1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Balance Between Classes

Discussion in 'WildStar Classes & Paths' started by AlunaEclipse, Apr 16, 2013.

1. AlunaEclipse

AlunaEclipse New Cupcake

Hi I was just wondering how the classes will be balanced pvp difference from pve, thx for answer. :up:

Thx_100304041619_answer_3_xlarge.jpeg
  2. Kalmander

Kalmander Well-Known Cupcake

No idea, but I hope they separate some abilities, and balance them separately for PVE and PVP. For example:

Nutcracker
    10 second cooldown, 0.25s cast time.
    Deliver a healthy kick to the oponent... less defended... areas, that will cause a 3 second stun.
    Note: If used against a human player, it will slow movement, and skill recharge time by 50% for 3 seconds instead of causing stun.

It does not have to be done for all skills, but some skills can be notoriously powerful in PVP if not balanced, but will be useless in PVE if they balance them for PVP...
  3. Vyver

Vyver "That" Cupcake

pvp balancing affecting pve players completely ruined CoH so I hope they do something about that. :(
  4. Kataryna

Kataryna Super Cupcake

Brezals likes this.
  5. Clickbeast

Clickbeast Cupcake

I don't have so much as a question, but a note of discussion. I like where their heads at, and I believe their intentions are correct... but it seems like a very broad idea. I hope that when translating the idea into application, the purpose doesn't fall short.

I've seen many a times where a dev believes they can balance for both pve and pvp, but I'm pretty sure that's never happened before....

Devs have tried to simulate human behavior through AI, bots, etc. It never even comes close to touching the level of reactivity and even proactivity that a human player does.
  6. Luciamund

Luciamund Cupcake

They are planing for proactive gameplay with breakout style gameplay so where if you are to hit a mob with a 30 second lol tether against a person that tether will have x hitpoints and if they attack it will break out of the cc so you have both a minigame introduced and a period where you are not in the wow style i am waiting to die rogue rinse and repeat cycle.
  7. AlunaEclipse

AlunaEclipse New Cupcake

Thanks for all asnwers! Apperciate it :up: