1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Art Berry's Art

Discussion in 'WildStar Fan Creations' started by CatBerry, Jul 23, 2013.

1. CatBerry

CatBerry New Cupcake

Okay, this a first post full edit, so do not be confused, if you saw this thread before.

Hi, im Berry i really like to draw from time to time and yeah, im drawing fanarts too.
    So, because this seems "The Spot to show (off) Wildstar FanArt" id like to also show my drawings here.

Whenever i get a new one finished i'll post it and also edit it into this first post.
    You have to click the small images to see the big ones, that way i can save some space ;)
    Feel free to compliment me (yes that would be amazing ^.^) or give me konstructive feedback/kritique on my art :) I hope that will help me improve :)

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    Dysp, Arawulf and Mellkor like this.
  2. Eight8Eight

Eight8Eight Cupcake

Reminds me of a Moogle from Final Fantasy a little bit. I like it =]
  3. CatBerry

CatBerry New Cupcake

Ah well, i guess i messed up the face a little bit... im not that good at drawing animals anyways so it was quite difficult ^^;

There it is :)
    [​IMG]
    *copy pastes text from blog*
    Lumzk, Maddog Charlie and Extatica like this.
  4. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

Chua's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(Don't mind me, I like everything Chua related)
  5. Maddog Charlie

Maddog Charlie Cupcake-About-Town

Wow Catberry it looks awesome, like you wanna pick it up and pet it .......but while wearing thick gloves ! :D considering the limited references I thinks its great, that's a great talent you have show us more PLEASE :)
  6. CatBerry

CatBerry New Cupcake

:notworthy: thank you very much.
    i want to try an Aurin but... i want a white one and i dont knwo what ear versions there are... or are there only bunny ears?
    the Aurin refferences do not really get me anywhere atm ^^;
  7. Arawulf

Arawulf Owner of WildStarFans.net

This is great! I remember seeing a Tweet and watching you make this on live stream. Excellent job.
  8. CatBerry

CatBerry New Cupcake

Thanks again :) And thanks for takeing a look at the stream.
    Even thoughi am not good or fast enough that people ceep watchign it for long :<
  9. CatBerry

CatBerry New Cupcake

Its a bit sad people find my stream boring... and do not even want to talk to me there but well...
    here is the WiP of my attempt to draw an Aurin. (Yes i know much mistakes and the anatomy is totaly wrong (too short arms and too small hands... i know =_= but im not really good with human'ish bodies anyways :| )

anyways, here it is. feel free to say something critique it or whatever... *somehow a bit depressed*

[​IMG]
    Dysp and Maddog Charlie like this.
  10. Maddog Charlie

Maddog Charlie Cupcake-About-Town

You know the harshest critics are often the artists themselves, I kinda like even if the anatomy is off a little cause in a world like Wildstar there could be a hundred reasons for it, deep space travel changes, biological factors from the different environments on different planets or maybe even genetic manipulation.

I found this in an old writing of Dorian Walkers;
    "...........the Aurin race, who predominantly have land based skills, have recently found greater usefulness in the fleet, thanks to genetic alterations by those dark and mysterious people.

Although cautious at first to trust them, the Aurin's soon adapted several of their own to be able to access the narrow confines of the service levels between ship decks. This enabled them to act as engineers repairing the ships critical systems and making life a lot more comfortable for us all. The adaptations included shortened limbs for confined space work, ear adaptations for effectively sensing all manner of frequencies and even a kind of sucker attachment for tails to be able to use that as an effective extra limb.

Despite the limitations of my own mechanical limbs compared to these biological marvels I have yet to hand over my body to the mysterious strangers."

I think the stream is great, if people really watch they can learn a lot, unfortunately for every dozen watching maybe only one really has the patience to stay with it and learn. GREAT work Catberry, THANKS.
    Dysp likes this.
  11. Tribe

Tribe Well-Known Cupcake

The males look more like foxes than rabbits, from the limited number of screenshots I have seen. I think your work shows promise, thank you for sharing.
  12. CatBerry

CatBerry New Cupcake

Wow O.O That text is so interesting, so they can mutate quite quickly it seems, thats amazing.
    but well, compared to an aurin the character i drew is quite heavy ^^
    ... maybe because i prefere it that way :|
    Anyways that does make Aurin even more interesting :confused: I can't wait to check them out in game as soon as possible O,O

And regarding the interesting part of Art streaming, i think that it is interesting and i do check out other Artists streams too when i can. I learn from them and i have fun chatting with them. I think its important to answer the viewers though... alot of artists do not do that :(

@Tribe
    thank you :)
    sadly im even worse drawing male characters than drawing female and that is already very difficult xD
  13. CatBerry

CatBerry New Cupcake

Finaly! Finished *dies*

Sadly i didnt pay too much attention to aurin anatomy when i made the lineart, so dont kill me because its not totaly correct =_= i dont knwo why but i dont like the colors for the cloth much... it just does not feel right... no idea why...

anyways, thats it and i hope its good enough ^^
    (dont forget to clickt the picture xD )

[​IMG]
    Dysp likes this.
  14. Dysp

Dysp Cupcake-About-Town

I like it, particularly the two belts and tail.

Since you mentioned the colors, because it's something I have issues with all the time, I think the color came out a little grey. Your tones are very similar across the skin, jacket, torso, and pants. The gloves, boots, gem, and notches on the leather belt are what really stand out. If you either threw in some darker colors on the similarly toned areas, or used some contrasting colors there, you may be able to work away from that grey-ness.

Take the metal belt for example, that looks great because it has depth with the yellow on the brown and the sharp blue gem contrasting it. The leather belt then has the grey against the dark brown, and that dark brown against the light brown.

Switching over to grey scale really helps me spot issues with color tone. Another, much easier, way to get out of the grey is to use a color-level adjustment tool, if you have one. You can saturate the colors more and separate out values pretty simply with it.

That is all of course if you want more saturated colors and/or higher contrast. There definitely is a valid style of staying more along the grey scale.

If you have Photoshop or a similar Levels adjustment tool, on RGB, try moving the dark slider up to around 40 - 50. Then if you want the character to stand out more from the background you can adjust the light slider down some.

I hope my comment was helpful.
  15. CatBerry

CatBerry New Cupcake

Ehm, thank you for the effort, i all know that already though ^^;

Actualy i would take out some color of the intensive parts instead of adding more to the not so intense colors ^^
    That is simply because thats how i like most colors ^^ not too intense (there are some exeptions though).
    What i meant was the whole color composition and... i can not really define whatelese. it does feel wrong. (if you want to check my deviant art, im kind of good with colors some people told me http://blueberry-milk.deviantart.com/ )

I might try to change the whole color theme of her, maybe that will work better for my taste, but not today ^^

anyways, thank you SO much for takeing your time, checking out my art and even go through the big effort to explain this :) (it is interesting to read! )
  16. Dysp

Dysp Cupcake-About-Town

Fair enough. Happy drawing. :)