1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

An Explorer's Guide to Deradune

Discussion in 'WildStar General' started by InnocentCivilian, Mar 18, 2013.

1. Patrician

Patrician "That" Cupcake

Innocent is clearly going to be competing with me at release (and probably winning, hands down) at being the first to compile all be various Scientist secrets for all the players who didn't pick scientist but want to know the lore tidbits. ;)

We should release him though on every zone they talk about from now on. He's the WildStar version of Bran Bronzebeard. Maybe he can even give Dorian a run for his money!
  2. InnocentCivilian

InnocentCivilian "That" Cupcake

Haha, thanks for the compliment but EXTREMELY unlikely! I am a notoriously slow player :p.

Guild Wars 2?

"Ah, let's see what this Heart-giver has to say about the area....Oh, Dynamic Event going on? BETTER RUN AWAY until the event is over so that I don't lock myself out of Heart-giver dialogue (it changes during a Dynamic Event and if taking part in the event completes the 'Heart', then you never get to see the original Heart dialogue again), and also so I can see how the Dynamic Event starts!" (I also do this for Skill Point challenges which involve duelling someone and some other player initiates combat before I've finished reading what the NPC has to say :p)

Also, even though I'm big into lore, I'm also kinda into min-maxing so the Settler looks super-cool if I just want to throw buffs around and have cool parties :laugh:. ALSO, the Explorer also looks like they get cool lore stuff! I wish I could just play all 4 paths at once! :inlove:

And Patrician, you seem the type who also enjoys taking your time with games; I'm pretty sure that there'll be other players who just zerg through the content and will grab all the secrets before either of us come close. :p
    Patrician likes this.
  3. Jeremy Gaffney

Jeremy Gaffney Carbine Studios

Er, holy <REDACTED> this is impressive IC. I had no idea we'd released so much info on Deradune.

Couple notes:
    - We constantly tune stuff, so some locs and quests especially will probably shift around, especially during beta and as we gather data from PAX/respond to feedback from the Arkship :/ But for the state today you really did a killer forensic job!

- There are a bunch of dynamic quest givers (some wander around, are spawned through quests, etc.) and spawns (poachers build camps, etc.) separate from the more over the top dynamic stuff like the cage-dropped mobs - but the hubs you got down weren't those (so what you have location-wise is accurate as far as I read).
    I mention this because we try to do those in many areas so FYI for doing forensics on future zones (also of course there are random discoveries everywhere too which can spawn micro dungeons/quest givers etc. as well). So sorry to make yer job tougher there (we do it for replayability, of course, so it's a net win).

- And in general, dizzamn. Really impressive. This link went around on our internal email thread and made us squee.

-jg
    Sonntam, Rai, Kataryna and 10 others like this.
  4. Honoracy

Honoracy Cupcake-About-Town

I really enjoyed your appearance on MMOFTW Live. Hope to read some more forum posts from you soon! Great post IC as usual. Always very in depth with super detail! I love it.
  5. Evion

Evion WildStar Haiku Winner 2012

Innocent, I am continually amazed by your research and ability to organize all that info. You've definitely inspired me to go look back at some older screenshots and look at some correlations, but I doubt I'll be able to do nearly as good a job as you. I definitely look forward to what you're able to put together after this next weekend! ;)
    InnocentCivilian likes this.
  6. InnocentCivilian

Wow Mr Gaffney, thanks for dropping by!

I can't tell you how happy I feel that this thing I put together added a little something to the day of you fine Carbine folk!

Don't worry about making things tougher; I knew the risks when I took the job, so to speak ;). I'm looking so forward to all the dynamic quests and events! ^___^ Until the day comes when I can plunge into things myself, all I can do is dreaaaaam!

Thanks again! :)
    Kurik, ruff_ethereal and Yakzan like this.
  7. Patrician

Patrician "That" Cupcake

Yes, you have me pegged to a certain extent. I do like to play play play and progress at a reasonable pace, but I get distracted constantly and my nose is full of the scent of roses on a minute by minute basis.

Also kudos on being noticed by the developers! But then, I'm not surprised this thread sparked interest. The amount of effort you put into it and how you also sort of came to Sherlockian conclusions is to be commended.

Just shows the developers are always watching, which in itself is more than I can say for a lot of titles in the past few years. It's quite amazing and wonderful too.
    Kataryna and InnocentCivilian like this.
  8. Fate Flyer

Fate Flyer "That" Cupcake

This is incredibly well done, InnocentCivilian! I applaud you!

You've included so much that I was only vaguely familiar with or had seen fleetingly in videos that I never could have pieced together as you did. Your excellent research is becoming legendary! What an honor to have this thread circulate through internal e-mail at Carbine and to have Mr. Gaffney reply here!! :eek:

I had never seen this screenshot before, and I really loved this dog-like guy! I had seen the skeletal humanoids before, but never a bone creature like this, so very cool!
    [​IMG]
    What an excellent observation! That, to me, only further confirms our suspicions that the Eldan may have been experimenting with hybridization and creating new species. I wonder how exactly the Falkrin were created? I don't believe their Augmentor could be responsible, as I don't think it's possible for nano technology to create a new species, but maybe the transformation could take it that far...? It seems to me though that the Eldan were very interested in combing two different species, as we see in the turtleshark, which may be another Eldan creation. We already know that an Eldan presumably mated with a Cassian in order to create Dominus, or at least the Cassian and Eldan's DNA was mixed somehow. It seems the Eldan were not unfamiliar with crossbreeding.

Anyway, really truly amazing thread, yet again! :D I am, for the most part, speechless. I wish I had more spare time to devote and to help brainstorm with you and compile information! :inlove:
    InnocentCivilian and Kurik like this.
  9. InnocentCivilian

Heh, I doubt I'll do anything for a bit. :p

When I do something like this, it's generally because news is relatively slow and I get impatient. :p

However, we're in for what is surely going to be a veritable deluge of news and media very soon! :D

Thanks! ^_^

Inorite! In the past, I've thought certain other companies were very good with fan interaction, but Carbine's level of interest has just blown me away! They don't do things in an ivory tower like some other devs. :p

I know; I feel so flattered! :oops:

I hope that these sort of posts don't become expected of me, though :p. >__>
  10. Patrician

Patrician "That" Cupcake

No pressure, InnocentCivilian, no pressure...

[​IMG]
    InnocentCivilian likes this.
  11. InnocentCivilian

Hmmm, your ideas gave me an idea! (and man, I feel kinda bad that this thread is being semi-hijacked into Eldan speculation, but....YOLO!)

We get the sense that the Eldan are interested in creating life. But there might be a certain progression with them. First we could hypothetically have purely biological creations like the Falkrin. Next, the Eldan might have tried their hand at Augmentation tech; fusing biology with technology. The final stage of their plans could be fully mechanised life, including the Mechari. But maybe the Mechari weren't the end of the Eldan's pursuit of artificially-created life. Maybe they tried going even further - maybe that's what caused the Eldan to disappear.

I must admit, I find the prospect of playing the Mechari really intriguing because not only do you have a direct tie to the Eldan, but I kinda see the Mechari as the 'favoured' creations of the Eldan as opposed to the Falkrin who seem to have fallen by the wayside :p. I can kinda see the Mechari taking particular satisfaction in wiping out the Falkrin because the former are unwilling to admit the similarities between them and the latter. In a way, they are both like lost children who have been abandoned by their parents. I feel like the Mechari might be clinging to their creator's last orders (protect the Dominion, ensure its success, etc) as a way to avoid having to confront their fears.