1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Amp disscussion from Livestream

Discussion in 'WildStar General' started by Migrayne, Nov 9, 2013.

1. Pmizzrym

Pmizzrym Cupcake-About-Town

I am afraid you may not be playing this game as Credd is a foundation of gold sinks.

If you have a problem not being able to play every style of gameplay without putting the time in you shouldn't play mmo's

Or better yet, make a pvp alt!

Or spec your character half pvp half pve and raid with a medium skill guild

Or PvP as a pve spec and have fun anyway?
    SiddyFour likes this.
  2. Flinder

Flinder Cupcake

Its referring to abstract generalities ;)

I have no idea what the actual endgame content in Wildstar is going to be like. The issue is tolerance of content for sub-optimal-ness in builds. And I'm asserting that small group content could be designed that is equal in its intolerance to large raid content. But I do not know if that's how the Wildstar content designers will do it.

The "principle" I was referring to is the proposition that everything else being equal, a single player in a 5 is analogous to 8 players in a 40. And so whatever that single player does is 8 times more important.

Of course in practice everything else is not equal. But that's what I meant about demands on individuals being on a rating axis independent of group size-related difficulties.
  3. Convicted

Convicted Super Cupcake

ok that's cool, if you want grasp to that extent just to combat my point, I'm not going to take it any further.

:whistling:
    Livnthedream and teh_ninjaneer like this.
  4. Flinder

Flinder Cupcake

drat - and here I was going to do a "whatever man" next but you beat me to it :(
  5. Grimnar40k

Grimnar40k Cupcake-About-Town

No idea what you're talking about. Don't recall saying I don't intend to put time in, and never mentioned having a problem with grinding for gear for all specs. That's exactly what I hope to be doing. This is coming from someone who put in 16+ hour grind days in the old WoW honor system with my guild pushing people to HWL.

However I think grinding all day for multiple respecs with 6 different specializations and splitting PvP specs is unnecessary and takes us away from actually playing the game and being able to spend our time enjoying all the content Carbine has built for us.
    Xlugon Pyro and Leiloni like this.
  6. Vermana

Vermana Cupcake-About-Town

I can't say it enough. It's not the respeccing, it's the removal of viable builds.

I'm not that angry about having to Respec every time I want to PvP. It's annoying, but it's not a huge issue for me. Because...
    I don't like Raiding. Soooo, I'll be in the "PVP Spec" 24/7, even in open world questing. That way I'll be safer against gankers (and can gank if I want to) and I'm confident I'm a strong enough player to kill open world monsters in full PvP Spec and Gear. The stats should be even enough anyway (if they're not, there's a big problem).

The big problem I have with PVP Talents is the fact that it removes the viable specs so much. If you're not full specced in PvP Offense or PvP Defense, you're probably going to suffer a lot. So what, there's only two viable builds for each class? Talk about stale.
  7. CptElendi

CptElendi Cupcake-About-Town

Most of us only had one spec available for pvp for many many many years in WoW...i never saw anyone complain...if you like your class...you so don't give a single <REDACTED> for real.

And in Wildstar you will have to use point in other tree before unlocking the pvp one and then you have 3 choice...pvp offense...pvp defense and hybrid, it's already better than what WoW offered us for many years.

Wildstar is not dumb, they will obviously let us have more than one AMP saved...like most mmo do..they give you 2-3 duel spec and <REDACTED> like that. They are players/developper with probably way more experience then us in mmo, we have to trust them and if they fail...we do like the other guy did in previous beta...you tell them that its suck, and they will change it. simple as that.

And they seem to really put effort in giving us lot's of customization, so i really doubt that using all your point in one tree will be the best choice. Good players will probably spend point in a lot's of tree and create a unique and powerfull build. Not cause it's writed pvp over the tree...that its obviously the best choice for pvp.
  8. Drokk

Drokk Cupcake-About-Town

Here's the problem with that argument: the company wants to make as much money as possible. Telling players to go elsewhere probably isn't the best business move. Now obviously you can't please everyone and accommodate every player preference. On this particular issue, do you really expect them to force players to pay every time they switch from a pvp to a pve encounter?
    Grimnar40k, Leiloni and Xlugon Pyro like this.
  9. CptElendi

That what we did for many years in WoW...not only you had to respect..but you also had to buy new glyph....change your gem...etc etc...so you had to spend <REDACTED> load of ingame gold to be able to play another role or spec. Paying for only AMP seems to be fair to me.

And they will probably have duel spec like every single mmo atm on the market.
  10. Drokk

Drokk Cupcake-About-Town

Glyphs were introduced with the release of Wrath in late 2008. Dual spec was implemented spring of 2009. Your definition of many years is interesting. Just saying. :cool:

There is, of course, the classic quote of learning from the past. There's a reason Blizzard made it much easier to navigate between different aspects of the game. It's very difficult to go backwards now and make it a more tedious and painful process. I'm not arguing the right or wrong of this, just that when players have been handed a certain level of accommodation they come to expect and rely on it. This isn't Wow, but obviously most potential players have played the game and are used to a certain level of freedom and fluidity in their gameplay experience. If you want to be a true competitor, you at least have to take that into consideration.
  11. CptElendi

You speak about a system that wont even be in the winter beta... its still work in progress and i really doubt Carbine wont let us have multiple spec.
  12. Convicted

Convicted Super Cupcake

If you go into this game with that mindset, you will be disappointed in many areas. They aren't going to change the entire game philosophy because players expect to be accommodated.
  13. CptElendi

^Exactly.

They said ...it's a hardcore game... so if you already cry over having to go back to the main city to respect...pls leave now. No offense.
  14. Leiloni

Leiloni Cupcake-About-Town

Your definition of "hardcore" is requiring people to go back to town to respec? That's just a question of convenience, it has nothing to do with game content.
  15. Drokk

Drokk Cupcake-About-Town

I'm pretty sure I won't cry over it. I'm not thinking of myself, but of the 'average mmo player'. I try to take my own interests and opinions out of the equation.

But if you want to know what I think...I definitely would prefer at least two specs. I'm not the gamer I was in 2004 wow vanilla. I don't have the time or energy for the litany of arbitrary grinds designed to replace actual content. At this point in my gaming life I welcome most any convenience a game wants to offer.
  16. CptElendi

99% chance to have multiple spec. Like i said, Carbine is experienced..they studied the market before making choice for their game. Really doubt they will let us with one spec.

And if they do...well, it's the job of the beta tester to tell them that its suck and we need at least 2. And they will change it...like they did with so many thing.

So i don't see why people argue about it. Just trust carbine. They are good.

People should speak about Tier ability point tho..at least we know this system is almost done and wil be in winter beta.
  17. Drokk

Drokk Cupcake-About-Town

We're caught in the standard forum pattern of agreeing with each other yet somehow arguing. As far as trust...I've been burned by a lot of mmo developers in the past few years. I neither trust nor distrust. Well, I'll say it like this: In God I trust, all others play cash grab.
  18. teh_ninjaneer

teh_ninjaneer Cupcake-About-Town

Here we go throwing that word around again. Viable.

We don't even know what's "viable" yet because we haven't seen it in the game.

Also, in PvP, if you're not offense or defense, what other option do you have? AFK'er? Just wonderin'.
  19. Vermana

Vermana Cupcake-About-Town

Please read the disclaimer. This is an opinion based on what we know. I know I am making assumptions. Therefore your argument stating that my opinion is invalid BECAUSE I am making assumptions is null and void.

I accept the fact that upon the reveal of further info by Carbine, I may be proven wrong. I will accept being wrong with open arms, because frankly I HOPE that I am wrong.

So, again, PLEASE phrase your post based on the Disclaimer that I know not all info is revealed, otherwise it's worthless.
  20. Domi Dayglow

Domi Dayglow Super Cupcake

I think, like a lot of others, the AMP spec trees will be something beta testers rabidly consume, test and try to break to prove a point. A lot of people don't like the idea that if you have to spec for pvp, you have to ignore pve. Likewise, such a layout kind of forces people to do so to get the most out of their character in one type of play or the other. Which has been pointed out could be really annoying in openworld pvp.

It's still not launch. Things can always change. At the beginning of the years it was stated that flying mounts will be present at launch. An outcry of community opinion changed it to flying mounts were not be available at launch. Personally, I still hope flying mounts will be more reserved for something like zones on the moons of Nexus or in the act of getting there, but that is another thread.

As an example, we have Assault, Support, Uitlity, Pvp Offense, PvP Defense.

To keep the example simple, let's say that Assault/Support/Utility Amps are mutually exlcusive to Pvp Offense and Defense Amps. For this example, let's simplify it more. Assault/Support/Utility Amps labeled as "PvE Amps". PvP offense and defense will be labeled as "Pvp Amps"

Now, what if you gain PvE Amps by accomplishments in PvE. PvP Amps are earned by accomplishments in pvp. Say you can a maximum total of 10 pve and 10 pvp amps, as an example. You can put those Amps into your tree based on it's type. You couldn't put a point of PvP Amp into Assault for example. In this case you have a chance to earn an equal number of amps for each playstle, but they are mutually exclusive.

Though in this example if you want a pvp amp point you have to go pvp. If you want a pve amp point go poke Metal Maw in the nose.

I'm sorry if I made little sense. Kind of had really rough weekend shift. I haven't really sleep since Saturday morning.