1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Angry Joe's Thoughts on TESO...

Discussion in 'Gaming Arena' started by kongpong, Apr 22, 2014.

1. kongpong

kongpong Cupcake

2. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

While I don't like his style of reviewing.....

TESO was one of the most disappointing games that i've played in a while....
    My personal worst thing of the game is the dungeons/grouping of the game....fighting over chests in dungeons, the problems we had with kicking persons out of the group but they are still in the dungeon so you can't invite another person and they can pull everything to wipe you...

And just the group questing/leveling that is just almost impossible in this game...

If only it was a better game.....if only....
  3. Dirty Outlaw

Dirty Outlaw Cupcake-About-Town

Its a great system to troll players though
  4. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

True, but it's a shame that they've launched it like this. They could've done a way better job.

And I'm curious to see what they'll do to fix all the problems....if they don't act soon the in-game economy = ruined for years to come.

But I can't help but wonder who would play a game in this state? Fan-boys? Or do people see something good/decent that I just can't see?
    If that's true then they've done a good job in hiding that behind a forest of mistakes :(
  5. Quietus

Quietus Cupcake

I've always thought that those guys can't make fun games. What they excel at, if anything, is making platforms for modders. That's not going to help them in this case however, since you can't mod MMOs like you can mod Oblivion or Skyrim.
  6. teh_ninjaneer

teh_ninjaneer Cupcake-About-Town

I played Skyrim for about 2 hours. I can't remember if I tried Daggerfall since that's been nearly 20 years ago now. So I wouldn't put myself in the fanboy category.

But I am enjoying TESO. Most likely because I really enjoyed Dark Age of Camelot and there are many similarities in the two games (thank you Matt Firor).

I like that there are no "quest hubs", that you roam around until a marker appears on your map. I really like the public dungeons, since it brings back the dungeon feels of Everquest/DAoC. The bigger, instanced dungeons are fine, but walking into a public dungeon and spending 5-10 minutes completing it just brings back fond memories.

And of course I like the PvP, which is very much like DAoC. Three factions, castles/scrolls to fight over, and battlefields filled with siege equipment.

Maybe TESO appeals to the pre-Wowcraft crowd, or the DAoC-fanboys.
  7. Dalrok

Dalrok New Cupcake

It's a great single player MMO. >.>

PvP is enjoyable, thats about it.