1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Are you Casual or Hardcore?

Discussion in 'WildStar General' started by TuxedoMask, Dec 19, 2013.

?

Which would you describe yourself as? (Pick 1)

1. Casual PvE Player (Some Raiding if you have time)

46.2%
  2. Casual PvP Player (Some Arena if you have time)

4.3%
  3. Hardcore PvE Player (Push HM Content)

23.7%
  4. Hardcore PvP (Push Ratings)

25.8%
  1. Sandmoth

Sandmoth New Cupcake

I am only slightly above average. I like pvp and pve, and I do practice to get better. But if something is insanely difficult or requires too much time, then I simply wont do it.
  2. Livnthedream

Livnthedream Super Cupcake

If you are going to continue your "nerf the game before you have even played it" campaign, can you please keep it to the thread you already started on the subject.
    Spracket likes this.
  3. Rooly

Rooly New Cupcake

As said, the poll (like most on this site) is flawed. Firstly, casual vs hardcore is not just black and white and secondly, what people define as casual and hardcore differs vastly.

I have always seen hardcore as those guilds which challenge HM content and raid 5-7 times per week. So, hardcore in the sense that they spend far more time raiding and although they are likely to be of a good skill level have the ability to get bosses down by sheer persistence.

I have always thought of myself as semi-hardcore as I tend to join guilds which have a high quality of player but raid only 3-4 times per week due to RL commitments. Remaining ahead of the curve but not challenging for any server firsts etc.

Whether or not I am pigeon holed as casual, semi-hardcore, hardcore I don't really care but I don't find any of the options applicable to me given my definitions.
  4. Merganser

Merganser New Cupcake

Just because its useless as a statistical tool doesn't mean its pointless. The OP likely just started it out of interest and curiosity, or to initiate discussion. In which it has been very successful.

TuxedoMask made the poll, so you should stick to his personal definition of the terms used by it. (Whether the ones in the poll itself, or after they are redefined in the thread.) The big issue is going to be those people who answered the poll before they read the thread and discovered the definitions were different than the usual ones.

However that only affects the factual result of the poll. As long as its not going to be used to try to prove anything or referred to as fact later it has performed its purpose of stimulating discussion and possibly indicating how some of the forum-users view themselves and others.
  5. Sapien

Sapien Cupcake-About-Town

If i am looking at the "casual" crowd that WoW have i am so F-ing "hardcore"
    ..But i acctually se myself as an "casual" ...Make sens? :p ..Its all a big blurr thouse days.:confused:
  6. Dargenus

Dargenus Cupcake-About-Town

I'm casual hardcore.

Seriously, I've been called both.

I generally perceive myself as casual, because I have limited time and I dislike to min-max. But casual these days also seems to mean people who need to be instantly teleported to dungeons and quests and what not, or people who want dungeons to be super easy, where you don't have to mark or use CC (if we take WoW), which isn't me. I like farming for rare drops, quests to kill 30 things, walking everywhere on foot, and prefer to turn off quest help (although I am a fan of databases). I'd rather play a challenging game for a long time, making slow progress, than progress in a really easy game. If my group doesn't wipe on a dungeon a few times, the dungeon is too easy.
    Sapien likes this.
  7. WavE

WavE Cupcake-About-Town

sigh i wish i could pick hardcore pvp and pve but there was no option ;_;

guess you win out again pvp poll...
  8. MacHaggis

MacHaggis Cupcake

Whenever someone calls himself 'hardcore', I image some 18 year old self-entitled basement nerd. Usually they act like one too :p
  9. Spracket

Spracket Cupcake-About-Town

Yeah, usually I'll replace the term with "dedicated" when I have to. It has a more positive connotation for both sides of the fence. Also, it makes a bit more sense in my opinion.
    Dargenus likes this.
  10. King Radinov

King Radinov Cupcake

Definitely casual, especially since I usually start around 7am EST.
  11. Afropenguinn

Afropenguinn New Cupcake

I am a filthy casual. I dip a bit into everything but never fully focus on anything.
    King Radinov likes this.