1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Better Late than Never!

Discussion in 'Personal Introductions' started by Guilder, May 7, 2014.

1. Guilder

Guilder New Cupcake

What's up guys? My name's JT, I've actually been here for almost a year now, so don't let that "New Cupcake" title fool ya. I was just meandering around the forums after making one of my periodic ads for Reckless Endangerment, and then I came across this forum and realized that I'd never posted here! :cry:

So, as the title says.. Better Late than Never. ;) I've been playing MMOs since I was 6 years old, which means that as of right now I have been playing for 13.5 years! Over that very long period of time my main role (Guild-wise) in MMOs has almost always been Guild Treasurer and that hasn't changed a bit with WildStar because Reckless has also taken me on as their "Innkeeper". Game-wise I play everything at some point or another. Every Race, Every Class, Every Mode, and I keep only what I like the most. For WS it's mainly been the Mechari and Mordesh. :cool:

Above all else though I am a roleplayer. I get very involved with everything for my characters, taking care to ensure that everything for that character matches. I do this in part because I never have been very good at talking to and interacting with other people. :oops: I don't even understand a lot of what people do and why, it's as if someone took me off my planet at a young age and put me on Earth. :alien: :cautious: Anywhere I go I usually tend to stand out or be the "odd man out".

Like this one time I was on a class trip and everyone had to take swimming tests. We were there with about 2 other schools, so there were a lot of people. There were two bands you could get from the test: a black band meant that you could swim and a red one meant that you couldn't; they explained this to us beforehand. So I took the test like everyone else and failed, but I didn't get a red band or even a black band. I got a multi-colored yellow-green-orange band. "HUH!? What does that even mean? You never mentioned this one." "Well that means that you can and can't swim." I still don't know what that means. Everyone started calling me, "Kid Citrus" for the rest of the trip and my red hair and tie-dye shirts didn't help much either. :roflamo:

Non-swimmers got to spend the day horseback riding and Swimmers got to spend the day swimming in the lake and going down waterslides. So what did I get to do? Oh, I just spent time with the staff and counselors. Ya know like playing board games and cards, organizing forms and supplies, and just talkin'. Don't ask why because I don't know the answer. That's just what I did.

I'm a good listener though and I'm also very observant of my surroundings, so I try my best to not embarrass myself or my friends. :confused: People have told me in the past that I've done crazy things like float above my bed while I'm asleep :eek: and are generally amazed with my heightened senses and awareness. Like my ability to spot a penny in tall grass from three blocks away or when I heard my friend mention my name in a conversation across 100 yards of a football field with players practicing on it. I also have other little quirks like Synesthesia and a Photographic Memory.

I don't mean to brag though, I hate bragging. :speechless: I'm just tellin' it like it is. There are countless other stories that I could tell. However I just came here to say "hello" and give you a sense of who I am.

"JT, he's really weird and quirky. Whether he's an alien or not we don't know. But I know one thing for sure, he's one of the best friends you could ask for and I for one am glad that he is here with us on Earth."
    - Dan Clifford, my best friend from highschool

Oh, and I should probably put this here: Come check out Reckless Endangerment! We're always open to new members. :D

-----Guilder, RE's Innkeeper and "Little Brother"-----​
    Last edited: May 7, 2014
    Inukeu likes this.
  2. Kataryna

Kataryna Super Cupcake

Official Random Kat Welcome Welcome! :D
    Please! Continue to Enjoy your stay here at WSC! :)

(wow been a while since I've made one of these!)
    Guilder likes this.
  3. Guilder

Guilder New Cupcake

Thanks Kat. :3 I saw a trend in everyone elses, glad to see that you're still at it. :D
    Kataryna likes this.
  4. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

Welcome to the WSC family, hope you'll enjoy it in here as much as I do :D

(noway i'm letting the trend die just yet!)

Ps: Japanese in your siggy.....explain! (or is it just the way someone designed it?)
    Guilder likes this.
  5. Guilder

Guilder New Cupcake

Thanks Extatica! Good to hear! :D

Glad you asked. :D The Red Kanji says "Reckless Endangerment", The Blue Kanji says "Innkeeper", and The Black Kanji says "Guilder". As for the Green Kanji in the middle, it is the same as the one on Guilder's mask in my sig. It means Kumo or "Cloud" and the bottom symbol means "Sunrise". It is a reference to Guilder's first guild which was named Kumo SunRise [KRZ]. I'm using him again after a relatively long 8 years of retirement. Also I do not speak Japanese, but I am in the process of teaching myself on my own time through the use of Anime.

The coin and character were made by myself using Microsoft PowerPoint and the rest of the sig is credited to Snowball, one of my guildmates. :laugh:
    Last edited: May 7, 2014
    Extatica likes this.
  6. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

6 years ago i've studied it for 1,5 years......but it's something you have to keep doing or you'll forget so many things. I can still understand quite a lot of simple conversations...but the kanji....that's something you have to keep practising.

Do you know the kata-/hiragana yet?

Also anime is nice to get used to hearing japanese and some of the more basic sentences....but I think a lot of people overestimate the effectivity of it.

But thanks for the explaination and the story behind it. Because even if you know the meaning it could never bring across the ''real'' message behind it.
  7. Guilder

Guilder New Cupcake

I know of kata-/hiragana, but I don't know it.

I'm just doing it for fun anyway, I don't know if I'm going to get serious with it, but if I ever do get serious anime definitely won't be enough, but for now I've been getting some of the basics of conversation and honorifics down.

Yeah, I've read in different that words hold a lot of significance. Here where and were are different words, but they are spelled similarly. With Kanji however it could mean the difference between love and hate. I made sure though that what I had was okay with a Japanese transfer student in highschool. ;)