1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Aurin players are not Furries: Heres proof.

Discussion in 'WildStar Races' started by Cyclops08, Feb 16, 2014.

1. t209

t209 Cupcake

Ummm, so does anybody want to explain the green giant aurin hulk in various groves? Are they Aurins who volunteered into being giants (Now I am picturing a group of Dominion soldiers running away in fear when they first met this "thing"). I saw it with my own eyes as a Cassian Engineer at Deradune.
  2. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

I don't wanna spoil it, but when you do some quests as an exile you get to know what they are.
    1 thing, they are NOT mutated aurin :coffee: they have something alike the frost giants, don't you think?

But again they are NOT aurin.
    Kataryna likes this.
  3. Bloodclott

Bloodclott Cupcake

Spoiler: You actually are not to far from the truth. Those things are called Guardians and they protect all of the forests that appear on Nexus. They killed a entire soldier brigade of Dominion that were attempting to deforest Celestion (There is a cutscene where they invade a dominion stronghold and kill tons of Draken, Chua, and Mechari soldiers while you ride on ones back, fyi this was Redleaf's plan to call them upon the dominion ), science logs also say that apparently they are carnivorous and are adaptable (so for some added horror, think about what they did to the bodies or the remaining soldiers that ran into the woods. And even if the soldiers did survive they likely were to be killed by Giant Snails, Stemdragons, moodies, or the random Guardians in the woods)

If anything the only reason why you see them on Aurin's (and the Exile's side then as well) side is because of what the Dominion does to the Forests that the Aurin attempt to cultivate in the first place.

There is some infected ones in Grimvault, take that how you will....
  4. Noximilien Coxen

Noximilien Coxen New Cupcake

Just because they fall under the 10% doesnt mean im not gonna hunt down you furry scum.

bias aside, do people really get annoyed when they get called furries as an aurin? i understand they arent really furries but i needed a primary race to hunt in world PvP.
  5. t209

t209 Cupcake

I think you meant this guy (sorry about the quality since I took it with my phone and don't want to destroy my screenshot of Luminai, which is gone now).
    [​IMG]
  6. Bloodclott

Bloodclott Cupcake

Yes, that is a guardian not a mutated aurin. They are definite Allies to the Aurin though as they are also protectors of the forests.

Infact the only hostile ones (To everyone, not just the Dommies) that I've seen are modified Eldan Experiments, those huge ones in Wilderunn, and Grimvault's Strain infected ones
  7. t209

t209 Cupcake

To be fair, they look like hulked out aurins.
  8. filanwizard

filanwizard Cupcake-About-Town

its possible that they do not have a default form. And seeing the Aurin had a similar protect the forest motive they took on their best imitation of the aurin form.

That or forest dwellers just always have pointy ears.
  9. Domi Dayglow

Domi Dayglow Super Cupcake

I like this idea the most. It was so much fun to watch the guardians squash the chua with impunity. The chua were like "Pew! Pew! I have a gun! I'll stop you! Pew! Pew!" right before the guardian just stepped on them.
  10. Chris StarShade

Chris StarShade New Cupcake

Anyone who sides with the chua doesn't have the right to call aurin furry anything. :p
    Xlugon Pyro likes this.
  11. Noximilien Coxen

Noximilien Coxen New Cupcake

who said i side with them? if we didnt need them i would attack them too.
  12. Niliana

Niliana Cupcake

I personally don't think anything is furry in this game. Carbine's done a wonderful job with making them look more alien than furry. :)
  13. Chris StarShade

Chris StarShade New Cupcake

"Furry" is a loaded term anyway and means different things to different people. Draken could be furry to some people. That is how vague it is. heh...
  14. Bloodclott

Bloodclott Cupcake

They were actually theorized to be formed after the Eldan started experimenting on Nexus with Primal Life, they might actually resemble the Eldan to a certain degree (The Luminai also look elfish). And considering how there is large Strain infected ones in Grimvault....

One thing I will point out is they are Carnivores. So that dominion brigade in Celestion is out of luck (These guys, giant snails, stemdragons, and pumeras all reside in the forest so....) and was likely hunted and eaten...
  15. Xlugon Pyro

Xlugon Pyro Super Cupcake

Well it depends.

A furry? Anything that in any way has some semblance of animal characteristics can be defined as "furry". At least according to the internet.

But furry? Yes, aurin are most definitely furry, even if it's just tails 'n ears.
  16. Domi Dayglow

Domi Dayglow Super Cupcake

Aurins are Fluffy.

Chua are Furry.
  17. Dirty Outlaw

Dirty Outlaw Cupcake-About-Town

I thought Gabriel Iglesias is fluffy
  18. Bloodclott

Bloodclott Cupcake

That makes the Chua ''fluffy'' then
  19. Nephrium

Nephrium New Cupcake

Sorry, saw something about the whole neko and kemonomimi thing.... Actually, Kemonomimi is a general term for any animal eared human. In most cases, if you take the japanese word for the animal, and put mimi after you have the slightly more pin pointed term for them. Though, cat eared people have two designations, Nekomimi, or Nekomata. Nekomimi- Just a mortal creature with cat ears and tail. Nekomata- Cat eared and tailed demon.

Yes, there are probably also other terms, such as that bake thing someone said... But yeah... XD I love manga and japanese culture too much XD

Also, I apologize for bringing something up from the beginning of this post... Just couldn't resist, sorry.
  20. Bloodclott

Bloodclott Cupcake

You have a good point though for the Aurin, they are most certainly by definition not a furry and are inspired by by nekos as you said (which I believe has already been referenced in this thread anyway).

As said before, Chua are furries by definition. Just with homicidal psychopathic tendencies