1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Story Big: An Aurin's Tale

Discussion in 'WildStar Fan Creations' started by Bellaby, Apr 16, 2013.

1. Bellaby

Bellaby Well-Known Cupcake

Chapter 1
    (Warning: Mild Gore, Mild Violence)
    White.
    Sound, light, even taste...all were white.
    White...
    A thought formed, and abruptly faded with a gust of icy wind.
    Wind? Wind!
    Sahri's eyes fluttered open, a mistake immediately realized, and rectified.
    With eyes clenched shut, she tried flexing her fingers, which sluggishly responded with painful protest. With no small amount of hesitation, toes wiggled, then a long golden tail, and finally two large fox-like ears.

With a flicker of renewed hope, the young Aurin once again opened her eyes, blinking away the stinging light.

She should have kept them closed.

No, no, nononononononoNONONONONONO!

Her mind and her voice screamed out in unison, as the gaping maw of the dead human's face seemed to mirror her horror.

Instinctively she pulled back, flinging herself away from the frozen monster, despite her aching body's revolt. Her legs propelled her back through piles of snow until her back collided with a wall of metal. She dared a glance up.

It was a starship's bulkhead, and beyond it, a roiling sky of the darkest grey.

"This is wrong! Th-this is all wr-wrong, WHERE AM I?!" Her outburst, directed at no one and nothing, echoed hollowly. Looking about, she saw that she was in the remains of what was once a large space-faring vessel, torn asunder like the ribcage of some great mechanical beast. Even as she attempted to compose herself, fresh snow swept in through the skeletal husk, the invisible chill grasping at her nearly bare skin.

Sahri shut her eyes tight once more, trying with what willpower she had to remember even a fragment of how she ended up in the icy tomb, but all that responded to her desperate attempts, was a blackness that rivaled the sheer white of her awakening.

Her eyes shot open, their blue depths brimming with desperation.

As she sat, her mind grasping at memories that were so many grains of sand, a dull throbbing pain began to creep up from her legs. Her eyes fell to the limbs in question, and a gasp escaped from her.
    A long gash ran the length of her right thigh, an ugly, filthy wound, still trickling blood.

Without another thought, she scooped up handfuls of freshly fallen snow and gingerly packed it onto the wound, and proceeded to use her own body heat to melt it, allowing the water to trickle through the rent flesh, until no detritus remained. She glanced around the snow-filled interior of the dead leviathan, her eyes coming to rest on the dead human, still giving her his full attention.

Scooting over to the frozen corpse, she quickly snatched a small holdout blaster from his belt, and pointed it skyward. With hardly a flinch, she pulled the trigger, over and over, each shot roaring into the dark sky. When the first click sounded, announcing an empty clip, Sahri deftly pressed the glowing barrel along the wound, searing shut the open blood vessels. She opened her mouth to scream, but the pain muffled her cry, allowing only a trail of tears to soak her face.

Dropping the weapon in the snow, she collapsed against the bulkhead, eyes bloodshot and mouth hanging open. Only then, as the scent of scorched flash wafted up to her, did she finally wonder...

How did I do that?

To be continued!
  2. Bellaby

3. Bellaby

4. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

Wauw! I have no other words for it ;)

Keep it going Bellaby, you've made me curious now.

Also thanks for the little break from the Quoting :D
    Bellaby likes this.
  5. Inukeu

Inukeu Well-Known Cupcake

Ohh nice I wanna see what happens next, I think the Aurin has some latent military skills coming into effect looking forward to finding out how they crashed and what happens next make more pls
  6. Dyraele

Dyraele "That" Cupcake

Very nice. I like that you didn't make it too long at once too, makes it easier to follow. So, thanks!
  7. Bellaby

I'll post the next part tonight, thanks for the interest! : )
  8. jtfroh

jtfroh New Cupcake

What happened to "I'll post the next part tonight?" This is already becoming a fun read, and I want more. :)
  9. Kataryna

Kataryna Super Cupcake

Bellaby wasn't....Bellaby - they misrepresented themselves. Their account is now inactive and they have deleted their Twitter acct.
  10. jtfroh

jtfroh New Cupcake

That's a shame. It was well written, and it had a lot of potential. So, what exactly happened? I didn't exactly understand what you said, just that Bellaby isn't here any more. :(
  11. Kataryna

Kataryna Super Cupcake

From what was told to me Bellaby was saying they were someone they were not. which made me sad 'cause i liked Bellaby :-(
  12. jtfroh

jtfroh New Cupcake

So Bellaby was pretending to be someone, or someone was pretending to be Bellaby?
  13. Yakzan

Yakzan "That" Cupcake

<Mod Monocle> Not to be a meanie, but I think a discussion like this belongs in PM as it's both off-topic and not really something to be publicly discussed. </Mod Monocle>
  14. FruitPunchHero

FruitPunchHero Cupcake

That was pretty clever. Cauterizing the wound with the blaster barrel. Looking forward to the next part.