1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

(C) Art by Kryptikk

Discussion in 'WildStar Fan Creations' started by Kryptikk, Nov 2, 2013.

1. Kryptikk

Kryptikk New Cupcake

Hello ladies and gents (or should I say CUPCAKES). The work I will be posting is something I haven't seen much of on here so and its a bit different then what some may have knowledge of, if you got questions feel free to ask!

This is where I will be posting some Wildstar Concept art inspired 3D work that I am doing currently. I will update regularly and as with anything I do Comments and Critiques are always Welcome and Appreciated!

The first project I have decided to undertake is the Chua Fireplace seen in this lovely concept by the great artists at Carbine:
    [​IMG]

And here is Update #1. About an hour or so of Modeling:

[​IMG][​IMG]
    As I said C&C Welcomed and Appreciated!!
  2. Dysp

Dysp Cupcake-About-Town

It's looking good. I'll be curious to see how the completed piece looks. As for crits, I can't really give you any right now. The illustration has a weird illusion that the inset piece bends inwards towards the bottom and isn't straight edged. I suppose exaggerating that inner curved shape might be interesting so the lowest horizontal pipe is slightly shorter in length.
  3. Tribe

Tribe Well-Known Cupcake

Thank you for sharing your work.

I'm not sure that there is enough to go on yet, to offer criticism. I look forward to see a complete, or further along piece. What program(s) do you use for your modelling?
  4. Kryptikk

Kryptikk New Cupcake

Base modeling like the one I am working on atm I do in Autodesk Maya. I will be doing some of the smaller prop items on the shelves in 3D Studio Max not because it has a specific benifit but because it is another standard software the Industry uses and I have never used it because the college program I graduated from focused on Maya. I may do some work in Zbrush if I decide I need the super high poly detail of a sculpt but most likely not. Otherwise photoshop for textures with maybe some 3D Coat since it will allow me to paint directly onto the model.
    Tribe likes this.