1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Anyone else leary of modding?

Discussion in 'WildStar General' started by Narthen, Apr 8, 2013.

1. iiFrank

iiFrank Cupcake-About-Town

I agree with this as well. I"ve never needed a UI to make my game-play better or more convenient. I feel the Devs made the UI the way they did because it works just fine for what they built. The Mods are available for those who want them but you also have the option to play the game with out it because that's its original form, and like that old saying says.. "If it ain't broken then don't fix it". I don't have anything against mods, but i'm ok with out them. I've been in a lot of top raiding guilds in the past and top individual Pve/Pvp rankings across many games and never needed a mod. There are a lot of great comments and opinions here and even though I don't agree with everyone but some, I'm still glad to be apart of this community because no matter how blunt the post may get, everyone still keeps their composure and there isn't even the slightest sign of anyone having a toxic mind state.

Thanks! to everyone for being a great community.
  2. Poet

Poet Cupcake

always leary... To me mods are a double edged sword. On the one hand there are some really talented folks out there that really put the effort in to make really cool and useful things but on the other hand it they sometimes lead to advantages in gameplay.

Another thing is folks like to complain about how hard raids used to be but try to run them without threat meters and DBM and with gear only coming from random drops and things get much harder much faster.
  3. atom

atom Cupcake-About-Town

This makes the game sound like a giant AOE fest, which is equally as disengaging as a single-heal centric system. Are you aiming to make it "aoe here for best results" or trying for a balanced approach a la World of Warcraft?
  4. Konoko

Konoko Cupcake-About-Town

Correction you are a cynical young goat. :p
  5. Rainydays

Rainydays New Cupcake

Coming from someone who has raiding a lot since Vanilla WoW and in multiple games.. I can say that modding is a good thing, but not ENTIRELY. I think that it is good that they are allowing mods, but I don't think they should simply "open the flood gates" and anything goes!

Any of the healing mods that allowed you to "click to cast" with your mouse on the raid UI's just became a boring game of meter watching. You may as well play a MUD at that point, since as a healer you will hardly see anything but those health bars.

Any type of "Dispel Aid". Decursive being the one I am familiar with. Really trivialized any content that had debuff mechanics to it. Also, really screwed over the DoT class in PVP.

But overall, I think having mods in the game are great and I agree that it adds in longevity to the game.