1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Armour Weight and Stats

Discussion in 'WildStar Classes & Paths' started by NabeShogun, Nov 9, 2013.

1. Vermana

Vermana Cupcake-About-Town

But I'm assuming all Heavy Armor classes have a way to offset this, as said in the Livestream - "Warriors can reduce their mitigation in order to increase their Assault Power"

What about *cough*Engineers, I mean, the <Redacted> second Heavy Armor Class? Will Engi-*Hng*-"Redacted", have a method to increase damage at the cost of armor, in case some of us want to be Glass-cannon snipers?~
  2. Infamouz

Infamouz Well-Known Cupcake

[​IMG]

Picked that up from the live stream, I think you can somewhat safely say Engineer. :p
  3. Vermana

Vermana Cupcake-About-Town

I've known it was Engineer forever, I'm just making a joke.
  4. Infamouz

Infamouz Well-Known Cupcake

As am I.
  5. Isgu

Isgu Cupcake-About-Town

They are just trolling us with the little "accidental" slips :)
  6. Xlugon Pyro

Xlugon Pyro Super Cupcake

They strip tease us a lot. Carbine is a whorehouse at heart.
  7. Isgu

Isgu Cupcake-About-Town

Well they know this kind of stuff gets leaked so why not have some fun with it? :D
    Xlugon Pyro likes this.
  8. Katu_Kath

Katu_Kath Robot Cupcake

I know it may sound fanboyish of me, but I'm gonna just trust Carbine on this one, I seriously doubt that they would be willing to completely redesign a questing system and their ability tiering/amp system based on the fact that we didn't like it to turn around and just say "yeah, the heavier the armor you wear, the less damage you will be able to do, deal with it."

If, in the winter beta, it does turn out to be an issue, I trust that they will fix it. But that means we need to actually be testing the game when winter beta starts, not just getting into the beta so we can play it early.
    Ianpact likes this.
  9. Xlugon Pyro

Xlugon Pyro Super Cupcake

Judging by everything I've heard about beta testers up until now, I have confidence that the testers will actually do what they're supposed to do. :)
  10. NabeShogun

NabeShogun Cupcake

Although we won't really know unless there's the scope for a lot of people to get to cap and start min/maxing with raid gear ... which I can't see happening...

(and I'm actually wondering how they'll do their raid testing, gaffney already said it's only of so much use getting in a raid guild giving them all max level characters and seeing what they can do, it's not the same as people playing with toons they've spent a long time leveling up and learning to play ... so I'm sort of wondering if they'll do some sort of level boost or 10xp rates thing or something so a bunch of people will get to cap and be able to start testing the raids out ... )

But I trust Carbine, so I'm sure it's all good ...