1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

A Question on group diversity

Discussion in 'WildStar General' started by Azzizabiz, Jun 2, 2014.

1. Azzizabiz

Azzizabiz Cupcake

Hey everyone! Due to some craziness at work, I really didn't get to play the game much during beta, or so far during headstart. I'll finally have some real time to play tonight and tomorrow.

As my wife and I, as well as a few of our friends are finalizing what our characters will be, I was curious how vital group diversity is in dungeons. My wife and my best friend both want to be Spellslingers (DPS). I'll be healing a lot, and I'm torn between medic and Spellslinger. While obviously we don't have tank covered, would me choosing Spellslinger grossly hamper us, due to lack of diversity?
  2. Convicted

Convicted Super Cupcake

I wouldn't say hamper as much as possibly slow your progress. Dungeons and Adventures can give some nice upgrades, but with 3 people all needing the same upgrades, that will obviously slow down character progress and may limit you on trying the next step up in challenge.
    You should be able to complete a dungeon or adventure with any comp, you just may not be able to complete a silver/gold challenge, or a veteran mode because the group as a whole isn't making use of all the drops in a given run.
  3. PalsyPlague

PalsyPlague Cupcake

While I agree with Convicted on a theoretical level. My personal experience has been that the wrong gear will always drop. Heck, in beta I healed a ton of dungeons on my Esper and I never once won a Support psy-blade. Must've rolled on three that were stolen from me by the dps. It is such a <REDACTED>-shoot that I wouldn't worry too much about it until you get deeper into the elder game.

However, that being said. You should keep in mind that if you are healing and your friend/wife are DPSing you will need different gear. So it sounds like your party only has two people whose gear is truly in conflict (the two DPSers). I don't see you having any over-burdensome issues assuming that you insert any tank in there along with a conplimentary DPS (heavy if the tank is medium, and medium if the tank is heavy).

Sure, your wife and friend might level their gear a little bit more slowly. But I've always found that people make up for that by playing better when they're on a class they enjoy.
  4. Domi Dayglow

Domi Dayglow Super Cupcake

Exactly. You won't believe how many Warrior amps I've found with my esper! Like, dozens. Literally! Some I've just set aside incase I ever make a warrior. The rest? Off to the auction house with them!
  5. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

Lucky man walking by!
    [​IMG]

Guess for me always the ''correct'' things drop (so far)