1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

All Race/Class combos

Discussion in 'WildStar Classes & Paths' started by Cowboy, May 13, 2013.

1. Cowboy

Cowboy Cupcake-About-Town

I'm doing a lot of assuming here. If the "Crook Wielder" is a dps/healer and the "Rifle Wielder" is a dps/tank, my guess is that it will go something like this...

(In order of size )
    Dominion
    Mechari- Warrior, Stalker, Crook Wielder, Rifle Wielder
    Draken- Warrior, Spellslinger, Stalker, Crook Wielder
    Cassian- Warrior, Spellslinger, Stalker, Esper, Crook Wielder, Rifle Wielder
    presumed "Chua"- Spellslinger, Esper, Rifle Wielder

Exiles
    Granok- Warrior, Crook Wielder, Rifle Wielder
    <Redactazombies>- Spellslinger, Stalker, Esper, Crook Wielder
    Human- Warrior, Spellslinger, Stalker, Esper, Crook Wielder, Rifle Wielder
    Aurin- Spellslinger, Stalker, Esper, Crook Wielder

Let me know what you think and I'll best try to explain my thought process.
    :cool:
    (Sorry if someone made this thread already.)
    ManyFacetedMind likes this.
  2. Revon

Revon Well-Known Cupcake

Hmm considering the Mechari and Granok seem to have no magic in them (as far as I understand) I think the healer class would use technological means to heal instead of magic, which would argue against a staff -type weapon. That or they can't be the healer class... But then it would be silly if the Granok could only choose from two classes.
  3. Drasas

Drasas Well-Known Cupcake

Why do people think that the NPC they showed that you had to kill for the Dominion quests was a class that you can play in the game?
  4. Revon

Revon Well-Known Cupcake

People don't have much material to take ideas from, and there's been a few NPC's wielding staves so far. I'm starting to think I'm on to something though when I think the last weapon will be a tech item and not magic.
  5. Vyver

Vyver "That" Cupcake

who said a staff had to be magic

[​IMG]
  6. Cowboy

Yes, It has already been confirmed that Granok will be able to be both of the coming classes. I agree that it just sounds silly for the Mechari to use the Crook class. However, I just can't see Carbine making the Rifle Wielder another gun-toting ranged healer. That would only leave the Crook Wielding class for the Mechari to be a possible healer. I'm also going under the assumption that Carbine will give all races at least one heal/dps option and one tank/dps option. Otherwise the Mechari would have 3 tank/dps options. Assuming of course that the Rifle Wielder is a tank. We've seen many screenshots of NPC and what looks to be non-NPC Mechari holding the 2H rifle.
    [​IMG]
    For Example.
  7. Drasas

Drasas Well-Known Cupcake

Yeah, a tech healer is what I'd wager on.
  8. Vyver

Vyver "That" Cupcake

Don't forget that the Mechari are magic robots powered by crystals that can eat, drink, get drunk, and have boobs.

Also, I could see the rifle class being a healer easier than being a tank. Sure, staves are usually reserved for magic in mmos, but you can also spin them around to deflect attacks and knock people down.

aka two types of damage mitigation that tanks normally have.
    SilentJ likes this.
  9. Revon

Revon Well-Known Cupcake

I never imagined the rifle wielding class would be the healer. But I also don't think the last weapon will be a staff/crook, as the only 'proof' (as far as I know) for that currently are the screenshots of random NPC's wielding one. It could be anything. Maybe they run around injecting people with giant syringes? :D I kid, but I'd expand the speculation further than a crook, especially considering the Granok and Mechari can't use magic.

Well, I was under the assumption that people thought the last class would be wielding the same kind of weapon the NPC's with these wooden staves are using :p

[​IMG]

Or has there been another source I missed out on?
  10. Revon

Revon Well-Known Cupcake

They're not magic :p ...atleast as far as I know. Are they? I don't remember reading that anyway, but correct me if I'm wrong. Crystals don't need to be magical to power a robot, and even the De Lorean in Back to the Future movies could run on organic matter. ;)

Edit: sorry for the double post :oops:
  11. Rumze

Rumze "That" Cupcake

I can see the crook wielder using his staff to tank similar to a jedi shadow from swtor.

Id seriously consider playing that as my main.
  12. InnocentCivilian

InnocentCivilian "That" Cupcake

For what it's worth, I think that Granok can magic. :p

There's a PAX gameplay vid I'm too sleepy to dig up just now (it's the one with Matt Mocarski), and we see that in the Jagged Rock Mine area in Deradune, he gets firebended at by Granok. :p
  13. Vyver

Vyver "That" Cupcake

Well, its not magic as in "magic" but magic as in "space magic"

the same way the biotic classes are the "magic" classes of Mass Effect.

The Mechari are much closer to artificial lifeforms than straight up robots.

Anyways, still holding out that the staff is the tanking class and the rifle is the healing class.

If only because I can swallow a gun healer better than a gun tanker.
  14. Revon

Revon Well-Known Cupcake

I agree with that, but this game has 'normal magic' and 'space magic', and it seems the Mechari can't use 'normal magic', thus the reason they can't be Esper or Spellslinger :p And if the last class was a staff wielder like the NPC's we've seen, I'd say it uses 'normal magic'. You'd need some sort of tech equipment for a 'space magic' staff. The Stargate reference is good, but have we seen anything like that yet?

Interesting, gonna see if I can find that, thanks!

Found this, is this the one you meant? Around 5:50 mins.

Looks interesting, not really sure what that is. Maybe the Granok are capable of very primitive magic, but aren't magic-savvy enough to be Esper or Spellslinger, much like the Draken can't be Esper? It could just be some supermegachargepunch with no magic though, hard to say :cautious:
  15. Xlugon Pyro

Xlugon Pyro Super Cupcake

Maybe it was just his MOLTEN ROCK SHOCK!!!!
    Kataryna likes this.
  16. Cowboy

I was going from this. http://www.wildstar-central.com/index.php?threads/seven-classes.1832/ a post from PAX East.
    I believe the staff the character is wielding in the picture you posted is considered a crook.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=5DCqgowlTKo#t=410s
    There is some footage of it in action (given it's more than likely an NPC.) But they seem pretty fleshed out and have some very cool animations and effects.
  17. Revon

Revon Well-Known Cupcake

18. Cowboy

Perhaps, it's kind of like an Esper where it is very uncommon for an individual to have the ability and mental capacity to become one. You aren't just born an Esper, it take refining.
    " Rare individuals that display unusual mental fortitude, Espers must undergo rigorous training in order to harness the turbulent, chaotic energies of the mind – eventually learning to focus and transform this energy into telekinetic power." http://www.wildstar-online.com/en/the-game/classes/esper.php
  19. Vyver

Vyver "That" Cupcake

Honestly I just think a magic staff-wielding class is just a little...on the nose for Wildstar? Every class far has been an interesting take on a basic class, Warriors get swords.....AND A GIANT CHAINSAW SHIELD, Stalkers get stealth...AND CLAWS, mages shoot magic missiles.....WITH PISTOLS, etc.

Having what seems to be the most basic "priest" class just sounds too boring for them.
  20. Cowboy

I mean I don't think it's too far fetched. Battlemages get a staff....AND THE ABILITY TO CRUSH FOES WITH TECHNOLOGY ENHANCED POWERS. I understand your point though.