1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

All Race/Class combos

Discussion in 'WildStar Classes & Paths' started by Cowboy, May 13, 2013.

1. Revon

Revon Well-Known Cupcake

I agree, and I hope the 'crook' is an old name/concept. They could just as well have changed it since. Well, since I guess we won't know for sure until they actually announce it, I'm gonna stick to my theory about a non-staff/non-crook tech item :p If for nothing else, then just to live in the fantasy. Or it could be a tech staff too, who knows. Just as long as it's not your usual priest staff I'll be happy... :rolleyes: Let's hope it's something interesting and unique.
  2. crowsong

crowsong Cupcake-About-Town

I will be sorely disappointed if the rifle class is a 2nd gun-toting DPS/Healer. That in itself is much more un-creative then a staff wielding DPS/healer, only because we have yet to fully identify the extent of the crook wielders abilities they can still add a twist to it.
    Cuban Cowboy likes this.
  3. Drasas

Drasas Well-Known Cupcake

We have no real tech healer though. We've got magic spell healer and magical weapon healer. It'd make sense to have a tech healer.
    SilentJ likes this.
  4. Cowboy

Cowboy Cupcake-About-Town

Maybe the melee healer will fill this role. The crook weapon could be similar to a... blender for example lol. It will have many buttons for different settings. Hit the AoE button and the heal button and boom you have an AoE heal.... I mean that's just a quick idea, but I think there are many ways that the non-rifle-wielder could be a tech based healer.
  5. Revon

Revon Well-Known Cupcake

I think we've pretty much established the rifle wielder won't be the healer already. It wouldn't make any sense if it was, considering the healer is going to be the main healer class in the game.
  6. Yinello

Yinello Cupcake-About-Town

I honestly saw the Crook as a bashing weapon, like what Monks use. If I could get a crook that looked a bit like a Star Wars laser sword, I'd be all over it.
    SilentJ and Cuban Cowboy like this.
  7. Cowboy

Jeremy Gaffney said that When Mike Donatelli mentioned the main healer was still coming that he misspoke. All healers will be viable, there will be no main healer. All healers will be main healers. That being said, I personally don't believe the 2H rifle class will be the healer. Just my opinion.

Yeah, I was completely sold on the AoE looking move in this video.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=5DCqgowlTKo#t=410s
  8. Revon

Revon Well-Known Cupcake

Oh, another bit I'd missed. Thanks!
  9. Drasas

Drasas Well-Known Cupcake

To that point it(the rifle class) could still be a healer. There's no evidence for a staff class yet only an NPC so it seems people are putting their desires ahead of the evidence.
  10. Xlugon Pyro

Xlugon Pyro Super Cupcake

Eff staff classes.

The way I see it, to add the most diversity between the classes is to add another melee and ranged class. The melee would be a physical/magic or tech hybrid similar to how the spellslinger is for ranged. The ranged class would be a more physical ranged attacker, but more tech focused, what with bombs, lazers, and unique tricks so as to set foes on fire, freeze them, electrocute and paralyze them, etc.

TBH these are my personal wishes, but I also see them making a lot of sense and they would really flesh out the current class pool and add a lot of diversity between playstyles and roles.
  11. Revon

Revon Well-Known Cupcake

That's what I thought, but as Cuban Cowboy pointed out there's this too:
  12. Xlugon Pyro

This "engineer" weapon sounds interesting, even if it's just a gun. Given the game's sci-fi nature, an engineer/chemist class would be BA and would likely garner my attention big time.
    Cuban Cowboy likes this.
  13. Cowboy

I agree, I'm undecided on what I want to play with what's been revealed. I'm really looking forward to the coming classes. I really see myself playing one or the other.
  14. Xlugon Pyro

This reminds me a lot of when I was trying to decide which class to play in GW2. Turned out I ended up choosing between the elementalist and engineer (two e classes along with the esper... I wonder if there's something going on here...). I just pray to God there will be something for me. I'm just not that enthused about the classes currently (I am pretty picky though) even though they are interesting in their own way. I'm really hoping one of the next two classes will be for me, but hearing about a "rifle" and "crook" class makes me worry. Staff classes are boring and we already have a firearms user. If there's a lot more to them than that, it could certainly redeem the class for me and make it a contending class for my main.

I'm personally hoping for a spell-casting melee hybrid and/or an engineer/grenadier/bombardier/chemist class that blows things up with fire, ice, toxic gas, and electrocutes things. :)
  15. quivers

quivers Cupcake

been throwing around this theory in a few other threads but given that mechari/granok don't seem inclined to use a crook and heal maybe the healer class unannounced has nothing to do with the crook and is different entirely? like a medic or something that runs around with a shield of some kind and a nanite injector or defibrillator gun, something that could damage or heal from a technology based standpoint . which leaves the crook wielding class as something different altogether for the more magic based races such as aurin and dracken, which mean there could be a 3rd maybe 4th (i believe there is going to be a pet class, theres always a pet class) unannounced class that plays more like a traditional mage/sorcerer/summoner/warlock/necromancer (those little mask dudes have necromancy and were meant to get a zombie type exile race) type thing. also what better way to throw off and distract the information hungry part of the community (myself included) then to release images of one thing and reveal something entirely different
  16. Revon

Revon Well-Known Cupcake

That's what I've been theorizing and what I'm throwing my money on :p The Granok and Mechari can't seem to be able to use magic (or Granok might be, but only very, very primitive magic, not enough to make it into a playable class), and this 'crook' (assuming it is what we think it is - so far we only have a name) doesn't seem to be a tech item so it doesn't really make sense, especially since it's been confirmed that the Granok can be both of the last two classes.
    Chomag likes this.
  17. Chomag

Chomag Cupcake-About-Town

Yep, mechari using magic would be silly, I don't remember any game or movie where robots could use magic. Also granok are basically just brutes with little sense for subtlety or thinking.
  18. Cowboy

Yes, this is true, the Granok are a more primitive race. However we know that they will be able to be a healing class... Be it through the mind or through technology, they would have had to learn something along the way to allow this. They may be brutes, but perhaps they're quick learners.
  19. Domi Dayglow

Domi Dayglow Super Cupcake

Granok also had the whole 'Way of Stone' in their lore. So let's think of the Crook as more like a shaman's weapon and give it a tanking/dps focus. That kind of fits with them.

The Drakkan also love lumping skulls on a pile and summoning a bloodfeast or something. I could see how the Crook would make sense for them too with that theme.

Though this kind of makes the Mechari using them as a little silly.

As for the engineer rifle, well. Granok may be a relatively primitive race, but they really seem to like guns. Guns go boom! And they're probably great for shooting their beer cans. So it's pretty believable for them to want to pick up a rifle. Puny human and aurin has those little pistols? Pew? Pew? Granok has big rifle! Boom! Boom!

With these ideas, we're left with:

Humans able to use all classes: Maybe not the Crook class, but the overall theme so far seems to have been to give humans access to all of classes.

Aurins get 4 classes: I can see them using the Crook. The Esper, Spellslinger, and Stalker are already confirmed.

Drakken get 4 classes: Drakken are basically the equivalent of Aurins for the Dominion (They both have tails! Yays!) Their culture gives them a pretty strong claim to the Crook class. Warrior, Stalker, and Spellslinger are already confirmed.

Granok get 3 classes: Their lore with 'The Way of Stone' can give them a claim to the Crook and we know they like guns. So they will love big guns like rifles. The warrior has already been confirmed.

Mechari get 3 classes: Comparing the Mechari of the Dominion to the Granok, it's easy to see them using high tech rifles of the engineer. The stalker and warrior have already been confirmed for them.

Hmmm.....

This kind of gives us an odd pattern. If we start comparing races from each faction. Humans get all, Aurins/Drakken get 4, Granok/Mechari get 3. Does this mean the two unknown races will only have the option of two classes?

Also........

Someone who studies psychology or is super paranoid could probably conclude that I'm pro-Exile in the way I always put the names of their races first. :oops:

Oh! I almost forgot! I have to speculate and spread gossip on the two unknown races......

So, the Exile walking undead. Dead things (science dead things!) might have trouble using magic, but guns are fun. Maybe they get the Engineer rifle and warrior?

Now the mad scientist Dominion chau? Nothing says mad science like a rifle that's like a raygun and an esper.
    Cuban Cowboy likes this.
  20. Cowboy

Mechari have been confirmed to be Warriors (tanking option) and Stalkers (tanking option.) I believe they will get the 2H rifle class because we've seen many Mechari wielding them from screenshots and such. If the 2H rifle class is a healer, this would make perfect sense. However, I don't think they will be a healer. If the rifle class could heal it seems like it would be too similar to a Spellslinger (being a ranged gun-toting healer) as I said before. On the thought that the rifle class is a tank, it would then give the Mechari 3 tanking classes and no healing classes. I really don't think that Carbine are going to do this. I picture that all races will have the option to either tank or heal (all classes have a dps option.) I could be way off :D but, it really makes sense to me. Mechari have been denied Esper and Spellslinger healing thus far. Under the belief that the non rifle wilder is the healer, it's the only other option for them to be a healer.

I'm thinking that the 4th exile race isn't necessarily going to be an undead class. I think that they could have to be sustained by a breather or something along those lines in order to survive on Nexus. They have to sleep in the weird coffin looking beds that pump out the air naturally occurring on their own planet...etc. They could be a very intelligent, tech savvy, or even telekinetic type race....:alien: So much is unknown right now. I just want to know already!!!:)