1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

ArcheAge

Discussion in 'Gaming Arena' started by Einzo, Jun 12, 2013.

1. Einzo

Einzo Cupcake

[​IMG]

Official Website: http://www.archeagegame.com
    Publisher: Trion Worlds
    Developer: XL Games
    Platform(s): Microsoft Windows
    Release Date: 2013

Video

Screenshot

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

For those who are interested to play together and looking for a Guild, you may consider joining us: More info HERE
  2. Einzo

Einzo Cupcake

Yakzan likes this.
  3. Reykjavik

Reykjavik New Cupcake

Grrrr.. you've come to the wrong part of Nexus :sneaky:
  4. Avecinna

Avecinna New Cupcake

Nah man, doesn't really cut it for me. It's about as much a threat to Wildstaras the Exiles imo is to the Dominion (which is none, those de-civilized beggarly rednecks won't be more than an annoyance and a couple of replaceable causalities - we probably didn't need them anyway id they were weak enough to die).

Graphics will quickly be outdated, game already seem to be unbalanced in it's Asian version, story seems dull as does overall environment.
  5. Einzo

Einzo Cupcake

Summer anyone?

6. WildFly

WildFly Cupcake

Exiles will dominate. ;)
    Menegoth likes this.
  7. Lookeba

Lookeba Cupcake

The game looks like it could be interesting but it's hard to really tell this early on.
  8. Phyllo

Phyllo Cupcake

It looks interesting, might be something to kill the time waiting for Wildstar release. I just really hope they change the way the cat race women faces look. They used to have the more animal like face then jumped on the korean mmo bandwagon(I realize it was a korean game first) and changed them to creepy doll looking faces. Which do not fit at all in the game imo. It looks so weird and creepy and not cute at all if that's what they were trying to achieve.
  9. Witless

Witless "That" Cupcake

Depends on what Trion does to it. But I like what I see. Hell, I like how the Korean version looks. I think it has the potential to be a dark horse game that sticks around for a while. Not quite a true sandbox but with a lot of open elements that look solid.

This is a review from a player playing the Korean version. Solid review from a player that is more PvP focused.
  10. Fingers

Fingers Cupcake-About-Town

I'm sure I read somewhere recently that they are dishing out a sort of action point in game and you only get so many each day, and that they have extended this to mob drops and things which makes the game somewhat less attractive to me than it had been previously.
  11. Veregx

Veregx New Cupcake

I've watched some footage of people playing and it doesn't look very interesting to me. I do like the art in your first image here, though.
  12. Symphus

Symphus New Cupcake

I played the Korean version. The games combat is slow, when you attack the abilities have delays. The combat is similar to Aion but slower. The game went from P2P to F2P because it lost a lot of subscriptions. The content was interesting. You can have a pirate guild, with your ship you can attack other guild ships or ports. Being a pirate doesn't allow you to enter NPC towns without being attacked by the guards.
  13. Draxus

Draxus Cupcake

Uhm, any news from Trion?
    It looks like it is in some kind of beta now in Russia. (translated in Russian - text and voice)

off: there is no point to open another thread, so I had to necro this one.
  14. Nayukhuut`Chet

Nayukhuut`Chet Cupcake

Release date hasn't been updated since last year I think... nothing from Trion about it save the occasional "we are still working on it". I've been signed up for beta for months and nothing, though I'm traditionally unlucky in betas so eh.
  15. Sera Serenity

Sera Serenity Cupcake-About-Town

Hi,

Yes the Russian beta is starting, although distribution in Russian is not by TRION.

After the difficulties TRION faced last year only one update has been put out, saying XLGames are focusing on helping the Russian release and after that they will focus on helping with the NA/EU.. The real flow of information from TRION seemed to stop when Elwar left :(

TRION ArcheAge Website is up and you can register for beta.
    Draxus likes this.
  16. WildFly

WildFly Cupcake

Check out ArcheBlade!! Great game. I even run a server sometimes for people to play on.

http://en.codebrush.net/game

It's a very fun game and quite addictive if you give it some time. My toon Shadyhaxx is already pretty proficient with Reny.F (fire). I run a server sometimes simply labeled Shadyhaxx_BridgeOnly
  17. Dirty Outlaw

Dirty Outlaw Cupcake-About-Town

The only reason I looked into this game is the piracy part I thought that would be cool to make a pirate clan and raid on players sailing.

But I've seen some vids and eh minute long ccs turn me off

Everything else is sorta eh

Jail could be cool system but I know too little to make judgement.

Graphics is typical Asian mmo and quite frankly bores me races are boring.
    Always all looks the same to me even blade and soul which is somewhat stylized still has the same issues with me when it comes to characters.

The game could be good but nothing really makes excited to play it except for piracy I guess but that alone wouldn't be enough I think.
  18. Draxus

Draxus Cupcake

Hi,

Thank you !
  19. Draxus

Draxus Cupcake

As I see Trion started a closed alpha and they have the official forums open to public.
  20. Draxus

Draxus Cupcake

http://www.archeagegame.com/en/news/2014/08/archeage-schedule-announcement/

Our road to launch starts with Open Beta commencing on Thursday, September 4 at 10:00 AM PDT and run to the same time on Monday, September 8. Open Beta will be available to all new and veteran players with no invitation required. If you’ve played during Closed Beta, your character will be waiting for you and your timers on crops and taxes will pick up right where they left off. Following Open Beta, we will be wiping all servers in preparation for ArcheAge’s Head Start, a four-day advance play window granted to all Founders. Head Start starts on Friday, September 12 at 10:00 AM PDT and culminates with ArcheAge’s official launch. All progress from Head Start will carry over to launch.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]