1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Armor restrictions? What's known and unknown?

Discussion in 'WildStar General' started by C1d0s, Oct 15, 2013.

1. nra

nra Cupcake

I am simply going to jump in on the topic "I look at gear to determine class".

I personally know that I am up against a mage because I am getting a frostball in my ass, or
    because my UI shows me a blue healthbar.
    Addons, unique weapons and unique spells will tell you more than enough.

I embrace this feature.

Also, we have know idea if there will actually be such a gap between the looks of "light" and "heavy" armor.
    Leiloni and Roda like this.
  2. nra

nra Cupcake

http://www.wildstar-central.com/ind...like-guild-wars-2-did.6480/page-4#post-162265
  3. oppi26

oppi26 Cupcake

4. nra

nra Cupcake

I actually meant to use my previous post as a comment to your post, not to direct you to that thread.

Many threads on these forums interconnect and go "off-topic".
    I am generally never against that.
    oppi26 likes this.
  5. oppi26

oppi26 Cupcake

HAHA! My bad. Sorry. It's happened before that I just kinda gut reaction that someone is just directing the topic to a thread more related to the conversation. But as I said there to, I agree with what you said. Item drops are all about communication. It's an MMO, just like the real world, talking tends to fix a lot.
  6. Bnol

Bnol Cupcake-About-Town

It isn't to determine class (not sure why everyone keeps bringing class up), as unique weapons do that. It is used to determine role (primarily healer or dps) and gear level. I have already stated, that if the gear for each role is the same model and color, then this is less of an issue, but you still have the gear level that will only be an estimation based on HP values, which could be a rough estimation depending on the differences between the PVP tiers, between PVE and PVP gear, and available talents.

As far as we know, the costume feature is turned off for PVP (http://wildstar-central.com/index.p...ant-transmogrification.3671/page-4#post-83208), so I am arguing to keep it off as I value information, even a small amount, over cosmetics.
    oppi26 likes this.
  7. Zyfreit

Zyfreit Cupcake

Kind of disappointed about the removal of chipping gear. I thought the CBC for modification was amazing: using a power supply on a circuit board to power chips whose placement determined the exact output of stats was exciting and while not exactly straight forward to the new player, gave some depth to a otherwise RNG or predetermined stat system. It looked simple enough to use, but complex enough to take some time to master, and gave a lot of flexibilty to stat how you wanted. Assuming there ends up being no "cookie cutter you must have exactly these stats to be a god" I had high hopes.

I am hoping they developed something even better, but will be very disappointed with a non mod-able RNG stat generated loot system.

Crafting on the other hand I think the this system would translate very well too. Using better power supplies, chips, etc to produce superior versions of the basic items with some RNG flex and direct player control of outputs. So...more details please!