1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

A nice gathering/housing/(hobby?) reveal in TotalBiscuits video at least for me

Discussion in 'WildStar Classes & Paths' started by Anhrez, Apr 15, 2013.

1. Anhrez

Anhrez Cupcake-About-Town

At 8:46 in the first video Stephen Frost shows a 'gathering node' that is a plant mass. The loot pinata gives Spirovine and Spirovine seeds. Stephen then points out that the seeds are for planting back at your housing plot. So here we see gathering of Spirovine (usage unknown) and the Spirovine seeds that enable to create your own node of Spirovine at your housing plot. The concept I would hope is that once the Spirovine is harvested you have a chance to get seeds again, and then we repeat the cycle. This was mentioned by Jeremy but for me this was the first time I was able to put the loot of the active item to the action of creating my future node.
    So .. we all saw that in the PAX East press video there was a 'socket' that was a mine. Does that mean that one of the possible loot items from the loot pinata could be some sort of 'seed or crystal' that would allow us to grow ore? When I kill a big hairy monster that drops skins (like the pumera @5:41) could I also see some sort of 'pup'? that can be raised and skinned later? how awesomely evil would that be!
    MassFragg and Fate Flyer like this.
  2. Varalukar

Varalukar New Cupcake

Obtaining a seed for the garden/mine/pen is more enticing than buying the slot right away. A garden of rare dandelions for rent to gather, eh. )
    I can almost see a new Farmville born.
    Epic and Anhrez like this.
  3. shadowclasper

shadowclasper Cupcake-About-Town

Hey, it worked for the first ultima online, they did this too. I hope they continue it.
    Noxx likes this.
  4. Clickbeast

Clickbeast Cupcake

I love the seed concept of placing one in your own home. I hope they go the fun route and add in fun seeds / recipes to grow. Something akin to some wow consumables, like deviant delight fish that turned you into a pirate. Make some of the rarer ones be drops or something
    Epic likes this.
  5. ChrisJSY

ChrisJSY New Cupcake

Also, something I hate in some MMOs were the requirement for potions for raids and by that I mean, for those who weren't the trade-skill class who made it, were at a huge disadvantage, monetarily and boost wise. In wow there was much money to be made and saved by going Alchemy, same for SWTORs version with their easy to make, infinite use imba pots and those who picked useless tradeskills which in the end, gave worse loot than other methods made a mistake.

I ended up going both in each game and pretty much removed farming, saving cash and making profit. So it'd be cool to see if simply everyone can make their own whenever.
  6. Fate Flyer

Fate Flyer "That" Cupcake

I liked all of this! Until...

Anhrez. That's evil. Too evil, you male version of Cruella Deville, you. :p
    MassFragg likes this.
  7. Xandita

Xandita Cupcake

Now I can play Harvest Moon AND a science-fantasy MMO at the same time. It would only be complete if I could pick between an assortment of eligible bachelors or bachelorettes. It's always been my dream to have a farmlife harem on my housing plot. ;)
    HighlordDak425 and Fate Flyer like this.
  8. Yinello

Yinello Cupcake-About-Town

Noooo I couldn't possibly raise a little whelp to a big monster just to skin it. ;.; My heart would break! xD Looks like I'll be mostly gardening and making potions.
    Fate Flyer likes this.
  9. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

I want to raise little Yeti's and skin them alive ^_^ Oh god the demon inside me wakes up :devilish:

They got so much furr!!! o.0 i can even make my own clothes with their amount of hair :D
    [​IMG]
    Fate Flyer likes this.
  10. Veckna

Veckna Well-Known Cupcake

I completely agree with you - such a waste, you'd have to have a cooking recipe for the meat too! :devilish:

Gah totalbiscuit video :( - guess I can put myself through the agony of watching him if there's new stuff in there.

Edit: Watched part one - it's a pretty decent video ie TB doesn't talk over the guy trying to explain stuff + it's the dev playing so we're not subject to the usual 'journalist' standard of play (Jeuxonline guys excepted as they were decent in the GW2 stuff).
  11. Yinello

xD Aaaah you monsters! *flails*

I'll watch any WS video, no matter who narrates it. xP
    Fate Flyer and Veckna like this.
  12. Agon

Agon Cupcake

No problem, just breed some more whelps and skin those no need to raise it!
    Anhrez likes this.
  13. Ico

Ico Moderator • WSC's Gentle Flower

Less competition in the skinning business for me.
    Anhrez likes this.
  14. Yinello

Oh, I don't have a problem skinning wild animals. ;) Just not my pets.
    Epic likes this.
  15. Epic

Epic New Cupcake

Farmville is exactly what came to mind, and I mean that in a good way. I would hope they would put some sort of limit on it, so that you still need to go out in the world and gather. Say you are creating a certain item that needs one type of harvested good. You could plant that one item and only that item, grow and harvest it until you move on to another crafting item or potion, etc.
  16. Kasabian

Kasabian Cupcake-About-Town

There is a reason Farmville was so popular. ;)
  17. MassFragg

MassFragg Cupcake

Had anyone confirmed that you can only have a couple trade skills? I kind of want to do them all... even skinning little monsters that I've raised since a pup. :cool:
  18. Batzorig

Batzorig Cupcake-About-Town

Yeah, it was confirmed that as of right now, they will be limited.
  19. MassFragg

MassFragg Cupcake

Got the link to the release?
  20. Batzorig

Batzorig Cupcake-About-Town

Well, on second inspection, it's not as concrete as I recall, but reading the comment, it comes across as pretty clear to me regardless.

http://www.wildstar-central.com/ind...rafting-gathering-profesions-be-limited.2827/

Gortok posts this down near the bottom of page 1:
    That really reads to me that the current plan is to limit, but like many things, they're open to changes if feedback dictates.
    MassFragg likes this.