1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Being Social in Wildstar

Discussion in 'WildStar General' started by Exo, Dec 20, 2013.

1. Exo

Exo New Cupcake

Some of my favorite aspects of MMO's are the social options, which in the latest MMO's I've played are overwhelmingly underdeveloped. Is there any info for what Wildstar has in store for the players who want to enjoy the universe without running around beating up things all day? (Outside of the path system)
    The housing system looks amazing, will there be social sockets? Things that will encourage hanging around doing nothing but being silly?
    Something like fishing (which I heard was scrapped); meaning something we can sit around doing that doesn't require too much attention?
    How about an in depth dancing / music system? The ability to create a band?
    Will they give dev support to Guilds throwing parties?
    Will crafters be able to create their own shops, maybe a in a housing socket?
    I know its more theme park than sandbox, but they seem to understand a lot of MMO players like to create their own content, hopefully they give us the means and support to do this. If anyone who has been in Beta has info around these things that isn't blanketed by the NDA, let me know! RPers will rejoice.
  2. Etan

Etan Cupcake

There is housing and i hope can make it into mah house DANCE PARTY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  3. BStrait57

BStrait57 New Cupcake

Off topic: You may want to work on your font, OP. I had to highlight it in order to read it.

On topic:

Also:
  4. Livnthedream

Livnthedream Super Cupcake

I would disagree that "rp" items are inherently social.
  5. Blue Tunic Man

Blue Tunic Man Cupcake-About-Town

Black text color on black background? Black shoes, black boots, black baguette, and a black lil' widow on a black lil' turn table and everything's black for him 'cause he got no one to listen to...

Although on topic: There's a lot of nifty doodads out there that'd promote social play if you stick around and listen to stuff. There's even a Ferris that you can have for a plug!
    Livnthedream likes this.
  6. Exo

Exo New Cupcake

Sorry guys, when I first made the post, the text wasn't an issue. I think I edited some text and accidentally screwed up the color.
    Bstraight, that second video was interesting. Thanks.
    That DDR thing is funny too. Stupid things like that are what I mean. Like setting up a DDR dance off, or other mini games plugs.

I should throw out that I've only really started researching Wildstar in depth the last week or so. I've been following it for a few months, but mostly only devspeaks, and wildstar flicks, aka Carbine first party content. So instead of watching video after video and trying to hunt down what I'm looking for, I'm hoping some of you vets, as you already have, can show me where to look. Thanks again for the replies!
    BStrait57 likes this.
  7. Ralphie2449

Ralphie2449 Cupcake

Imo i think warplots will play a major role in making this game more social.

In the past, most guilds ingames were pretty useless, there was just not a big reason to join them. But not with warplots i think people have a REASON to band together and make the deadliest and strongest castle ingame, which can lead to leveling together, talking, pvping or capturing raid bosses while some other team defends them from enemy attacks etc

Imo now there is a huge reason to join guilds and be more social unlike most games
  8. Ianpact

Ianpact Cupcake-About-Town

9. Deavon

Deavon Cupcake