1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Any Chance Chua or Aurin Will be Able to be Medics in the Future?

Discussion in 'WildStar Races' started by Iskiab, Dec 4, 2013.

1. Spracket

Spracket Cupcake-About-Town

People are focusing too much on the healing aspect of medic. Aurin can't be medics for the same reason Draken can't be medics; lore. The races that have access to the class also have an affinity for science. The Chua are scientists first and insane second (plus: how could a Chua give up the opportunity to kill someone with radiation?). Mechari and Mordesh also fall under "scientific." As for the Granok, while they may not be as technologically advanced as the others, they seem far more likely to assimilate to the technology than the Aurin.
    TL:DR
    Medics:
    Chua, Mordesh, Mechari: Because science
    Granok: Because they're mercenaries who will use any tool at their disposal
    Non-Medics:
    Draken and Aurin: their cultures conflict with science
  2. THIS AURINS ON FIRE!!!!!!

THIS AURINS ON FIRE!!!!!! Cupcake-About-Town

but they can harbor microscopic nanobots in their body and use science to create clones and mines and bombs.....................oh and they can be scientist path, the aurin lore said that most of them went to the exile science association or whatever so..................:confused:, and plus all of the grannok classes have to do with tech (medic, warrior,engineer) so..................:confused:
    Vennue likes this.
  3. Spracket

Spracket Cupcake-About-Town

I'm not saying it's 100% impossible for an Aurin to pick up a pair of resonators, but they aren't going to give the class to all four exiled races, and the devs can rationalize giving it to Granok over Aurin. The Aurin already have access to two healing classes, and the Granok have none without medic. Out of the three healing classes, Medic seems to be the only one a Granok would have access to lore-wise. I haven't looked too much into the lore, but I don't see a Granok being able to harness the powers of an esper or spellslinger.
  4. THIS AURINS ON FIRE!!!!!!

THIS AURINS ON FIRE!!!!!! Cupcake-About-Town

i understand this but the whole not advanced enough thing kinda got to me.......:oops:, but if the chua get medic they will have three healing classes , and the granok don't have an affinity for magic or a very specialized mind like the aurin do:D
  5. Ianpact

Ianpact Cupcake-About-Town

Yeah, where did they say that at......./scrolls up to previous post

Oh, here it is.

Um, folks, Carbine has essentially stated they will add the current classes to most of the races later on. See that which I have linked here to see for yourself. ;)
  6. Lidewyn

Lidewyn New Cupcake

want to play an aurin medic wish they would add it by release
  7. Domi Dayglow

Domi Dayglow Super Cupcake

I would like to have an aurin medic, but....I also would like to have a aurin engineer. If only to give the race access to a glass with heavy armor. As it is now, the only option for an aurin to tank is with the stalker. The only melee class with medium armor, yet still expect tank. I kind of think they'll have a disadvantage there. Few times willing to take a stalker tank over a warrior, or even engineer, tank.
  8. filanwizard

filanwizard Cupcake-About-Town

Actually Aurin culture does not conflict with science. As I understand it they are one of the big players in Exile science teams.
  9. Vennue

Vennue New Cupcake

I Pray on WS GoDs, Aurins can Heal-Kill-Die as Medics;)
  10. Alverant

Alverant Cupcake

Spellslingers are also tech heavy and Aurin can be that. They also used starships to get to Nexus. The scientist NPC is Aurin. To quote the wiki, "They embraced the sciences and Technology of their new allies" So try again.

It looks more like the reason is technical rather than lore.
  11. Agneos

Agneos Cupcake

Spellslingers are not Tech-heavy. Spellslingers are magic based. Also, yes, there is a vast array of Tech in this universe, but the Aurin do live more of a simple and mystical life. They're more spiritual than anything.

But yes, the reason is more technical than lore. I really don't mind though, to be honest.
  12. DemosthenesHPW

DemosthenesHPW New Cupcake

In biology and botany. Having a master's degree in botany is not going to help you when you have an electrical engineering question... that said, I do think that knowing so much about living things would suggest Medic could be open to them. That actually makes more sense to me than Spellslinger or Stalker.
    zekkdarklighter likes this.
  13. Cyclops08

Cyclops08 New Cupcake

I'm not sure I would trust a Chua to heal me in a combat situation. They might secretly implant explosives and tell me to go Tank...
    Some things you just have to say NO to.
  14. Benzecry

Benzecry Cupcake-About-Town

Maybe I am just anti-conspiracy today but I don't really buy the animation thing. I'd imagine they all have their own rigs so it wouldn't matter much. I just throw my guess into time/limitations/maybe they just wanted to/maybe they hate you for wanting that combo/I doubt they actually hate you so stop crying/why are these choices if they aren't actually valid to the original point/are you still reading this/probably want some diversity/humans are given all because we suck as a race and need compensation/seriously who doesn't like the idea of having a tail?/:eek:/that last one looks like throwing arms up. Ok I'm done. :whistling:
  15. zekkdarklighter

zekkdarklighter Cupcake

Personally, (I know they said animation problems, ect) I have found it fitting that they did not. The aurin are a more feral race than their counterparts. Of course the lore had to mention them adapting to their allies tech, or else you would not be able to play anything but esper, as that is the one and only no tech class. But the Medic is a 'super tech' class, even more so than engineers. I think it would be silly for a feral race to immediatly be able to adopt -that- level of tech. For the granok it does make sense as they have no other means of healing, yet won a war against the dominion by stealing their <REDACTED>. anyone who pvps can tell you the team with the best heals wins. Granok were forced to learn the skills out of necessity.
  16. BlueDragon18

BlueDragon18 Cupcake-About-Town

Chua, a medic? ROFL. Maybe as a pathologist.

I can't imagine a race that lives to destroy thinking about healing.

Aurin medic. Makes sense to me. A very normal extension of their species' personality.
  17. Cananh

Cananh Cupcake

Sorry I don't have a link handy but I've read a dev statement saying they hope to widen the race / class combos but it may not be until post launch. Not a definite but they're at least thinking in that direction.
  18. Agneos

Agneos Cupcake

Medic is not a "heal only" class. They're actually an awesome DPS. Trust me, the Chua are THE Medics. Medics are the most Tech heavy class, and using that Tech to melt organic material is right up the Chua's alley. That being said, Aurin Medics do not make since. Maybe if it were a type of "druid" class, sure, but the Medic is ALL about the super tech. Aurin are Tree-Huggers and more mystical, the healing side of Spellslingers is up their alley.
  19. ButeoRegalis

ButeoRegalis New Cupcake

The Aurin got used to flying in a frigging spaceship, I think they can get used to handling some shock pedals.
  20. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

I think this thread needs to be closed seeing as people don't see how long ago this was posted (at that time Chua's had the class but in the class description on the site it wasn't put so people didn't know 100% if they had it or not).

But this is a very old thread, I suggest also looking at the date's of the posts before replying ;)