting on the waiting list prior to preorder being released/approved, than that is certainly your perogative. :up:
    Kataryna likes this.
  5. Jinzouningen

Jinzouningen Cupcake

exactly. this cash shop, buying buffs and xp bullcrap is just that bullcrap. but those games are there for those types of people. Everytime i see someone cry over a game that isnt like that its so confusing because they already have their 1000 f2p cash shop games!! why make a complaint over the 1 or 2 that arent? go play your free to play cash shop, hat selling, speed / xp boosting , vanity color armor selling, no skill games.

someone takes the time to make a quality product and the leeches dont know why it isnt free. The same people think all food in all restaurants should be mcdonalds value menu.. omg......
  6. Jinzouningen

Jinzouningen Cupcake

I'm glad youre so educated and have bested me. All i said is here it is, got it from @Wildstar twitter where they said let us know if you spot wildstar anywhere...after which more followers posted pics of other gamestop displays.
    I'm sure you know it all and have all answer but i'm not a kid or one of those folks who gives a <REDACTED>. Its always amusing at how random people know more and have more answers than the devs..never stops being entertaining.
    Yeah didnt mention anything about one upping anyone because i did the preorder. Thats like nothing new at all.
    Also the only thing @Wildstar did mention was no word on a CE yet.:up:
  7. gabers1

Oh my, did it resemble this?: "i already did my preorder. If you follow Wildstar on twitter you wouldve seen where they posted pics from a gamestop with the Wildstar display a few weeks ago."

Actually, I got the information on no presale release from the Developer. Have you been to their site?

I noticed you edited your first post and it actually fits nicely into this thread now.:up: I too edited mine and added a little thumbs up for you.
  8. Benzecry

Benzecry Cupcake-About-Town

Three cheers for censorship! Times like this call for a Craig Ferguson video, because this thread needs to be derailed. I even made it somewhat appropriate to censorship! Yay more censorship!

9. MrDreadful

MrDreadful Creepy Cupcake

One of my favorite WFB units is the Plague Censer Bearer!
    [​IMG]
    Benzecry likes this.
  10. Jinzouningen

Jinzouningen Cupcake

I didnt edit my first post but I'm positive you are correct in assuming i did. :down:
  11. gabers1

:up:
  12. gabers1

Wow Benzecry, I just noticed that in the two days since joining you have made 65 posts (must be a record?) and gone from posting about likely being Exile to what appears to now be a diehard Dominion fan??? What happened ? lol
  13. Benzecry

I have been a member for about a week. My second post on the site was about probably being a Draken - Stalker/Warrior. I do play up the Dominion hype for fun though :D. I don't believe I've ever hinted at being Exile. Do you have me mixed up for someone else? :confused:

Edit: Went and looked and I did say I might end up Exile if I join an Exile guild. I'd prefer to be Dominion in all instances but I'm tying a new thing with looking for a big guild to be a part of.
  14. gabers1

Hmmm I do not think so and your profile states you have been a member since only Wed and this was the day of your first post. I think we even chatted about Exiles after I welcome you on Wed? This is sure odd......
  15. gabers1

Ok, glad my memory was not failing on the Exile conversation. Still does not make sense why everything is showing you just joined two days ago including your profile and first post. Odd.....
  16. Benzecry

Wednesday was 6 days ago, not 2. :confused:
  17. gabers1

OMG not sure what I was thinking (looking at Wed, saying Wed, thinking two days ago..) - makes sense now! (Still think you need to come back from the dark side though.....)

edit: PS- I am not even a drinker.:rolleyes: perhaps it was the 3 hours of sleep last night so....I am off to bed
  18. teh_ninjaneer

teh_ninjaneer Cupcake-About-Town

Exaggerate much? I still have my SWTOR box and it states on there "30-day subscription included".

Unless you just got screwed over.
    Kataryna likes this.
  19. Pejo

Pejo Cupcake-About-Town

My guess is that because you need to activate your subscription (like almost every other subscription game) and couldn't charge it to credit card, they had to purchase a game card to even play.
    Livnthedream likes this.
  20. AcidBaron

AcidBaron "That" Cupcake

My thoughts when watching threads about price discussions, payment systems and what not.