1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Anyone else having trouble with the class/race combo limits? ;)

Discussion in 'WildStar Classes & Paths' started by Yinello, Apr 19, 2013.

1. Eldryth

Eldryth Cupcake

If I were planning to play Dominion, I'd have a problem with it because it appears Mechari won't have any healer options (my role of choice), and I don't really care for the other races. As an Exile, I have no issues with this- it just adds flavor. Just make sure each race has a healing option and a tanking option, and I doubt too many people will complain. Right now, just the Mechari seem to be an issue there (since we know Granok will get both the unknown classes).
  2. Xlugon Pyro

Xlugon Pyro Super Cupcake

My only real beef is no aurin warriors since my choice is either an esper or a warrior and I want to play Exiles. I will not play human so if I choose warrior, I will have to resort to being Dominion scum and most likely will be a draken warrior.
  3. Karl Pedder

Karl Pedder Cupcake-About-Town

Huh Granok can be warriors and there is a reasonably good chance the 4th race will be able to as well.

Honestly these kinds of issues always strike me as people wailing about how they have no choices rather than not liking the choices that are available which are very different things.

I prefer pistols to rifles so the lack of a Mechari Spellslinger is a little bit of a downer for me because from what I've seen I think I will also like the Spellslinger playstyle. However I can understand that carbine want some internal coherancy to the world they are building and they have decided that in their world robot=no magic and Spellslinger is magic, it makes a degree of sense and is outside of my control.

Now at the end of the day it will be my choice if I limit myself in terms of what classes I play because I will only play race X, Y or Z or only 1 faction or whatever additional self imposed restrictions I place on myself above and beyond those imposed by the game. Seems kind of petulant and entitled to whine about how because of my own self imposed restrictions something I do control the restrictions built in by the people making the game are too harsh stopping me from playing what I want....
  4. Xlugon Pyro

Xlugon Pyro Super Cupcake

No whining here. It is what it is.

And you're right: Granok can be warriors too. The thing is, I'm not really big on any of the Exile races except the aurin, although I may explore the granok, but not as a main or primary alt. This means if I like the warrior a lot more than the esper, I'll probably switch to Dominion since the aesthetics of my character matter more to me than my faction's culture and ideology. It's similar to how I ended up playing the draenei in WoW when my favorite faction was the Horde, not the Alliance.

Plus, if I end up playing Dominion, I can come up with a decent character background that justifies his/her allegiance to the Dominion to my liking.