1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Arkship 2013 - WSC Community Questions

Discussion in 'Community News' started by Zap-Robo, Jan 30, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ObliviousPrime

ObliviousPrime "That" Cupcake

Form a previous uplink about raid sizes.
  2. arnold

arnold Cupcake-About-Town

1. What is your target audience for the game? PvP/RP/PvE casuals, hardcore? Other?
    2. What seems to be taking the most time and focus to develop so far?
    3. What would you like to focus more on?
    4. How much endgame do you want to launch with? Group content/raids/PvP?
    5. How would you like the flow of character progression at max level to be? This is mostly pertaining to working toward unlocks/skills/items for PvE and PvP progression.
    6. Are we going to want to play multiple characters, or is there going to be LOTS to do on just one? I'm an admitted altoholic, but would love a game to launch with so much to do, alts are put on hold. SWTOR Datacrons, GW2 Jumping Puzzles, etc.
    7. Achievements?
  3. JarNod

JarNod WildStar Haiku Winner 2012 / Lead Guinea Pig

Shady just asked in IRC

4. moneda

moneda Cupcake-About-Town

— Jeremy Gaffney, WildStar Interview: Jeremy Gaffney, Part 1

1. Is that confirmation that we'll be able to hit the level cap without completing any PvE content?

2. Many MMOs that have launched with two factions and that utilize PvP servers tend to have issues with the overpopulation of one faction, so does Carbine plan to regulate the population sizes of the Dominion and the Exiles?
    BrokSamson and Darkspur like this.
  5. Wayoverpowered

Wayoverpowered Cupcake-About-Town

Just seconding these being good questions.... and I'm curious if leveling via PVP is going to be competitive with leveling speed via PVE, on that note.

I'd like to know more about Warplots, especially and how they work on both PVE and PVP servers. I'm also interested in non-instanced PVP plans as well: will there be zones/areas that pvp flag you specifically on pve servers (i.e. pvp "lakes")? Will there be non-instanced PVP areas in general with some reason for being there?

Will we have a pvp rank system, or scoreboards/leaderboards for people's PVP activities (kills, deaths, solo/1on1 battles won, rank, EXP/points earned, objectives/areas/etc. defended, etc. per day/week/month/all-time)? I heard there will be stuff like that for raiding... I'd love to see it for PVP too, ala the Camelot Herald for DAOC.

EDIT to add more! Class questions: Will we see shapeshifting classes? Classes with combat pets? Classes with multiple combat pets/minions? Will stealth be permanent out-of-combat for the stealther class (yay! makes there always be danger in pvp areas and keeps you on your toes even if you don't see danger directly) or is it time-limited with a re-use timer?
  6. Darkspur

Darkspur Cupcake-About-Town

Wildstar Wranglers - There is a separate thread for debate in main forum.

Would be great if there was some way in game to Wrangle creatures, ie: not outright kill but to dominate and then capture. Sure you could say just gut and loot them but some players like the idea of a non violent experience in game and if there was some kind of challenge associated with that it could be fun. No I dont mean everything, cause MetalMaw isnt going to be calmed until he's dead.

But with some species this could be a fun option. Wouldnt want it to get in regular players way so maybe only as an option from the skill tree, if a player has that skill then they have a small timed popup at the creatures zero health to 'Wrangle' the beast. If they choose to do so then the creature becomes a 'wrangled beast' in their home inventory which they could later trade on the auction house or harvest for loot. If they choose not to, then 1 hit point more and the beast is dead and can be looted. This could be a great way to not overpack a personal inventory and bring potential resources, meat hide etc to the auction in the form of livestock trading.

Not sure how in depth the pet options will be in game but certainly adds more potential gameplay and expansion in the future for breeding livestock to make baby usable pets ? Smuggling livestock for PVE missions and gold, heck combined with the housing could even have ranching too with a hook outside for all those critters in a pen or stable ?

EDIT: Thought of more, could be a potential bonus for crafters, like the garden for the housing the corral of creatures could provide crafting materials, egg, milk etc etc etc for food crafters and the like. If baby creatures as pets arnt allowed then just have the corral spit out an amount of hides and meat every XX days. Heck could even go technical and have wrangled animals assigned a % for quality so the player could build up a maximum producing corral by switching out animals and sending them to auction.
  7. NexusPetopia

NexusPetopia New Cupcake

Just have a few question
    1. Just wondering if they will have a form of Fishing at launch.
    2. Are there plans for any type of Pet System
    BrokSamson and Darkspur like this.
  8. Sketch

Sketch New Cupcake

What kinda of stuff can we add to our houses ?
    What is the purpose of the house idea?
    What role will houses play in the world? Will there be special place for houses. How will the house building process work will it cost a lot of resources/ in game currency ?

Hope you guys will have fun over there and give us alot of tasty answers when you return :D!
  9. Clowne

Clowne Cupcake

Lurch, the vibrant but simple cartoon style is not just for World of Warcraft. It's not necessarily trying to get WoW players, either, so I must ask that you remove that stick, sir. Look at Team Fortress 2 and Torchlight, they have similar cartoon styles.

Anyway, I merely have one question:
    Can we turn on some sort of crosshair for selecting targets and placing AoEs instead of having to hold down right click all the time? It would be an option, and I think this would create a happy compromise between traditional MMO players and action-MMO players. I'm sure Carbine would be smart enough to think of it beforehand, but I would like to verify that. If they don't do at, the modders will (like what happened with GW2).
    Darkspur and Wreck like this.
  10. Zap-Robo

Zap-Robo Administrator • King Cupcake

<Mod Hat> Guys, can we keep this thread to questions for Arkship only and take the discussion to another forum? Any post not posing a question for Carbine will be deleted to keep this thread on track. Thanks! </Mod Hat>
    patrick likes this.
  11. chichakman

chichakman New Cupcake

Carbine,

As a casual gamer and a relatively inexperienced MMO gamer, what steps will you take to ensure that gamers like me are just as comfortable jumping into Wildstar as any other MMO gamer?

You mentioned in your blog post that you were planning on involving the community in the creation of the game. In what ways? Will we be providing feedback, or will our input be a little deeper than that? If you are planning on implementing community suggestions into the game, what steps will you take to make sure that the input does not overwhelm you, assuming that you achieve a large community behind the game?

How do you plan on balancing your content? Are you planning on using the same format as WoW where you release an enormous amount of content at the start, or will the community be involved in unlocking new areas? (I know that this is exactly the same plan as Firefall, but it does seem like a more viable plan if your company is not large enough to release large content packs on a consistent basis.)

Are you planning on having an emotionless and generic overarching story, or are you planning on making it deeper than the average MMO? (No offence to anyone that really likes a particular MMO storyline)
    Darkspur likes this.
  12. SiegaPlays

SiegaPlays "That" Cupcake

Got another question, hope noone else posted it before :p

The key seems to be "having a lot to do as a player of Wildstar". However, does this mean that other features/areas of the game have a visible progression independent from adventuring level.

Can we be a level 1 maxed out crafter? Or are all possible character developement paths intertwined with the adventuring level.
  13. BrokSamson

BrokSamson Cupcake-About-Town

How do you plan to differentiate yourselves from WoW? I ask this do to the fact that you are aiming to be the biggest mmo on the market, and the large amount of talent that works on Wildstar that came from WoW. That coupled with the similar art styles.

If someone asked you why they should leave WoW to play Wildstar, what would you say?

Will the dungeons have any scalability for different size groups? Will those group sizes ever be less than 5?

What options do you have for 2 player grouping?

Will every class have the ability to be any of the 3 roles? ie dps, tank, healer?

Will there be a wardrobe system? Dying system?

Will there be a permissions system for housing like UO had? ie can I grant access to my house and lockout those I want to

Will there be rare items for housing system? ie will I be really escited to find a wardrobe that gives me a bunch of extra storage for my house

Is housing mobile? Will it be like UO where certain spots were coveted for being near good mining?

and Finally, can I attack someone elses house? :)
    Wayoverpowered and Darkspur like this.
  14. Inferiae

Inferiae Cupcake

How will we travel around the world, can we expect ships/boats/flight paths?
  15. patrick

patrick New Cupcake

i would like to know more about mounts and how there are going to work and for the pre order (if there is one) what will be some of the delux specal like wow where u got the map and the hand book type stuff !!!!!!
  16. Feliun

Feliun Cupcake

Is housing instanced? and exactly how are the house battle zones going to work!
    BrokSamson likes this.
  17. BrokSamson

BrokSamson Cupcake-About-Town

After reading a few posts I started going back to UO days..

1. Can you tame anything in the game? If so any chance that you could use them as part of the housing...like a guard rock monster?
    Feliun likes this.
  18. Cinnamin

Cinnamin New Cupcake

How are the monster hitboxes? Do monsters get knocked back or stunned upon being striked?
    How in-depth is the character customization?
    BrokSamson likes this.
  19. Dragnog

Dragnog Cupcake-About-Town

Ok, just a couple of questions:

1. Humor is not necessarily the same the world over, what challenges so far have you come across with this?
    2. From previous games that you have worked on what is the largest thing that you have learnt and then implemented into Wildstar?
  20. Patrician

Patrician "That" Cupcake

1.) Are classes limited to certain gear looks and weapons like Warhammer? Or will there be a lot of cross-over in outfits, gear, and weapons like in WoW?

2.) Can I wear anything I find in game? Or is it restricted to Path or Class? Or perhaps "heavy, light, medium" restrictions based on class as we've seen before?

3.) How many cities are you planning to have in game at launch? Just one for each faction? How big are they?

4.) What roleplay options are you offering players at launch? Can you sit in chairs? Are there chat bubbles? (EDIT: Yes, chat bubbles are in, no need to ask, YAY!) Custom channels? Emotes? Free emotes with a /em or /e function? Can you walk?

5.) Is there a dressing room feature in game for previews?

6.) Are dyes in the game? Will any kind of transmutation feature be available at launch to keep a certain look viable through your entire leveling career if you want?

7.) Do you think we're ever going to see any kind of pet class in game?

8.) How often do you think we'll be able to change gear looks in the course of leveling up? Once every 10 levels? 5 times every 10 levels?

9.) Will we get to interact with Dorien Walker's daughter Belle in game?

10.) If the Dominion defeated the Exiles, and the Exiles only managed to escape due to the sacrifice of their leader, who is now in cryogenic stasis... Why are the Dominion not able to run all over them now that they've finally stopped running and have halted on Nexus. Does this have anything to do with the Exile's unannounced 4th race? >.> Has recently discovered Eldan tech kept the Dominion at bay a bit?

11.) Is the Dominion able to stop the signal and take the sky from the Exiles? Or can no power in the 'verse stop that rag-tag alliance?

That's all for now, I think. *cough*
    Kataryna and Kurik Lein like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.