1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Aurins

Discussion in 'WildStar Races' started by SiegaPlays, Aug 10, 2012.

?

How do the presence of aurins ("bunny girls") effect how you look at WildStar?

1. I am male, and I want to play Aurin (bunny).

19.6%
  2. I am male, and I want to play Aurin (other animal presence).

30.4%
  3. I am male, and the presence of bunny people partially turns me off the game.

2.8%
  4. I am female, and I want to play Aurin (bunny).

8.5%
  5. I am female, and I want to play Aurin (other animal presence).

13.9%
  6. I am female, and the presence of bunny people partially turns me off the game.

2.0%
  7. Race options that I would not pick myself is ok, as long as there is other options.

23.0%
  8. Some races I will simply not accept, if the game has then, I am out.

0.6%
  9. I am undecided.

4.3%
  10. I plan on playing every single race in WildStar eventually

24.4%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Drunkatm

Drunkatm New Cupcake

Rabbit stew, boiled bat, possum on a half shell(armadillos for you northerners), they all taste like chicken!!!!! doesnt matter to me if they bunny or anamilistic, they all gona taste the same after i deep fry them!!!!!!!!!!
  2. Dijital KiD

Dijital KiD New Cupcake

Not sure if it's been asked or seen, but will there be a dark skinned option for Aurin and a curly/dreads hair style for them?
    Joukehainen and moneda like this.
  3. Yinello

Yinello Cupcake-About-Town

I'm pretty sure there will be a dark skinned option (wouldn't make sense if they don't) but as for the hair style, I'm not sure. I hope they add plenty of options.
  4. Jersaun Korris

Jersaun Korris Cupcake-About-Town

After a bit of time with the Draken I think I'll create a Aurin male just to see how the race is compared to my first choice. A few of my guild mates are turned off by Wildstar because of the Aurin, but what do they know!?
  5. Konoko

Konoko Cupcake-About-Town

To base your opinion of a game's viability as a valid piece of entertainment solely on a specific Race is quite silly.
  6. FullMetalPizza

FullMetalPizza New Cupcake

I voted for " Some races I will simply not accept, if the game has then, I am out.", but the Aurin aren't part of these races, they don't bother me and they look cool for bunny people.

But, for example, because of the elezen and lalafell I will not play FF XIV, and because of the popori/elins, I will not play Tera. There is some races I love like the mecharis, some races I don't care about like the Aurins, some races I don't like at all like the "chua" and some races I hate like popori/elins/elezen/lalafell and <REDACTED> like that.
  7. Konoko

Konoko Cupcake-About-Town

Seems you have a limited imagination. But if you choose not to play a game because of a specific race.. that is your prerogative. :p
  8. Tiberius

Tiberius Cupcake-About-Town

Just give me a top hat and I'm good!

[​IMG]
  9. Dijital KiD

Dijital KiD New Cupcake

I do hope so! I've seen it like in Tera where there are only dark skin options for one or two races and the rest of the options are between white and tanned white for others. I do hope it's different for Wildstar.
    Joukehainen and moneda like this.
  10. Yinello

While Elin wasn't my only reason for not playing TERA, it certainly was one of the bigger ones. I just couldn't get over the fact that there was this sexualized little girl race.

But I'm totally derailing, sorry. I think we'll definitely see some badass Aurins around!
    ruff_ethereal, Joukehainen and Konoko like this.
  11. Dijital KiD

Dijital KiD New Cupcake

Tera is an amazing game and just an all around beautiful game.
    I love every race and class, there were just things missing that are important to me, but didn't keep me from playing.

Elin are not little girls, there are actual children in the game that look nothing like elin.
    But that's besides the point.
  12. moneda

moneda Cupcake-About-Town

ArcheAge seems to have this problem too, not having any real dark/brown skin options, but both were originally developed in Korea so I'm currently confident in Carbine giving us more options.
  13. Joukehainen

Joukehainen Well-Known Cupcake

That would be great. :)
  14. Yinello

I think it was Allods Online where the human races of both factions couldn't be darker than tan. I was incredibly dissapointed.
  15. Mr_Wayne

Mr_Wayne Cupcake

I think the Aurin are pretty awesome, all the races in this game are creative in my opinion. I just think people need to realize that the bunny ears are not the only ear option so I wouldn't call them bunny people. Just look at the dev speak vid, you get to see a male aurin from the back and he looks more cat like than bunny.
  16. Dredval

Dredval New Cupcake

The only common-sense option is: i'm going to play all races.

Who can say no to a lovely human-raccon-something? (and to a magma-red granok, a diabolic chua, a purple psichotic drakken, etc)

Come all to me freaks of nature!
    Izukar likes this.
  17. Jarinolde

Jarinolde Cupcake-About-Town

Knowing that there's a choice of ears, I'll probably end up playing an Aurin if I play Exile. Still waiting for the final races and classes to be revealed before I make a decision though.

As far as Aurin (and any other video game race) being acceptable, I fully understand and accept that people will take a race like TERA's Elin at face value and can't see beyond that. I myself have read the lore behind the race and understand that its like many other mystical high fantasy races, and that like the other female races (except Amani female it seems) decided to sexualize them for their targeted audience.
  18. Leo Panthera

Leo Panthera New Cupcake

I wish carbine will make a short haircut for the male Aurin. é_è
    Here's a picture of male aurin with short hair from Evion's Deviantart page.
    [​IMG]
    I actually hope for something shorter like shaved hair but it would be really great if male aurin could have short hair *_*
  19. Yinello

I wonder what kinds of tails Aurin have. Currently we've seen they have 1 long monkey-esque tail with fur on it, sometimes decorated with a metal ring or two, but do we also get fox tails? Cat tails? I'm highly curious!
  20. shadowclasper

shadowclasper Cupcake-About-Town

I want racoon tails.
    ruff_ethereal likes this.