1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Armor restrictions? What's known and unknown?

Discussion in 'WildStar General' started by C1d0s, Oct 15, 2013.

1. C1d0s

C1d0s Cupcake

I tried searching - unsuccessfully, I might add - for some solid confirmation on whether or not we'll be able to interchange armor types ( Heavy, Medium, Light ) based on class. For instance, can a Warrior, who wears Heavy Armor, also wear anything below that for, uh, <REDACTED>s and giggles or RP purposes?

Forgive my ignorance on this subject, this is something I know very little about when it comes to Wildstar. If there's a list of comprehensive restrictions on weapons / armor, can anyone point me in the right direction? As far as I'm aware, not much has been said.
    Kash and Tribe like this.
  2. CaptainYoul

CaptainYoul Cupcake-About-Town

my guess is: warrior will be able to wear all kind of gear (light,med,heavy) but will only really benefit from the Heavy
  3. C1d0s

C1d0s Cupcake

This is my hope. It's beneficial for RPers and outfit min-maxers alike. I know that there are plenty of games that disallow this however, which makes me yearn for a solid answer one way or the other. More so, I'm curious as to whether or not weapons will function in the same way. Can I use claw blades as a warrior and have them be ridiculously ineffective, or am I even allowed to equip them?
  4. Vermana

Vermana Cupcake-About-Town

I'm not sure, but I think your woes will be fulfilled anyway.

Carbine has said that there will be costumes and vanity gear, so, even if Heavy classes can only wear Heavy armor, they can still wear costumes that appear light, for RP and appearance purposes.
  5. CaptainYoul

CaptainYoul Cupcake-About-Town

im 99,999999% sure you cant equip another class weapon
    Kataryna and Xlugon Pyro like this.
  6. Xlugon Pyro

Xlugon Pyro Super Cupcake

Make that 100% sir.
    Kataryna likes this.
  7. Kataryna

Kataryna Super Cupcake

Warriors being able to wear Heavy,Medium,Light while Esper could only wear Light is just BS and annoying - keep the Heavy to the heavy classes and light to the light classes, etc. Only way this will change is if they allow you to put a type of armor you cannot wear into your costume slot.

Also - as the others have said - it's one weapon per class it's 100% that you cannot even equip another classes weapons - they might add weapons to classes eventually months down the line, when they have the time/resources to animate each individual ability for the new weapons, but not at the beginning.
    Roda, Lokken and Extatica like this.
  8. Karly

Karly New Cupcake

Everyone already hit the nail on the head, but yeah the Weapon is the real limited option!
  9. Ianpact

Ianpact Cupcake-About-Town

Ico likes this.
  10. CaRaDaGaiTa

CaRaDaGaiTa Cupcake-About-Town

Warriors start with medium and upgrade to heavy, probably you can use everything!
  11. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

False: (most likely, i'm 99% sure)

I don't know where, but I think they have stated that armours don't upgrade anymore.

So warrior begin with heavy armour etc. etc. no upgrading armour types anymore :p
    The link is nice, but contains false info.
    Only look at the last name (the most heavy armours for each class), since it was stated the armours won't upgrade anymore.
    Destrin, Ianpact and Kataryna like this.
  12. Treur

Treur New Cupcake

Really agree with Kat lets keep armor class restricted. Same as i always hated when games made skins and stuff to make you able to change apperence of your gear to make it look way more impressive than i really is.. then are are getting to the point where we give players things they didnt really deserve, and that is one of the thinks i belive destroyed the most mmos ever!
  13. FairyTailisBack

FairyTailisBack Cupcake-About-Town

How would it be annoying? The cosmetic festival getup would just be light armor so everyone could wear it.

Its not like the warrior has 3 viable options.
  14. Nicodemus

Nicodemus Well-Known Cupcake

Yea so if I wanna role play as a Spellslinger (but am really a Warrior) I can. However if I want to RP as a Tank but in reality I'm a Spellslinger. I would not be able to wear the heavy stuff, Not terribly fair.

Unless they have a cosmetic layer which ignores Restrictions all together.
    Roda likes this.
  15. FairyTailisBack

Who cares about that?
    You can't equip the weapons anyways.
  16. Nicodemus

Some people care, I really like the idea of a spellslinger and the pistols, and thus will play one as my main. however I really like the look of heavy armor. Even if I can't fight in the heavy armor. its fun to dress up for RPing. My main point is it's a sliding scale of fairness.

Some people value weapon aesthetics over armor, other value armor over weapons.
  17. Ico

Ico Moderator • WSC's Gentle Flower

Can I be a 50/50 guy? I mean everyone wants to look good, you don't want to be stood there with a kickass sword but wearing the visual equivalent of a potato sack :p.
    Nicodemus likes this.
  18. Nicodemus

Nope this is the internet everything needs to be at an Extreme.

Extreme Pixel Dancing
    [​IMG]
    Note : Cloth Armor for the Win!
    CaptainYoul and Xlugon Pyro like this.
  19. FairyTailisBack

Wanting to roleplay a Spellslinger as a Warrior is asking for far too much imo.
  20. Nicodemus

While I agree with you, it was more of a proof of concept for the idea that Warrior can wear Heavy, Medium, an Light is unfair compaired to a light armored class only wearing light armor.