1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Any Chance Chua or Aurin Will be Able to be Medics in the Future?

Discussion in 'WildStar Races' started by Iskiab, Dec 4, 2013.

1. Iskiab

Iskiab Cupcake

Title says it all. I always play short races (dwarves, gnomes, goblins) except for my brief stint in WoW. I was limited by my class so had to be a troll and hated it.

If there isn't a way to be an Aurin or Chua medic, is there a way to customize say a Cassian to make them really short?
    Vennue likes this.
  2. Rek

Rek Cupcake-About-Town

Any chance? some. They may revisit race/class restrictions down the line but I wouldn't hold by breath.

Unless something has changed in the last 3-4 months, no, there won't be any height sliders.

If you want to be a Aurin or Chua healer you'll need to look at the other two healing options (Spellslinger or Esper).
  3. THIS AURINS ON FIRE!!!!!!

THIS AURINS ON FIRE!!!!!! Cupcake-About-Town

the resonators look too big to me:(
  4. Balgoss

Balgoss Cupcake

Aurin are very much into science and healing, and the Medic seems to represent just that. (Also represents boiling others' intestines, but let's leave that for a moment!)
    As I said in a different thread, it seems to me like they planned to have Chua Medic but got rid of the idea for some reason. Maybe because, as This Aurin said, the Resonators were indeed too big, or something!
    Vennue likes this.
  5. Iskiab

Iskiab Cupcake

Oh well, the medic playstyle really appealed to me in the video. Guess I'll play a spellslinger then. No height options for character customization is also jacked. We trying to recreate 2004 now?
  6. Alverant

Alverant Cupcake

I can't see the Chua healing people given their personality. Ditto for the Granok and Mechari (why they get to heal, I'm not sure) since they aren't organic. It would make sense for the Aurin though. Actually I'm not sure why there are race restrictions at all since it restricts RP.
  7. Ianpact

Ianpact Cupcake-About-Town

It's not nice to judge a whole race on just the few that you have seen. ;)

All races and societies, even the most barbaric, throughout human history have developed a "healer" discipline. Why would aliens be any different? :p
  8. Rek

Rek Cupcake-About-Town

They have healers anyway, because the Chua can be Spellslingers and Espers. They just heal via Magic and Psychic powers. I thought a Chua medic would be fine since Chua seem to fit the mad scientist vibe.
  9. FelixAkuma

FelixAkuma Cupcake-About-Town

Yeh they are the smallest races i think it's best to keep them as none-medic due to big resonators and.. Chua medic..? Really? Isn't the idea of a Chua healer just... Hilarious? .. o.o'
  10. Dasher

Dasher New Cupcake

Chua Medics just confirmed!

Treylor and Ianpact like this.
  11. Iskiab

Iskiab Cupcake

NICE! I just decided my race and class, both the Chua race and the Medic class are right up my alley.

Medics aren't necessarily healers too. Carrying two big resonators to fry people's insides fits the Chua moreso then any other race.
  12. Domi Dayglow

Domi Dayglow Super Cupcake

It is just like a chua to take the word 'healing' and turn it into 'inflict large amounts of pain on sentient beings!'.

Now, if only Aurins could get medic....
    Vennue likes this.
  13. Alverant

Alverant Cupcake

Why shouldn't Aurins get a medic? The rock people have one. The space zombies have one. The robot people have one. Even the psycho hamster people have one. If anyone should have them it's the Aurin. At least reserve the medic for organic species.
    Vennue likes this.
  14. THIS AURINS ON FIRE!!!!!!

THIS AURINS ON FIRE!!!!!! Cupcake-About-Town

:eek: EXACTLY!!!!!!!!!!!
    Vennue likes this.
  15. Ianpact

Because. ;)

Sounds like they have no real issue giving every class to every race as you could probably justify why any race could be any class as well as why they can't be any of them. :D

Gnome warr...,er, uh, chua warrior FTW!:cautious:
    Alverant likes this.
  16. Alverant

Alverant Cupcake

Exactly, if there's no technical reason to deny any race the ability to join any class they need to give settings-based reasons. I just haven't found them yet.

I also counted which races have access to which classes. Human/Cassian can be anything. Mordesh have five choices. Mechari have four. Everyone else has three. Why? Are they planning some future expansion to allow such classes as a reward for reaching max level or subscribing to the game for a year?
  17. Ianpact

The "technical reason" is right in the post, as in it really is a technical reason.
    Not a lore reason. In fact, I don't think Carbine has ever stated that there is a lore reason why any race can't do something. It simply comes down to time limitations. Why do all the ones for humans first? That question has already been answered by several post here. My guess, they went with the classes they thought would be most popular with those races first. Hopefully, the others will come later as stated.

As for how, I doubt it will be a reward for leveling another character. Rather, it will just happen at some point, possibly during an update patch but most likely an expansion release. That said, until they tell us how, it's all speculation that isn't worth discussing.

Edit: Forgot to put in a link to why humans have it all.
  18. Destian

Destian Cupcake-About-Town

1. Animations.

2. Adding new race/class combos during expansions is a great way to get people to reroll and adds time to subs.
  19. Agneos

Agneos Cupcake

For Lore reasons. Medics are the masters of Tech and science in Wildstar. They're equipped with the most advanced technology of any of the classes, and that kind of technology does not mix well with the nature-loving Aurins.
    zekkdarklighter and Smooth Beef like this.
  20. Whistler

Whistler Cupcake

For people saying why a race should or shouldn't be able to play as a class, the devs have said recently (reddit or stream, I can't remember) that they have considered eventually making all (or at least most) combinations possible, but due to limited time to animate those combinations, there are restrictions at launch.
    Haversham likes this.