1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Art Art by Artificer: Wildstar inspired Concept Art

Discussion in 'WildStar Fan Creations' started by Artificer, Oct 10, 2013.

1. Artificer

Artificer Cupcake-About-Town

Howdy cupcakes ;) Recently found WSC and felt compelled to become part of the community. What better way then to share my Wildstar inspired concept art? I will surely be doing some fanart, but in the process of building up my portfolio for the game industry, I have decided to conceptualize various things that we might see in a world like Nexus. I look forward to meeting new faces around here and hope you'll enjoy some art while we wait. Cheers!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Raid Boss concept...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

WIP
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]
  2. Tribe

Tribe Well-Known Cupcake

Welcome to WSC (WildStar Central). Here is a link to the Personal Introductions Forum. You are not required to post there but it is a good way to meet some of our friendliest members. Tell Kat I said hi.

Nice avatar, did you make it? Thank you for sharing your work, I look forward to seeing your future creations. We often see raid bosses that are gigantic in size. I challenge you to create a raid boss that that is player character sized or smaller, while still looking the part of a boss.
  3. Dysp

Dysp Cupcake-About-Town

Nice concept! Did you have a name for it? It's definitely a unique design. I can't say that I've seen something like that before. So the raid boss has a quest you can turn in to him/her/it, and the little guy has a new quest? Does he aggro after you turn in the quest? :D

I really like that cannon arm and its rendering. The boss's left shoulder guard though looks a little out of place to me, just because it follows a different design with its flat, not rounded-smooth, edges and layering. It's just my preference, but still this is a great looking character.
  4. Xlugon Pyro

Xlugon Pyro Super Cupcake

Hi Squidward!
    Artificer likes this.
  5. Artificer

Cool, thanks for the info! I will have to go formally introduce myself ;)

As per the smaller raid boss...challenge accepted!

Oh, and yes..I drew up the image for my avatar a while ago but tossed it aside until now.
  6. Artificer

Thank you for the feedback Dysp. I would have to say I agree with you. Love me some constructive criticism! ;)

LOL I should have known the question mark and exclamation point would be taken out of context. It was meant to say, omg I am standing in front of a giant raid boss, and wow, look at this tiny unauthorized life form in front of me...should I activate death cannons? Affirmative.
    Tribe likes this.
  7. ruff_ethereal

ruff_ethereal Well-Known Cupcake

Detached limbs, octopus tentacles, an overabundance of pink and purple... an artist after my own heart, you are.

Excellent work! This looks fantastic and I wouldn't be surprised if this were some sort of "Squirg Prime" boss, a horrific idea built by the Chua that even they couldn't control--or, at least, for the 10 minutes or so it took for them to contain it inside the research facility.
    Artificer likes this.
  8. Artificer

Awesome stuff Ruff! I love it man.
  9. Kiyo

Kiyo Cupcake

Very cool, I love the style and the dots on the tentacles are my favourite part.
  10. Prof. Walrus

Prof. Walrus Cupcake

Wow great art! I'm following you!
    His 'magnetic' legs remind me a lot of Monsoon from MGR:R ( )
  11. Artificer

Next up...Metal Maws distant cousin...and he comes with new exciting flavors!

[​IMG]
  12. SisterSin

SisterSin Cupcake

* steps out of crazy Draken mode*

Wow, Mighty fine stuff there dude!

*Draken mode engaged*
    Artificer likes this.
  13. ruff_ethereal

Hooray genetically engineered horrors! I love the pretty colours and schemes, plus the front hoof bracers, and the two vials on their left front hoof. Very mysterious.

The bubbles on their back interest me most. Are they fluid sacs? Are they scales? They're so pretty, do they hide some sort of deadly secret when I try to study it?

I love the cow-like vibe they have. Bovines are a soft spot for me.

Excellent grin. I love it when monsters smile like that; reminds me a lot of CarBot's StarCrafts Zerg.
  14. Artificer

Thanks so much! Keep checkin up, I'll keep it coming :)
  15. Artificer

Haha, you crack me up! Yeah it started out as just a plain old space cow. Then it sort of transitioned into a sort of science experiment. I'll leave the interpretation to you though on what these features mean ;) I'm interested in what you can conjure up.
  16. ruff_ethereal

Quest Line -- Bad Cow Syndrome

"And this is why you don't let Chua breed livestock! In their attempts to better adapt our (insert Nexian Cow Name here) to the acrid, incendiary, and ironically fertile environment of (insert Volcanic Eden Name here), they've created deadly super cows! The buggers are killing our farmers and destroying everything just for their own twisted amusement!

"We need you to put them down, and find a way to stop this madness! You can start off by taking samples of those weird, bubble-like growths on their backs; there's been some reports that they've been doing more than just eating the local flora..."

I assume that, with the extensive genetic engineering, the mutant cows have started consuming the acidic moss, fire melons, and lightning reeds around the area, and that the bubbles are filled with some sort of naturally produced, elemental goop.
    Artificer likes this.
  17. Artificer

Oh man......Absolutely killer! A+ Great writing skills. It's got that Wildstar flavor!
  18. CRB_PChan

CRB_PChan Carbine Studios

It's called a <redacted>.

A <redacted>.

wtf...

Seriously? <redacted> <redacted> <redacted>!

:mad:

This thing is automatically redacting whenever I say <redacted>.

Nuts.

PChan out.
    gabers1, Kataryna, Zinn and 3 others like this.
  19. Ianpact

Ianpact Cupcake-About-Town

Look like good candidates for mounts to me. How about some armored versions? We'll need tank armor, dps armor, high jump armor and speed running armor concepts. ;)

And maybe some flight armor.........:roflamo:
    Artificer likes this.
  20. ruff_ethereal

You're making me blush. Thank you.
    Artificer likes this.