1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Aurins

Discussion in 'WildStar Races' started by SiegaPlays, Aug 10, 2012.

?

How do the presence of aurins ("bunny girls") effect how you look at WildStar?

1. I am male, and I want to play Aurin (bunny).

19.6%
  2. I am male, and I want to play Aurin (other animal presence).

30.4%
  3. I am male, and the presence of bunny people partially turns me off the game.

2.8%
  4. I am female, and I want to play Aurin (bunny).

8.5%
  5. I am female, and I want to play Aurin (other animal presence).

13.9%
  6. I am female, and the presence of bunny people partially turns me off the game.

2.0%
  7. Race options that I would not pick myself is ok, as long as there is other options.

23.0%
  8. Some races I will simply not accept, if the game has then, I am out.

0.6%
  9. I am undecided.

4.3%
  10. I plan on playing every single race in WildStar eventually

24.4%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. pikachu

pikachu Cupcake

Male aurin looks cool. I wonder how city guards will look like.
  2. Fate Flyer

Fate Flyer "That" Cupcake

I'm a female and plan on playing an Aurin. I'm just a super big animal lover, and any animal-hybrid races always attract me, because I find them to be really cute. ^_^
    (I'm not into fluffies or fuzzies or furries? Whatever they're called. I don't really get that. I like animal people for a whole different reason. XD)

This may not belong in this thread, but I am very curious -
    Does anyone know if Aurins have to have purple hair/ears/tails?
    That's all I've seen of them, and if that's the case, all Aurins are going to look incredibly similar. I'd personally really love to have a blue-haired Aurin character.

EDIT: Actually, I just found this image showing a male and female Aurin, both with different ears than bunny ears. The male has longer ears that point behind, and the female has tiny cat-like ears...
    http://images.mmorpg.com/features/6908/images/Aurin-WildStar.jpg
    Evion likes this.
  3. Kataryna

Kataryna Super Cupcake

Rotto likes this.
  4. Rotto

Rotto Cupcake

5. Liris

Liris Cupcake-About-Town

I'm female and I like the aurin, though I'm pretty sure I would pick different ears than the bunny ones. I think my husband and I are going to roll Dominion because he wants to play a mechari, but I will probably make an aurin alt at some point; and aurin would have been my choice for my main most likely if we went Exiles.
  6. Riepah

Riepah Cupcake

I think Aurin are very similiar to Tera's Elin, and not only in name. The major difference seems to be that Elin looked like kids and were a female only race, while Aurin look more like teenagers and can be male or female.
    Looking at how popular Elin were and still are in Tera, I've no doubt that many more people will be happy to have Aurin in Wildstar than will be weirded out by their presence in any way.

I must also mention that Elin Warriors/Slayers/Lancers (All heavy-hitting and/or tanky melee classes) were incredibly popular and that I have no doubt Aurin Warriors would be a very popular race/class combination as well.
    Quite a few people like mixing cute looks with heavy armor and/or big weapons.
  7. Ingsoc

Ingsoc Cupcake-About-Town

I think it's just further proof that Wildstar isn't trying to take itself too super seriously. I think the Aurin look great, and if I make an Exile alt I will definitely check them out.

I don't bother trying to defend anything against Internet trolls. It's always a lost cause.
    Zerdav, Liris and Patrician like this.
  8. Liris

Liris Cupcake-About-Town

Unless something changes, unfortunately, Aurin cannot be warriors!

If I misread your post, and you meant they would be popular if they were allowed, then just disregard. :)

I for one kind of wanted an Aurin warrior alt myself...
  9. Qimx

Qimx Cupcake-About-Town

Those bunnys are too humans in my opinion.
    But anyway they look cool and theres a good chance I will be a rabbit. Soon.

Im wondering who is the fastest one to named Bugs Bunny.
  10. Maestric

Maestric Cupcake

or Lola Bunny :D
    Qimx likes this.
  11. Riepah

Riepah Cupcake

Yes, that's what I mean. Aurin can't be warriors, but many people, myself included, would love to play Aurin warriors so I'm strongly hoping they'll change their minds. It's the only class/race combination I *really* want to play.
  12. Liris

Liris Cupcake-About-Town

Sorry you can't make the race/class you wanted most. That really stinks. :(

I think all races should be allowed to be warriors personally, including aurin.
  13. mge_br

mge_br Cupcake

I dont like them at all, my problem is that apart from the bunny ears and tail the are completly human, it looks incredible lame to me, but the game it self looks so amazing that i would play even if the bunny people were the only playable race ( i know they have official and dont care, DEATH TO ALL THE BUNNYS).
  14. Taters

Taters Cupcake

In the "meet the Exiles" video they gave a terrific tongue-in-cheek shout out the the pervy/furry aspect of the Aurin. That's all you need to know is that they acknowledge it and think it's as funny as everyone else does.

p.s. Tera's Elin are enough to make any male feel uncomfortable playing that game.
  15. Norlamin

Norlamin Cupcake

I'll more than likely be playing Dominion come launch, due to the Draken, but when I do get around to rolling an alt on the exiles, I'll more than likely play a Male Aurin. I really do hope we get other choices besides rabbit, as I'm not too fond of the Aurin we've seen so far. I'd prefer to make a more feral, or tribal Aurin, not so cutesy and more about kicking ass and taking names. I really do hope they give us the option to do so, otherwise I just don't see myself rolling Exiles as their current line-up isn't all that appealing to me.
  16. Riepah

Riepah Cupcake

There've been pictures of at least one Aurin with cat-like ears, so we're probably not limited to bunnies only. However, the major kicking-ass-and-taking-names-class, Warrior, is unavailable for Aurin at launch so it's probably not the intended route.
  17. Fate Flyer

Fate Flyer "That" Cupcake

Aurins aren't all bunnies. They are merely a cross between something very human and mammal of some sort, with a rabbit-eared one being the most prominently seen so far.

[​IMG]

Here's a picture of both a female and male Aurin. The female has cat-like ears, while the male has wide, long ears, kind of like a dog or wolf (or Ratchet). All Aurins have long, furry tails, but their ears do vary, so we know they are not all bunny-like hybrids.
  18. mge_br

mge_br Cupcake

I get humor (i was being overlly dramatic) , but they simplily dont apel to me. The Cassians on the other hand only apel to me because of the aristocratic arrogant feel, " Bring me something to drink, something expensive" :)

Ps: sorry for bad english, not mu native language
  19. bitbandit

bitbandit Cupcake-About-Town

My guild leader in gw2 said that exact line !
  20. bitbandit

bitbandit Cupcake-About-Town

I'm happy to hear someone else relate the art style to ratchet and clank (my favorite series possibly!) kinda reminds me of jak & daxter as well, all vivid and out of this world and such :D
    Fate Flyer likes this.