1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Argh!? Spellslinger or Esper?

Discussion in 'WildStar Classes & Paths' started by Vyril, Nov 20, 2013.

1. Vyril

Vyril Cupcake-About-Town

2. Enlil

Enlil Cupcake

3. Vyril

Vyril Cupcake-About-Town

LoL because I really only play 1 character for a year or 2 before i create alts.

I love the fact that ESPers have huge burst. But I love the mobility of Spellslingers.
  4. Enlil

Enlil Cupcake

Well, you could try both them out for a bit, just to see which you'd prefer in the long run. I'm sure we'll get more sweet Spellslinger details during the stream on Saturday,
  5. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

MEDIC!!!!!
    firebyte likes this.
  6. Tiiria

Tiiria Cupcake

OH MY GOD I'M MADE OF DERP. Your post there just made me realize espers are called espers because ESP. Don't I feel silly.
    Yinello and Enlil like this.
  7. Vyril

Vyril Cupcake-About-Town

You know, I've really contemplated the Medic, but I think I know the gameplay (wink) and not sure if it's going to fit my play style.

I like the burst mage types. Which I know is closer to the ESPer than the Spellslinger. Though the Spellslinger has REALLY good mobility.
  8. Vyril

Vyril Cupcake-About-Town

I don't know if you watch any anime. But ESPers are pretty common in their stories. Hence why I write it that way.
  9. Tiiria

Tiiria Cupcake

I watch some anime. I've yet to have seen one with an ESPer, though. FMA, Death Note, and a small variety of other random ones on Netflix like Gunslinger Girl and High School of the Dead. Also Studio Ghibli movies are awesome.
  10. Packetdancer

Packetdancer Addon Cupcake

Spellslinger, obviously.

My opinion is completely unbiased; please ignore my signature image for the duration of this post. ;)
    Azhdaha and kaimarshall like this.
  11. Vyril

Vyril Cupcake-About-Town

What made you want to play the Spellslinger over the ESPer?
  12. Tiiria

Tiiria Cupcake

More on-topic post now: From the info we have now, I think spellslinger would be more fun to play heals and esper more fun to play dps. Because the attack animations for esper look so dang awesome, but their heals look pretty normal, and the spellslinger attacks look like just shooting people (boring), but the heals are shooting ALLIES. The gameplay style for spellslinger heals looks more fun than esper heals. But, ofc, this is judging off the short spellslinger devspeak. You've got plenty of time to make your decision and we'll find out more later today, and then Saturday when they do their stream. :D
  13. Packetdancer

My stock, slightly flippant reply is "Because TELEPORTING GUNMAGE, guys!" And, flippant aspect aside, that's a non-trivial amount of why I love the 'slinger so much; there's a lot of personality to the class, and it fits with the character I wanted to play.

In large part, I love the interesting tricks that the teleportation mechanics introduce (both combat and non-combat), and I love the mobility of the class. In general, for whatever reason, Spellslinger seems to suit my play-style best.

But really, a lot of it still comes down to "TELEPORTING GUNMAGE, guys!"
    JackyVee, kaimarshall and CptElendi like this.
  14. JoeDragon

JoeDragon Cupcake-About-Town

I'm pretty much planning on trying all the classes at this point. There is a lot I like about all the classes.

Warriors with their awesome swords and sweet arm blasters/saw. Not to mention the "Get over here!" laser whip. Pretty much love the brawler aspects of them.

Espers, I love the weapon and the minions they summon. Also, Nyantalope. Need I say more?

Spellslingers, the token Space Cowboy/Mage. Run and gun, teleports. I can see myself being a really slippery annoyance in PvP.

Stalkers. I love the idea of being a combination of Wolverine and the Predator. I really think I would enjoy sneaking up on people in the open world. Waiting for the moment to strike, right when they think they are safest.

However, if the Engineer is indeed coming, and it's the heavy armor wearing, piston shouldered silhouette on the class overview page. I think I would really enjoy playing a character like that, especially since engineering gadgets really interest me. Of course GW2 seriously disappointed me on that front.

As for the other one, I can only imagine what that one is like. Hard choices like this have never been my strong suit. I earned the nickname "Joe Fickle" in another game for constantly rerolling, lol.
    Mahanaxar and BLAPPiN like this.
  15. Lsya

Lsya Cupcake-About-Town

Whenever I start a new game, I try multiple classes to see which I'm really interested in. At least get them through any tutorial. Then I'll stick with a main one.

It's surprising how many times I've ended up with something other than I originally thought I wanted to play after trying them out.

So I recommend trying them both and then choosing which one you want to keep.
    Drarorm, Habanero and Huffle Puff like this.
  16. Vyril

Vyril Cupcake-About-Town

I respect that. My problem is I'm the opposite normally I know at first sight. Which initially was the Spellslinger because I thought he was the mage burst. But after the ESPer info looks like he's the Burst with his PSI-Points.

I'm also one of those players that create their first char at zero hour and name him once with my character name and never look back.

Unless we have a OPEN beta or i get in CLOSED. I'm in trouble :eek:
  17. Enlil

Enlil Cupcake

Well, you're in luck. They are planning an open beta,

[​IMG]
  18. Mordakai

Mordakai Cupcake

Man, Spellslinger literally blew away the Esper IMO.

Even in the livestream they said Esper was more channeling, and Spellslinger more of a kiter.

I like the idea of unloading, then porting away. Or swap places.

Spellslinger just looks like a more active class to make play, and I love the space western style. Hope we get more stylized classes like this.
  19. Vyril

Vyril Cupcake-About-Town

That's what I find really appealing about the Spellslinger.

I just hope the Burst that the ESPer has is available on the Spellslinger. Usually the trade off is mobility for damage.

If my max crit and burst will equal the ESPer I would be very happy.
  20. Packetdancer

This is a more comprehensible/less-silly form of a lot of what I mean when I flail my arms and go "TELEPORTING GUNMAGE, guys". ;)