1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Area Control/Denial Classes

Discussion in 'WildStar Classes & Paths' started by ruff_ethereal, Feb 24, 2013.

1. Noa

Noa Cupcake

Reminds me of the time in SWTOR, where basically everyone had both soft and hard forms of CC, not that many thankfully, but it became a problem in PvP if they could lock you down for a good minute solid. I believe if they handle it wisely, like making the CC attacks/moves have a longer cooldown or something along those lines?
  2. JarNod

JarNod WildStar Haiku Winner 2012 / Lead Guinea Pig

Nah... the worst part about SWTOR PvP was the damn Sorcs who would sit in the rafter in huttball knocking my poor little Scoundrel down into the pits AGAIN. Then I had to run all the way around until I could find a ladder... :(
  3. haggeragge90

haggeragge90 New Cupcake

I dont think they need all that much cc considering the dodging system. From ive seen and as i picture it in my head you will be able to pull the most amazing moves with that system. Especially as a melee class although im a bit worried for if theres arena. I dont mean arena in themselves, i loved arena in wow. I played very seriously and reached very high ratings and was among the best in eu but i feel the whole thing wiht being able to dodge so fast and so easily. I mean someone will just be able to run away from you if you know what i mean. Im hoping dodging takes away stamina like sprinting or something. So you can only dodge few times and you will have to use that stamina well and if you dont jump around for a while or cc the enemy so you dont have to dodge you will be able to regen stamina to use for more dodges. I believe that would be the best system and if they had that they wouldnt need so many cc's cause a cc in themselves would be having good synergy with ur attacks and forcing the enemy to dodge and as soon as they are out of stamina you can just gang him if you know what i mean. So you will be awarded for playing smart both with ur ability combination and ur dodging system.

P.S Please reply to this cause i really wanna hear what you think about this idea i had.
  4. Patrician

Patrician "That" Cupcake

I think I may have "dodged" past your idea, as I didn't quite catch it. Do you mean reward for playing well like dodging attacks? Those exist, you get XP bonuses for dodging well once a fight is over.

Dodging also seems to have its own resource bar, like GW2, Neverwinter, and the Monk roll in WoW.
    Ender likes this.
  5. haggeragge90

haggeragge90 New Cupcake

Oh there already is a system to limit dodging? Oh well then thats even better lol. That they think of that is a good sign that they are very good developers and really think of every aspect of every system they implent. Well done! :)
  6. Karl Pedder

Karl Pedder Cupcake-About-Town

Thankyou I rarely have the oppertunity to literally lol from something on a forum.
    Patrician likes this.