1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Art (C)Wildstar - Exile Recrut poster - Art Deco(?)

Discussion in 'WildStar Fan Creations' started by Sapler, Sep 10, 2013.

1. Sapler

Sapler New Cupcake

Hello! one of my first posts, since im shy and all! But here is something i wanted to share!

[​IMG]

I sent it to wildstar with twitter, this is the respons:
    [​IMG]
    This was a 1 week assignment and was alot of fun! :3 Please leave feedback and critique!
    Kash likes this.
  2. Skippy

Skippy Well-Known Cupcake

That looks awesome, but I must say, those eyes make them look possessed :p
  3. Sapler

Sapler New Cupcake

Hehe, thanks. I agree they do seem a bit possessed, but since it's in a Art Deco style i tried to use as minimal of details i could (but still trying to make something good) adding any more details to the eyes other than completing them seemed even more wierd.
  4. Skippy

Skippy Well-Known Cupcake

It fits the style you were going for so it works, them looking possessed is fine as long as it is stylized, IMO you should take their twitter response in to the teacher too, he can't really question it then haha.
  5. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

Chua reporting in for if they don't give you an A :D
  6. Tribe

Tribe Well-Known Cupcake

Thank you for sharing your work.

My favorite part of the poster is the alternating dark blue and light purple "space".

IMO the faces of the races would look better if they were more defined. I understand you went with an art deco style but I feel they lack detail. Maybe add some shading, especially for the Granok. He might need shading on his arms and hands as well. If the Human and Aurin figures had pupils, it might make a huge difference.

I also believe that the tag line, or call to action, of the poster, "We need your help! Join the Exiles today!" could be improved. It does not convey the freedom fighter, underdog, revolutionary flavor of the Exile faction.
  7. Sapler

Sapler New Cupcake

No problem :3

I see, well i figured. I made the Granok first, as he was simply the easyest to make, as i wanted to go for a very "simple" and "flat" art style, he ended up somewhat how i wanted it. Now that i made the other 3 he seem way too simple in comparisen. Thanks for helping me notice that. Ill allso try and fix a bit on the Aurin and Humans eyes see how that goes.

This im totaly on par on, just that the moment i finished the poster.. my mind went blank.. "What the hell do i write here"...
    I asked some friends that are allso interested in the faction and we got to this.. as noone of us realy knew what to put in..
    This seemed the most "Wildstarish" thought I dont want that but something "Exileish" I just could not figure out what that was.
  8. Sapler

Sapler New Cupcake

Update: "attempt" at adding eye details to aurin, human and granok (harder then expected..) Allso added some more minor details to the granoks hands and a smal shadow effect. Just some tweaks i did from feedback, the "motivational text" still could need some work, but still kinda clueless what to put there.