1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

"Badass Wildstar Concept Art?"

Discussion in 'WildStar General' started by VooDoo, Feb 21, 2013.

1. VooDoo

VooDoo Cupcake-About-Town

Posted Via Chad Moore Twitter: (click hyper link for the full page on the art work. Also, the youtube link at the page is worth a view)
    The Artist I believe is Kory Hubbell
    "Badass WildStar concept art? I'm so in."

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Patrician likes this.
  2. Vhiral

Vhiral Cupcake-About-Town

Dorian Walker seems to have had a couple of injuries.
  3. Liris

Liris Cupcake-About-Town

Loving the female Mechari faces in that link. Makes me want to switch my class just to play one.
  4. Teerack

Teerack Cupcake-About-Town

Wow that girl is hot. Love her hair :O And I wouldn't mind having a Bionic Commando arm :p
  5. Patrician

Patrician "That" Cupcake

I keep wondering if we'll get the option to have cybernetic/steam punk/tech limbs in character creation, or if it's just reserved for the iconic characters in the game.
  6. Hope

Hope Cupcake-About-Town

It's just a flesh wound! :roflamo:

That Eldan Commader Bot looks totally awesome!
  7. Evion

Evion WildStar Haiku Winner 2012

Definitely love the art on that page, I think this is the first we've seen of any possible "armor set" designs, especially including helmets!

Anyone else getting a Reporter/April O'Neil/Lois Lane feel from Artemis and the cameras floating around her?
    Kurik Lein likes this.
  8. Qimx

Qimx Cupcake-About-Town

Sweet Baby Jesus!
    Just awesome.
  9. Kurik

Kurik Super Cupcake

Yeah! I could see her maybe working for Protostar or Dominion News Network for propaganda purposes. :p
    Fate Flyer likes this.
  10. Elthic

Elthic Cupcake-About-Town

That would be awesome if we could have a robotic arm or leg on character creation with at least the humans/Cassians. I could definitely see myself making a human with a robotic arm.
  11. Fate Flyer

Fate Flyer "That" Cupcake

Loving all the facial options! The females look badass!
  12. The Fiery Fox

The Fiery Fox New Cupcake

Wow, those are some nice bits of art. As if I didn't already really want to play a Mechari, that just slid that decision into home for me.
  13. Pixie

Pixie Cupcake-About-Town

I must admit I got really, really psyched when I saw the concepts for the female Draken horns!

To me, the fact that they've made so many different, cool and viable concepts bode really well for character creation, I love it when there are many, many options for such details in a char creator and I'm always disappointed when a game has like 20 hairstyles for their Human characters, and then only 4 or 5 ears, horns of whatever else for their non-human races...

So seeing that is such a nice reassurance that they've got their details straight too.
    starspun, Patrician and Evion like this.
  14. Evion

Evion WildStar Haiku Winner 2012

Pixie beat me to it, but I was going to say too that the variety present in those concepts has me very excited for character creation. If they have a similar variety between faces, hairstyles, Aurin ears, etc, as well as extensive color options, I'm going to be losing many hours to the creator!

I also like that the helmet concepts show both visored and facial options. A bit like Iron Man when he has his helmet's mask up. I wonder if that will be a toggle-able feature in some helmets.
    starspun, Patrician and Fate Flyer like this.
  15. Guide

Guide Well-Known Cupcake

Toric Antevian looks completely badass. I wonder if that set is in-game. :cool:
  16. Pixie

Pixie Cupcake-About-Town

I will also happily spend hours creating chars, and I love all the races announced so far, So the question is if I will find time to play the actual game at all :whistling:

Aurin ears reminds me... I hope we get detailed enough variations that we can have both cat ears and lynx ears, and patterned colour options... although I probably need to make mine have cat ears so I can use my Necomimi ears to dress up like her on Halloween... :oops:
    Patrician likes this.
  17. Norlamin

Norlamin Cupcake

Oh man, loving the different faces for the female Mechari and the horns for the Draken. Really hope we get some Ram horns, or maybe some one horned styles? I'm ALL for WHATEVER they wish to add to the character creator, if there's one thing that I find extremely lacking with MMO's, it's the character creator, so the more options, the better. I also like how the female Mechari don't have all different forms of cute, robo chibi faces, some just look plain wierd, some creepy, there's faces of all different types, the variety seems amazing, and I truly hope we see more... because I'm extremely greedy with character creators and enjoy spending countless hours in the character creator only to have my names taken.
  18. Goreshank

Goreshank Cupcake-About-Town

Beat me too it! Seriously thought I really dig the Wildstar concept art. I can't wait to see what awesome character design options we will get.

EDIT: also Dorian Walker kind of reminds me of Sir Hammerlock haha
  19. pseudo

pseudo Podcaster

VooDoo, Hope, Evion and 1 other person like this.
  20. starspun

starspun Well-Known Cupcake

Now how about a source, eh? :p