1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Amp disscussion from Livestream

Discussion in 'WildStar General' started by Migrayne, Nov 9, 2013.

1. Ico

Ico Moderator • WSC's Gentle Flower

I was looking at Control from a more CC point of view to be fair, however my whole belief of the holy trinity having a fourth role (the Controller), would also cover something like a buff warrior. As I remember it Rift had a very buff based Warrior soul tree to accomplish this sort of task.
  2. AcidBaron

AcidBaron "That" Cupcake

The reason i didn't think among those lines was that both stance abilities have already an active on use.

Bulwark: reduces incoming damage by 100% and prevents kinetic energy from draining for 8.0 seconds.

Juggernaut: Activate overdrive for 6.0 second.
    Overdrive: Resets Assault and support ability cooldowns, increases assault power by 50% and increases movement speed by 50%. additionally, kinetic energy will not decay during overdrive.

As you see both actives already do something with kinetic energy provide you a small "burst" option after a stance swap, what made it for me illogical to add something on top of that.

Unless the actives are added due to stance dance it makes me think more in the direction of a reduced cooldown or an increased duration of the active, both increasing its uptime.

(all information used here was visible during the stream, before anyone goes into NDA alarm mode)
  3. ObliviousPrime

ObliviousPrime "That" Cupcake

AMPs I heard will have a cost to respec that increase each time IIRC.

It sounds ok though I do like experimenting with builds a lot. I wonder if the cost resets daily or more likely weekly. I think SWTOR had something like that.

I have not watched the entire stream yet only highlights of it.

I know that the LAS has no cost to change the skills there but what about the tiers?

Can you reset the tier points every time you fiddle around with the LAS or are the points locked like in some other games?

Maybe some of you who have seen the entire stream can answer. I know that the devs did reset the tiers on the esper when in the dungeon and dueling etc.. just was not sure it they reset it in Dev mode or that it will be easy to rest by the player as well.
  4. Gunghoe

Gunghoe Cupcake-About-Town

I just hope they are like rift and let you have 3 or so builds with the amp system. I would love to have a DPS, PvP, Tank/heal build to be saved.
    Dargenus likes this.
  5. ObliviousPrime

ObliviousPrime "That" Cupcake

Yeah i would like that as well. would be nice each saved spec saves the specific gear and accessories with it as well.
    Dargenus and Gunghoe like this.