1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Art BR's Random Wildstar Arts & Stuff...

Discussion in 'WildStar Fan Creations' started by Bloodraptor, Mar 4, 2013.

1. Maddog Charlie

Maddog Charlie Cupcake-About-Town

:eek: Speechless, truely magnificent :eek:
    Bloodraptor likes this.
  2. Belial

Belial New Cupcake

These are amazing! you just got a new fan.
    And your 4th exile race looks so cool, I wanna play with them lol
    Bloodraptor likes this.
  3. Bloodraptor

Bloodraptor Cupcake-About-Town

Nicely done! I don't mind at all, you did give me credit and that is all I ever ask. :)
  4. Bloodraptor

Thank you! I am happy i can nix 'the' from the name, feels better to me ! :D
  5. Bloodraptor

Thank you kindly!
  6. Bloodraptor

Thank you! Glad you like em, I really hope they do look similar and i can deck out my steampunk cowboy zomborg sharpshooter! XP
    Belial likes this.
  7. Críostóir

Críostóir Cupcake-About-Town

You know, after reading the short back story and seeing the concept art here for The Wayward... That would be the only race from among the Exiles that would pique my interest. Your line art is superb, but as I scrolled through the progression pics and watched the color, shading and lighting being added, the smile on my face grew progressively wider. Phenomenal work here, BR!
    Bloodraptor likes this.
  8. Bloodraptor

Thank you very much! I would love for them to approximate these as much as possible, it would be amazing.
    Críostóir likes this.
  9. Gruuski

Gruuski New Cupcake

Gotta say your work is fantastic. Keep it up! Looking forward to seeing more from you in the future!
    Bloodraptor likes this.
  10. Bloodraptor

This is the daredevil Spellslinger Dylan Hawke, showing off his reckless charms with a stunt on his custom ride, for a pair of (partially) impressed ladies(and a confused rowsdower) at an Algoroc Loftite quarry!

Dylan Hawke © 8bit

Wildstar © Carbine Studios[​IMG]
  11. ruff_ethereal

ruff_ethereal Well-Known Cupcake

I suppose the loftite will slow his fall. No telling for how long, though...

Excellent work, BR! I love the poses, the body language, and those expressions! Very expressive and fun, most especially Dylan's cocky "The Guns" plus that grin of his. He has so much personality in that single act it's ridiculous, and positively amazing.

I love the little dents and scratches on the hoverbike. They were excellent tiny details, and tells a lot about its rider. I positively love the fire engine red and the football helmet grills. I suppose he rams that poor bike into things a lot?

Divine work with the background. I love how the scenery just pops, especially with the amazing glow of the loftite crystals. The grass was amazingly well-done, and you've managed to make dirt interesting to look at, which is an achievement in itself!

I laughed when I noticed his dust trail gaining size and momentum from before he rocketed off. That was a very nice little detail.
    Bloodraptor likes this.
  12. 8Bit

8Bit New Cupcake

I provided Bloodraptor with pages and pages of detail about this character as well as back story and descriptions and when I did so I remember thinking to myself, "He'll never be able to use all this in a single 'snapshot'," but I have to say, he did am amazing job of coming up with a 'moment in time' that did an awesome job of relaying sooooo many of the character elements I sent him from Dylan's 'Daredevil Adrenaline Junkie' attitude, to his 'unsuccessful-more-often-than-not' roguish charm. There are also elements of his back story embedded in multiple minute details in the image that make this one moment such a great summary of Dylan's character. Bloodraptor is not only a great artist, he's done a great job of capturing the spirit of the character as well.

@Ruff: I'm glad you liked the hoverbike. That was something we worked through - the design and color scheme is actually inspired by the old classic sports cars of the 50's and the dents and dings (and reinforcement up front) are evidence of all Dylan's crazy stunts he is constantly pulling when he's riding it.

There are a good dozen other details that came out of our discussion of Dylan's character that BR managed to integrate as well. Can't say enough great things about the guy - I've really enjoyed working with him and recommend him to anyone who would like a telling 'moment-in-time' captured for their character as well.
    Bloodraptor likes this.
  13. Dysp

Dysp Cupcake-About-Town

I really dig the colors, and the expressions are pretty funny/whimsical. The style is really clean and graphic. If I may though, one critique I'd give is that the background feels like the main subject. The way you have the many small textured lines of the grass, the sharpness of the lettering on the sign, the sharp color contrast of the grass, sign, and dirt on the bottom, the contrast of the mountains, and the color contrast of the sharp green to sharp blue sky really punch up the background, even to the extent they overtake the guy who occupies a large portion of the center screen. I could see him being a bit out of the main focus as you may be looking past him at the female characters, but they don't stand out either. My guess would be because you used much flatter surfaces on the characters and mainly reserved the sharp detail for the grass.

Just observing where I look and in what order on the image, I can either kind of start at the Rowsdower or "Danger" sign, move to the front of the bike, then wind off, following that trail of dust back to the rest of the background in a horseshoe. I kind of naturally blur the characters in my peripheral when I look across the image.

The image felt a little backwards to me, but it's just a design decision. Regardless, I really like your style, especially your backgrounds. :D
    Bloodraptor likes this.
  14. Gunghoe

Gunghoe Cupcake-About-Town

Whell he was almost dead accurate on what the race actually looked like, the mordesh that is...
    Bloodraptor likes this.
  15. Katu_Kath

Katu_Kath Robot Cupcake

digging around for any information on the web, Ive found quite a few youtube videos that are using your wayward pic as "official concept art" for the game. So, grats on that!
    Bloodraptor likes this.
  16. Mykor

Mykor Cupcake-About-Town

Very nice artwork BR. You've made the list:
    - Look for updated Wednesday Widstar
    - Check for any new webcomic on the site
    - Search for any new interviews
    - NEW! Look for new BR art
    Bloodraptor likes this.
  17. Bloodraptor

RETURNAGE! I am using a most welcome limited usage of computer and tablet time to polish and post simple works I had on the back burner (sadly unable to do major works). This is a longtime promised update of my nostradamically similar Wayward turned to official in-game Mordesh. I will have headshots first followed by the full body outfit redesign.

The first is Cayle Marrowdelve, he and his twin sister Mazria make the bounty hunting duo known as "The Wayward".

WildStar © Carbine Studios
    Cayle.jpg

Attached Files:

Pestilinz, Dysp, Death and 1 other person like this.
  18. FelixAkuma

FelixAkuma Cupcake-About-Town

19. Death

Death Cupcake-About-Town

Lookin good man. I'm SO glad to see you and your work back here at WSC. :). Looking forward to more!
    Bloodraptor likes this.
  20. Dysp

Dysp Cupcake-About-Town

Great! Welcome back! :D
    Bloodraptor likes this.