1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Any other typical MMO bad guys rolling Exiles in Wildstar?

Discussion in 'WildStar Races' started by Haiku, May 29, 2013.

1. Haiku

Haiku New Cupcake

I've played the "bad" faction for as long as I can remember in two-faction MMOs, but for Wildstar I'm strangely compelled to play Exiles, maybe I'm just drawn to the general orcishness of the Granok.
    Kethrym likes this.
  2. popober

popober Cupcake-About-Town

That's becaue bad guys like being surrounded by bunny girls. Hell, the whole exile faction reeks of an evil setup.
    Imagine a picture of the factions in positions indicating their roles:

Human sitting on the throne as the "boss"
    Aurin mistress on one side,
    Granok brute on the other,
    Undead minion sitting in front.

It's a big-bad ensemble. I've been reading too much tv tropes...
  3. Nunchi

Nunchi Cupcake

I like the race line-up much better, especially if the 4th Exile race is undead.
  4. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

Why is it strange? The Exiles undermine the autority of our Emperor...ofcourse they are ''bad''....i think the better frase would even be ''Evil'' or ''scum''.

So i guess you keep playing the ''bad'' faction after all...luckely there are still enough smart people that have chosen the Dominion to follow!
  5. Kethrym

Kethrym Well-Known Cupcake

/fixed

You're welcome my friend. ;)
    Coolio, Homeslice and Xlugon Pyro like this.
  6. popober

popober Cupcake-About-Town

We do not "undermine", that term implies we actually acknowledge it, we ignore.
    Xlugon Pyro likes this.
  7. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

Once you've acknowledged it! So therefore we see it as ''undermining'' for there is no other correct teaching in this world then the teachings of our Emperor and the Luminai!
    The Elden Gods themselves have acknowledged it, and therefore so does the universe! You're rambling about it, is of no influence of this subject, at all!
    Ignorance can be a bless, but in your case it's a curse to now see our great teachings!
  8. Haiku

Haiku New Cupcake

If the fourth race is really undead, I'm going to have a tough choice between bunny girl and zombie girl.
  9. Red_Death01

Red_Death01 Cupcake-About-Town

Keep in mind one of the unannounced races are genderless... though I'm guessing its the furbys.... On the subject of actually picking races... Really all of them except humans are interesting and should be considered to be played. Honestly "bad" and "evil" are entirely up to subjection of an individual. In a way I find the exiles evil.
  10. Haiku

Haiku New Cupcake

hence the quotations in "bad"
  11. Red_Death01

Red_Death01 Cupcake-About-Town

I'm aware the quotations.... Its just some people ignorantly assume there are clear cut definitions of what evil and bad are due to what our society teaches them but, fail to recognize the essences of how to determine what it is.
  12. Yinello

Yinello Cupcake-About-Town

I never really choose a faction. I just choose a race and often the faction chooses me. ;)
    Xlugon Pyro and Huffle Puff like this.
  13. Xlugon Pyro

Xlugon Pyro Super Cupcake

Same here except I do have faction preferences. For all I know I might be maining a draken even though I want to play Exile. Race trumps faction in this case.
  14. Sonntam

Sonntam Cupcake-About-Town

Normally I go for the"bad guys" and this time will be no exception. But I must admit that Granoks and space-zombies are very tempting. Perhaps if the stars align I will even make one my main, but we'll have to see.

At least I can say that the choice is not so easy as it normally is. I applaud to the writers and designers of the game, I may actually have to find which faction is best for me, it should be exciting.
  15. Kethrym

Kethrym Well-Known Cupcake

Did we mention we have chocolate chip fudge and chocolate cake? With chocolate icing and chocolate sprinkles?
  16. Veckna

Veckna Well-Known Cupcake

I tend to roll the darker factions in MMOs - just depends where the guild goes though as that's still being decided.
    At some point I'll likely have alts on both sides to see the content though.
  17. Verilyn

Verilyn Cupcake

It's tough to just say which of these two factions are more "evil" than the other.
    -They both are fighting for what they believe in, at all costs.
    -They both believe they're doing good, and the other bad.
    -The Exiles fight to not be apart of the Dominion's supreme government, but they do it to be more free.
    -The Dominion fight to sustain their supreme government, but they do it for a greater cause.

Some things are missing here.. just a bit tired and can't think straight. :coffee:

It's a matter of taste I suppose, really falling in love with your choice of characters/factions will greatly effect your view on good or evil.
  18. Zerdav

Zerdav Cupcake-About-Town

If all Exile food is so boring, no wonder you're all frustrated. :p
    Kethrym likes this.
  19. Thordran

Thordran Cupcake-About-Town

I've been a bit all over the map with what faction that I ended up on in games.

I've played both Alliance and Horde in Warcraft, liked Alliance better most of the time purely due to the people I played with on the Alliance side over the horde side, which I chalk up to pure coincidence.

I've played an Ironbreaker and a Chosen in Warhammer. Enjoyed both sides equally, but spent more time on Destruction due to the people.

I played Republic in TOR, mostly as a Vanguard Trooper and a Jedi Knight Guardian, but enjoyed my Bounty Hunter on Empire side quite a bit too.

My main pilot is Gallente in EVE online, not that it really matters. I think the Gallente Federation is typically considered "more good than bad". I just picked them because I liked their ships. :)

I'll be playing a Granok in this game, because I like their look and backstory. I can't really get into the Dominion even though at first blush, I thought I would be more interested in them. They just aren't doing it for me.