1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Are Exile Humans genetically different from Dominion Cassian Humans?

Discussion in 'WildStar Races' started by Cretz, Jun 3, 2013.

1. Cretz

Cretz Cupcake

If not, shouldn't Cassians be known as Cassian Humans? I think calling Cassians just Casdian dehumanizes them... If that makes sense.
  2. JoeDragon

JoeDragon Cupcake-About-Town

Humans are the same as Cassians, except for the possible exclusion of Highborne Cassians which supposedly have trace amounts of eldan blood in their veins. The Highborne had it pretty good amongst the Cassians so it is doubtful that they would have left with the Humans who became the Exiles.

Cassians ARE Humans, however I think it's just a simple way to differentiate the Exiled Humans from the Humans of Cassus. After all, you wouldn't go around saying North American Human and European Human, You would just say North American or European. Since Exile humans don't really seem to have a home world anymore, they just say Human.

Anyways that's just my theory and speculation.
  3. Jynetik

Jynetik "That" Cupcake

The differences (if any) are very slight. Some Cassians have a trace of Lumini blood in their veins but I am sure that past a certain % it doesn't make a difference. As far as Exile humans are concerned there apparently is some inbreeding going on,which can leave some genetic abnormalities but it's probably also small enough that it doesn't make a difference.
  4. Ico

Ico Moderator • WSC's Gentle Flower

Wha? Where did this come out?!?!
  5. Jynetik

Jynetik "That" Cupcake

"And no we ain't inbred... most of us anyway"
  6. Ico

Ico Moderator • WSC's Gentle Flower

Oh I think that's just a little bit of that quirky southern humor, I don't think they actually plan on introducing inbreeding as you know, like, a thing.
  7. Shoogli

Shoogli Cupcake-About-Town

Game wise maybe there will be hairstyles that are available only to one side ?
  8. Haversham

Haversham Cupcake-About-Town

People still do it though :) Maybe not in the way you said, but many still go around using ancestry and descent as descriptors for themselves and others.
  9. popober

popober Cupcake-About-Town

You'd be surprised, but it's actually the Cassians who have inbreeding as a... "major part of their culture". The Luminai practice it, but you know, it's the usual royally screwed up thing. Makes you wonder why they wear masks...

On-topic, genetically, it's been confirmed that there are may be differences between Exile humans and Cassians. Cassians have a caste system where society is divided between highborn cassians, those who can trace luminai ancestry, and lowborn cassians, those who can't. Period. I'm sure you can guess which ones probably eventually rebelled and became the lovable exiles we know and love.
  10. Outburstz

Outburstz Cupcake-About-Town

No genetic difference between them and here I why. During the Cassian rebellion many low born citizens joined up but I highly doubt that all of the low borns joined them. I mean even in real life the American colonist still had many that supported and joined the English.

The caste system for the Cassian I believe works like this
    Full Luminai Cassian (Emperor and main family)- Elf like appearance directly related to Dominus the first emperor Not playable
    example Myrcalus the Vindicator

Half Luminai Cassian also known as high born Cassian( Distant cousins of the Emperor) - Normal human in appearance can trace their line to the Emperor himself through the Great Luminai houses. Not playable
    Example The guy from the Dominon Trailer

Then the Non Luminai Cassian also known as low born ( Not related to the Emperor) - Normal human in appearance can not trace line to the emperor the middle class of Cassian PLAYABLE

When you are talking about the front lines of the Dominion vs Exile front the characters that we will be playing I bet are low Cassian citizens that joined the military. They have a chance to improve their standing in society by proving themselves as great warriors and such. However the very high positions in the military belong to the high born Cassians like the generals and war leaders. (The ones your going to be taking orders from)

That is how it will be set up IMO. The only real difference I see in the way that they we go about this is the choice of clothes and accessories. Other then that both the Exile humans and Cassian humans will be the same.
  11. Chim

Chim Cupcake-About-Town

Stop lying, Cassians are lemurs in ninja suits maded of exiles skin.
  12. popober

Except that "highborn" Cassians aren't half-luminai. They're Cassians who have can trace a lineage to one of the great houses, ergo distant, but veeeeeerrrryyyy distant relatives of the emperor. They have trace amounts of luminai blood in them, that's their claim to prestige. The Great Houses, or the luminai royal family, pretty much comprise the ruling body, or atleast the very top class.

It's kinda like this in a scale:
    Emperor-THE luminai
    Great houses-Royal family and extended
    High born-People who can trace a lineage to one of the great houses.
    Low born-People who can't.

So it's very possible that the playable Cassians are almost all highborn maybe with some low born here and there who couldn't join the rebellion or stayed loyal.
  13. Outburstz

The problem with what your saying is that the high borns are not apart of the Great Houses which can not be case. If someone can trace their lineage to one of the great houses then that means that they are apart of that house. This would make them important and valuable due to the decree that people with Luminai blood need to marry each other.

Since they made this as a precaution to keeping the Luminai blood from dyeing out I find it hard to believe that they would willing let people with this blood into the front lines of conflict.

There can't be that many people with the Luminai blood if they made a decree to keep the blood from dying out. I would say about 200,000 to 400,000 people who can trace it back to Luminai. This is not a lot when talking about a whole planet of humans on top of a empire that is ruling most of the galaxy.

Thus why I believe you can only play as a low born Cassian.
  14. popober

Have you read the Luminai page on the site? "Highborn Cassians were those who could trace their lineage to the one or more of the Great Luminai houses, and therefore had trace amounts of Eldan blood in their veins. Lowborn Cassians could not." This means that they are NOT part of the great houses, they only have a claim of being descended from it. The Great houses are composed of actual luminai, ones who have significant Eldan blood in their veins, ergo the royal family, while high born only wish they could be part of the great houses through a convoluted family tree. Otherwise why bother with the highborn and lowborn thing? Just call them Luminai and not.

It's highly possible that pretty much most lowborn left and joined the exiles, that's why they need to field more highborns. It's likely that either highborns were created through some agreements or trysts by a random luminai who couldn't keep it in his pants, or like I said before, they're just playing a really convoluted family tree.
  15. Outburstz

After rereading the post I see what you mean. I thought that the Luminai houses were filled with both humans and Luminai that could trace their way to the emperor each house having 1 or 2 main Luminai but there was a part that said an "unexpected racial divide" between highborn and low born Cassians which means that the humans were not the focus of the decree.

I guess it is possible that we could play high born Cassians since the decree is only for the Luminai of the houses.
  16. Chomag

Chomag Cupcake-About-Town

Exile humans are white trash while cassians are upper society.
  17. Baeldan

Baeldan Cupcake-About-Town

*Represented by white trash. Therefore as a future Exile, my first action will be to tear down the current redneck leadership and inject a strong, strategic leadership of frontiersmen and Granok mercs. And maybe an Aurin scientist.
  18. DrShemp

DrShemp Cupcake

There isn't any genetic difference, only cultural.