1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

A VERY Comprehensive Review for WildStar from a 1%er [WARNING! This is Long!]

Discussion in 'WildStar General' started by Crucifer, May 9, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hawk Sungrifter

Hawk Sungrifter New Cupcake

False. Most recent evidence of this was the MMORPG interview streamed last night. Not sure if this has been posted since this particular post but I am getting annoyed with everyone saying flying mounts are in game when they are being reconsidered.
  2. Yakzan

Yakzan "That" Cupcake

In his defense, he wrote that post after flying mounts had been confirmed for a long time but before the interviews stating that they are currently under reconsideration. So at the time it was fact but now it's a "dunno lol."
    Mudfin likes this.
  3. Hawk Sungrifter

The grinding of dungeons and exploration of the quest paths is the rest of the game...that they needed to get the gear - not to hit max level (where the majority of the story starts) and toss a credit card at the screen.
  4. Hawk Sungrifter

Haha yeah that may be true - I thought it was out a bit before but either way I have been going through the thread and it was bugging me enough I had to say something ;)
  5. Hawk Sungrifter

I agree about the convenience tools but not citing the AH as one. I think the removal of, in WoW, the Trade Channel was less fun. You could spam your crafting skills, your items to trade/sell, start arguments and gain friends through the random chat the ensued across the major cities. It showed you some of the people on the server that you may befriend or do well to ignore.
  6. Hawk Sungrifter

Just fyi, UBRS was a 10 man initially until they release higher end content and made it a 5 man dungeon.
  7. PlayerOne

PlayerOne Cupcake-About-Town

What it appears you are missing is fun.

What a lot of MMOs try to do is pretty much replace fun with loot. Fun is expensive.

What you are saying is that once you have the loot you want from somewhere you see very little reason to go back there. That says a lot for the quality of the game you are playing in my opinion.

If a game and its content was well enough designed people would go back and play through that content over and over for no other reason than that it was fun. At the moment that almost never happens in any MMO I know of.

Most big MMOs are treadmills. Grind out this raid, get loot that makes said raid trivial and move onto the next one. While it can be a highly addictive and economical way to design an MMO and thus profitable I don't believe it's the best way for the players.
  8. Mierelle

Mierelle Cupcake-About-Town

This is not true! Maraudon was added in patch 1.2, Dire Maul was added in 1.3, Silithus was redesigned for lvl 60 solo/5 man groups in patch 1.8, Patch 1.10 intreduced the quests to upgrade your Dungeon Set to D2 (which had some "raid quests" in Blackrock Spire 10 man) and patch 1.12 brought outdoor-PvP to Eastern Plaguelands and Silithus (which depending on server was all between solo to raid size).
  9. Mierelle

Mierelle Cupcake-About-Town

What I was trying to say was that after you had killed a boss, next week you see him it's the same boss you killed last week and the only difference is my own goal to kill him faster/less healers/other tactics but it's all my own challanges that I set up for my self and not something that the game encourage me to fulfill. WoW and SWToR which I raided the most in both were a gear grind after the first couple of kills.

Naxx(40) and AQ(40) was instances I went back to just to have seen them or have a good evening, today the only old raids people run is the ones where you have a chanse for a mount or legendary item.

Personally I don't care about the loot, every piece of gear helps on the next boss but I don't need it so who cares?, the problem is IF the developers decrease drop rate on items as the only reason for people to keep coming back to that instance week after week as most MMO communities have proven to be "gear over all"
  10. Agathia

Agathia Cupcake

UBRS a 5 man dungeon? More like a 15 man dungeon to begin with. Remember when no one was doing Scholomance or Stratholme in a simple group of 5 person? Only raids of 8/10 people (8 for one person of each class). We would go with a raid because it was a bit hard and everyone was wearing green stuff of the monkey!
  11. Nemeses

Nemeses Well-Known Cupcake

please what aload of .....while I may have agreed with quite a lot of what the OP said, the overall air of I'm/we better than you made so much of this post total and utter ____
  12. Yoda

Yoda New Cupcake

ARogant and cocky people are almost always top guilds and very good at the game, sadly there is few really nice people at the top..cause they are so competative that they have to be selfish to succeed.
    I really hope the community in top guilds in wildstar can be good and not agressive and shouting and stuff, but i dont think thats every going to happen.

1 imbah top member of method, the mage Vykina is awesome, really friendly even if he is one of the best mages in the world..its possible to be uber good at somthing and be a nice guy :)
  13. Witless

Witless "That" Cupcake

See below...

Thank you sir.
  14. Rumze

Rumze "That" Cupcake

There are some really nice people who raid and compete in high end content. They just tend to do their own things outside of raids.
    Wubwub was like that and kemosabe from EJ.
    Heck I was in a competing server first guild as a raider/class lead for a while before turning casual and have always been the same easy going guy.
  15. Freja

Freja Cupcake

I was without a doubt one of these people in Vanilla. I remember the first time I saw someone in full epics. I followed them around Ironforge and was annoyingly asking how I get such good gear. The sad part was, I was one of many people following him. That's what got me into hardcore raiding :) I wanted to be that guy

I think a lot of the newer WoW players don't realize how easy they have it to get epics. They're literally just handed out now. *Grampa voice* Back in the day, you were considered well geared just to be in blues. With epics, you were godly. I still remember how proud I was just to have my Warlock fully geared in level 50-60 "of the eagle" green gear lol.
    Kataryna and Xlugon Pyro like this.
  16. Yoda

Yoda New Cupcake

Haha, was fantastic when getting epixs was uber hard.
    The golden age of mmo's will return once again with WILDSTAR!
  17. Crucifer

Crucifer Cupcake-About-Town

we've all been this person at one point if youre from the old days. anyone from wotlk and after does not know this feeling and its sad really...its a crazy sensation to be star gazed at another person.
  18. Inda

Inda Cupcake

Eh, wotlk generally shifted the 'holy <REDACTED> that is cool" from gear to achievements. Which isn't really something I disagree with. Now it was seeing people with server first titles, mimiron mount, titles for hlk or 0-1 lights, and various other things like that. I mean, I definitely remember the vanilla 6.5k hp HWL lock or how cool T3 looked, but I would infinitely prefer status to come from non-statted things like titles, cape designs, mounts, pets.
  19. Agathia

Agathia Cupcake

I really don't want this because those things are useless. I want to win something that has a meaning. Titles? Cap designs? No one look at this... But mount yes :p I always wanted the black Qiraji mount :(
  20. Rumze

Rumze "That" Cupcake

I love achievements - gave me a way to track what i do ingame.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.