1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Alignment Vote: Exiles

Discussion in 'WildStar Races' started by Sebrent, Jun 4, 2013.

?

What alignment do you think the Exiles are?

1. Lawful Good

1 vote(s)
    1.4%
  2. Neutral Good

9 vote(s)
    12.9%
  3. Chaotic Good

35 vote(s)
    50.0%
  4. Lawful Neutral

2 vote(s)
    2.9%
  5. True Neutral

3 vote(s)
    4.3%
  6. Chaotic Neutral

19 vote(s)
    27.1%
  7. Lawful Evil

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Neutral Evil

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Chaotic Evil

1 vote(s)
    1.4%
  1. Sebrent

Sebrent New Cupcake

Eluldor and kanochi like this.
  2. Sebrent

Sebrent New Cupcake

Interesting that we have only good/neutral for Exiles so far.

I'm curious if the lore we learn about for the last Exile race will change any of this.
    kanochi likes this.
  3. Chim

Chim Cupcake-About-Town

I choosed chaotic neutral but for me they are chaotic evil. They want to destroy the order = they are bad! :c
  4. kanochi

kanochi Cupcake-About-Town

I don't really know a whole lot about the lore haha so I'm probably wrong, but I imagine they would be kinda chaotic good, since they have good intentions just maybe not going about them the right way.
  5. Chomag

Chomag Cupcake-About-Town

Chaotic alignments are always the sign of insanity.
  6. Eluldor

Eluldor Cupcake-About-Town

Pretty sure Robin Hood is often used as the character for Chaotic Good. That is also what I normally play in D&D games. I feel like the Exile structure/government, as we know it now, is along that line more so than a neutral approach.

Plus Chaotic Good and Lawful Evil (my Dominion vote) make a pretty nice juxtaposition.
  7. Sebrent

Sebrent New Cupcake

Think of Chaotic as more of an "individualist". In fact, that's said pretty early on in the description for Chaotic Good.
  8. Cogburn

Cogburn Cupcake-About-Town

It's rather difficult to assign an alignment to a group of people. Individual Exile members may be one or the other, but the group itself will change alignment based on who's making the decisions for them.
  9. Bravadorado

Bravadorado Cupcake-About-Town

Destroying order is part of Chaotic, not Evil. The Exiles in this game are the "Heroes", they are the underdogs that look out for each other and want stable peace. The Dominion aren't villains per se, but they are enforcers and they take ruling the galaxy as a god given right. Basically, the Dominion are keeping lawful order, but in the most d*ckish and oppressive way possible. The Exiles want peace and freedom of that oppression, but in doing so they are going to ruin the order from the Dominion and probably end up creating many conflicts.

You can think of it like the American Revolution, with the british being the Dominion. The problem is that the American side is made of 4 different races, and once there is no law and they lack a common goal, they could easily start fighting against eachother. The American revolution succeeded because Americans had a goal and the means/intellect/military to obtain that goal. For the Exiles it is really a coin flip between racial peace (Like american is now) or a racial land grab (Like if each 25% of americans all decided to fight against eachother after the war).

As it is now, you can either let the dominion control the galaxy as a dictatorial force that decides every aspect of your "pathetic" life for you, or you can go with the Exiles and hope that the coin flip goes in favor of racial cooperation and peace.

Honestly, even with the chance for failure on the exiles, I'd rather have anarchy than a completely controlled life. That to me is like being in a coma and you can stay in the coma (Dominion) or choose a surgery that has a 50% chance to kill you and 50% chance to make you perfectly well again. Maybe some of you would pick option A, but I'm definitely going for B.
    Sonntam likes this.
  10. Yinello

Yinello Cupcake-About-Town

I'm sure the Exiles are a mix of Chaotic Good and Chaotic Neutral. Sure, there are some who really are out to take down the dominion for the good of everyone but there are also those who are just out to earn money so they can buy beer.
    Apostate likes this.
  11. Sonntam

Sonntam Cupcake-About-Town

I wonder why that one person chose Chatoic Evil for Exiles. I can get behind the reasoning for Chaotic Neutral, but Evil?.. Come on.
  12. Bravadorado

It was likely a person who read Chim's post and agreed with his statement about it.

Thanks for the like, by the way ^^
  13. Chim

Chim Cupcake-About-Town

Dunno what's wrong in order. Full freedom mean chaos. Free human can kill the others. We need the law. Exiles are the people who want more and more. They can't get that we need limits. Cassians are free, Drakens fight 'cause they like, so they are free. Mechari was maded to serve, so it's normal for them. What do you want to change? I don't get it.
  14. Trigger

Trigger Cupcake

Without playing the game or honestly knowing that much about the lore,

Neutral Good.
    They can swing chaotic or lawful. They are opposing the big bad, Dominion, which is definitely lawful, and that gives them a chaotic slant but I also voted Dominion for being Lawful Evil so just because they choose to fight the Dominion doesn't necessarily make them chaotic if that's what they need to do to be free.

Even if the action of fighting the Dominion is considered chaotic, or if you just go by their behavior, there are going to be enough members of the Exiles who abide by their own laws.
  15. Bravadorado

It doesn't matter the reasoning behind being Chaotic, and often times Chaotic does not mean the standard thing people think of. Chaotic just means that it's random, a mess. The Exiles would be Chaotic Good or Neutral because they are fighting the Lawful Dominion. Sure the Dominion is awful and oppressive, but they are maintaining order. Breaking that Lawful system would be Chaotic.

Chaotic Good people are the heroes, they are the one who fight for what's right and don't really consider the outcome. The Exiles aren't thinking about what will happen when/if the galaxy has no law and becomes unstable. Instead they are thinking about all their fallen brothers and sisters and all the shunned and oppressed races,and they want to fix that. Chaotic Neutral doesn't fit imo because that type means you are basically completely unpredictable since you are chaotic and don't care about being good or bad. The Exiles are blatantly trying to be good here.

Anyway yeah, Chaotic Good is because they do whats right, not what is best for the law.Also I don't mean to shut down your opinion or anything, but you said you didn't have a lot of info and I wanted to explain for you. I'm also super tired right now, holy cow, I just fell asleep on my keyboard.
  16. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

I rather have seen the option ''all'' aswell.

I'll quote my post as to the ''why?''

Chim and Kataryna like this.
  17. Bravadorado

Since you posted in both threads I guess I shall too:
    Yes, because sending an unprotected ambassador to a savage and primitive planet is sure to end up nicely. The Granok saw strange people land on their planet and after being told to swear allegiance to them (Or else) they acted as accordingly as any creatures of substandard intelligence. Was killing the dude the right thing to do? No, but neither is sending an ambassador to a savage planet and telling the inhabitants to work for you.

No, aiding the rebels isn't a good enough reason. By what I've seen of the lore, the aurin barely even knew about the war when they first helped the exiles. Furthermore, telling someone that "your planet is ours and we're taking it because you helped the people we are fighting" is against the standard rules of war. Just because a neutral helps an enemy does not make them an enemy, and it doesn't mean that you get to turn your Eye of Sauron on them and destroy them. You could warn them and say that you will be forced to take action if they continue to help the exiles, you could tell them that you'd like them to return the favor to the dominion if you ever needed aid, you could do lots of things. Taking their planet and killing/enslaving most of it's people? Not a thing you can do.

It's pretty clear to most that the Exiles are the "good guys" here and the Dominion are the "bad guys", which is why the OP wants Wildstar's factions to paint their actions in a light such that their actions are more subjective. Law is good, but the dominion are going about it in an oppressive, destructive, and wrong way. Peace is good, but who knows if the exiles will be able to succeed in creating it rather than anarchy?

Really the choice here is: Do you want to be part of a posse that destroys/enslaves/assimilates anyone that isn't pretty or vicious enough to be in your ranks, or do you want to be part of the defenders of the innocents who may or may not be making the universe a better place to live for all? Obviously this a game so you can choose if you want your morals to apply or not.