1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Anyone else having trouble with the class/race combo limits? ;)

Discussion in 'WildStar Classes & Paths' started by Yinello, Apr 19, 2013.

1. MassFragg

MassFragg Cupcake

Lore. Damn auto correcting phone.
  2. FluidD

FluidD Cupcake-About-Town

I would hate if they made it so any race could be any class. It was one of the big reasons I quit WoW, Tauren Paladins ? Really?
    I never wanna see someone do something ridicuous like that again.
  3. Twinflame

Twinflame Cupcake-About-Town

This has been discussed at great length in the past, and the convo got kinda ragey at some points.

Stepping into here lightly, I believe there's no good reason for race/class restrictions of any kind. Two cents and I'm out.
    MassFragg likes this.
  4. Liris

Liris Cupcake-About-Town

I prefer more freedom with class/race combos, but at the same time, it's not something I'm upset over.

I was forced to be a tauren druid in WoW, even though I really did not want to be a tauren. In fact I put off making my druid for years because of it.. but I finally got over it and rolled one, and she ended up becoming one of my favorite characters and tauren one of my favorite races.

As it stands now, my only option for an esper (if I go with that) on the Dominion side is a Cassian, so it looks like I will be forced again (unless the 4th race can be an esper). But that's ok, Cassian might end up becoming my favorite. :)
  5. NigthmareSystem

NigthmareSystem Cupcake-About-Town

I don't see a problem here. My problem is I like 4 of the 8 races. so this help me in my chooses and will make a better roleplaying experience because will force the player to know the lore of their race.

And don't worry , I think every race will have at least 1 Heal, 1 Tank and 1 DPS in their cass options. while they don't repeat the mistake of the blood elves in wow (The only race that can be Paladin for 2 expansion), this will be fine, and we will have some cool groups with the race combinations.
  6. RedShift

RedShift New Cupcake

I prefer certain limitations because a, it fits the races more in many cases and b, if I have too many options I become indecisive and end up making 50+ toons before I find a combination that I like as I did in GW2.
  7. Inimicus

Inimicus Cupcake

As long as the last dominion race is space hamsters and they can be an Esper (healy hamster FTW!) then i'm fine with the race/class restrictions, as long as they make sense lore wise.
  8. herbalz

herbalz Cupcake-About-Town

yea and I think they want to encourage alts for more replay value. I mean i'm pretty sure im gonna make one of every path anyway
  9. Cowboy

Cowboy Cupcake-About-Town

I agree. The paths all seem awesome and I want to check them all out.
  10. EpicBubble

EpicBubble Cupcake

Its not a harsh limit I wouldnt say at all im having trouble with it. Most of the time I choose my race to suit a specific class. GW2 works well in the fact that the classes suit every race though im still not sure how a sylvari born from nature ended up being a necromancer but again their are explores and learners.

WoW got quite silly after Death knights came out and even more silly once goblin and worgen dks were out >.< no sense lore wise or gameplay wise.
  11. Guide

Guide Well-Known Cupcake

Restrictions aren't too bad. Lore plays a part and I don't have a problem with it.
  12. Roland Daemon

Roland Daemon Cupcake-About-Town

Personally.

I wish there was more limitations on class/race combo's (mostly humans...) but whatever floats carbine's boat in this regard.

I just hope that if they set classes in lore that they don't break it... Someone mentioned tauren pally's earlier and I cringed remembering the new class combo's back in cata...
  13. Naunet

Naunet Well-Known Cupcake

Agreed 100%.
  14. Kurik

Kurik Super Cupcake

I won't get into the discussion too much but it hasn't bothered me so far. I can understand how others might feel about this topic though, lore does play a part but we don't have some of that lore just yet. Also for one of the last two classes I am kind of hoping Humans/Cassians don't get access to it, if it makes sense of course. :p
  15. Patrician

Patrician "That" Cupcake

I like the restrictions with the caveat that in the future, IF it makes sense, various lore content can be developed to explain why races develop the ability to become certain classes.

But only if it makes for a cool, believable story instead of a weird retconny story. ;). Granted that stuff is subjective, but I've spoken with the one in CHARGE of the lore about this topic and I think we're on the same page here. ;-D

But in the long run, as long as the choices made lead to fun and variety, I'm down with it.
    Kataryna likes this.
  16. Fox Spirit

Fox Spirit Cupcake

Personally I feel that class/race combos should be a thing of the past. You say the lore doesn't support the Mechari being magic users (as an example)? Well, you guys are the writers, change the lore.

Everytime I see a game with restrictions like that, it just makes me feel like it's a cop-out, and it breeds negative feelings on the parts of the players. I'm not going to sit on the forums and belly-ache about it til I'm blue in the face, but it's just a pet-peeve of mine.

I mean, some things I can understand as a restriction, such as a good and pure race having necromancers and diabolists; that doesn't make sense to me... but for instance, Aurin cant be warriors (I guess) for some reason, well, why not? They can't make sword that are their body-size or something?

Maybe I just think that non-magic classes shouldn't be restricted to races...

I just hope that if one of the last classes is an engineer/rifle using class, that Draken will be able to be them.
  17. ShadowNugget

ShadowNugget Cupcake

You could always play a human >.<
  18. Mr_Wayne

Mr_Wayne Cupcake

While you statement is very true and probably why they make humans able to be all classes, there are people who hate being human in a fantasy setting because well you already play one everyday. Thats why I avoid playing humans atleast plus being a beast/robot/rock/gerbil man thing is so much cooler :)

Pertaining to the topic, I see both sides. It kind of sucks because I understand the lore aspect of it and makes it grounded, however I wanted to be a Aurin warrior lol.
  19. Guide

Guide Well-Known Cupcake

Then be Cassian. :cool:
  20. Ralanost

Ralanost New Cupcake

Or you get angry because you really like a specific race for looks and lore and really like a class for the roles it can play and how it feels, but that race can't be that class so you are SoL. It's a bad feeling and I don't like it.