1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Aurins

Discussion in 'WildStar Races' started by SiegaPlays, Aug 10, 2012.

?

How do the presence of aurins ("bunny girls") effect how you look at WildStar?

1. I am male, and I want to play Aurin (bunny).

19.6%
  2. I am male, and I want to play Aurin (other animal presence).

30.4%
  3. I am male, and the presence of bunny people partially turns me off the game.

2.8%
  4. I am female, and I want to play Aurin (bunny).

8.5%
  5. I am female, and I want to play Aurin (other animal presence).

13.9%
  6. I am female, and the presence of bunny people partially turns me off the game.

2.0%
  7. Race options that I would not pick myself is ok, as long as there is other options.

23.0%
  8. Some races I will simply not accept, if the game has then, I am out.

0.6%
  9. I am undecided.

4.3%
  10. I plan on playing every single race in WildStar eventually

24.4%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Nightsong

Nightsong Cupcake-About-Town

Already used by Guild Wars 2. Carbine could always ask ArenaNet if they could borrow the word though.
  2. Rhynox

Rhynox New Cupcake

I feel like gender should be in the poll. The female aurin are veeery different from the males, if you ask me
  3. Bellaby

Bellaby Well-Known Cupcake

Asura fo' lyfe yo :cool:
    Lumzk, Kataryna and Zerdav like this.
  4. mge_br

mge_br Cupcake

them just play a human exile and use you imagination to pretend your guyor girl is a treehuger hippie ...... if you take tail and the animal ear they look exactly like a human ( with is like elfs look if you take the pointy ears, with is why I think elfs and aurin completly suck as fantasy races)
  5. mge_br

mge_br Cupcake

I dont agree, Draken look like feral monsters or demons if you look in the dominion character build video, their posture and body proportion is compley diferent from humans and their face is humanoid but is far from human, aurians in the other hand looke exactly like humans but with animal eyers and a tail.

Ps: I am not flaming them, I dont like them but I respect the opinion and taste of people who do like them , after all taste is like a nose, everbody has one ( except for Michael Jackson and Skeletor)
    Kataryna likes this.
  6. Kataryna

Kataryna Super Cupcake

and "He who shall not be named"
    mge_br likes this.
  7. Bellaby

Bellaby Well-Known Cupcake

Kermit the Frog?
  8. Jynetik

Jynetik "That" Cupcake

The Aurin are not "furry" in the sense of the internet subculture devoted to anthropomorphic representations of animals. They have fur on them and some animalistic traits which means people in possession of less adequate reasoning ability (read: idiots) will immediately jump to the conclusion that they are somehow designed to appeal to this niche internet group. It's paranoid lazy reasoning and people need to cut it out because it won't serve them well in the real world.

I love the design of the Aurin, really nice mix of elements and I think they will help to round out the Exiles in a big way. I am not super in love with their houses but it fits with their nature theme. It's kind of interesting that Carbine didn't go with a more dryad theme for them but I have to say fuzzy bunny / cat / butterfly people works.
  9. Yianna

Yianna New Cupcake

I like the aurins and carbine was right when they said "some people are into that" in the trailer, since i have found some Rule 34 female aurin stuff already after looking for it... (some of it is over 6 months old btw)
  10. moneda

moneda Cupcake-About-Town

Seek and ye shall find. :D
  11. Bird Flu

Bird Flu New Cupcake

I'm not against there being bunny girls or any other kind of race you could think of. I plan on playing one because I plan on playing an esper and don't see a point in playing as a human in a fantasy game.
    Cuban Cowboy and moneda like this.
  12. Axian

Axian New Cupcake

Want more male Aurin footage, esp male Aurin spellslingers!
  13. shadowclasper

shadowclasper Cupcake-About-Town

Anybody else notice that in general, Male aurins tend to be head and shoulders shorter than female aurins? I actually really really like this about the race, it helps lay to rest some suspicions about them being the "teen age boy's eye candy" race.
  14. Yinello

Yinello Cupcake-About-Town

I'm female and I admit when I first saw the anime-eyed purple bunny girl in the video (the one with the exiles on an odd planet getting chased by things) I felt the urge to kill. It's not that I hate any of the elements but just the way they were combined felt so... iffy. However I'm glad I decided to press on because the Aurin actually look pretty neat. I think the first impression of the Aurin they gave us was wrong. Purple bunny lady really should have been more savage and annoyed towards anything that isn't plant (like in the Meet the Exiles video - that was great!) and not some Disney princess idea.
    Izukar, Lumzk, Joukehainen and 2 others like this.
  15. shadowclasper

Not disagreeing with you (because I went through almost exactly the same deal, and felt much better once it was shown that the Aurin aren't JUST bunny girls, and also their males are TINY compared to them, like head and shoulders shorter from the very few pictures we've seen), just playing devil's advocate here.

She might have been more friendly to sapients simply because "SCIENTIST! SCIENTISTS HAVE TO BE SOCIAL! Cause of peer review and stuff"

Though frankly her giggling at the explosive plant made me want to kill something... a step too far I think.
  16. Yinello

Yinello Cupcake-About-Town

Yeah I suppose that's a good point. I'm going to be such a cynical scientist. xD
  17. Laban

Laban Cupcake-About-Town

The Aurin is probably the class I like the least, really not my cup of tea. But I'm going to fight for the Dominon, so I'll get to destroy all you furry <REDACTED>s. :inlove:
  18. Jynetik

Jynetik "That" Cupcake

I had the exact same initial reaction. The aurin, and all the races in general have really surprised me with their depth and interesting quirks once you get past the really basic looking exterior.
    ruff_ethereal likes this.
  19. shadowclasper

the over the top manly/womanly looks for each of them fits with the general themes though. Eg: action adventure comic book type dealy.
    ruff_ethereal likes this.
  20. Jinxis

Jinxis New Cupcake

My little circle of friends were debating on which faction to play. I was sad when we started leaning to Dominion, but since we have finally decided on exile, I will most definitely be playing an Aurin. However, I will be sorely disappointed if I can't do some sort of slash emote, grab my tail, and hiss. :D
    Izukar likes this.