1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

(C) Wildstar *Indie Edition* (fangame)

Discussion in 'WildStar Fan Creations' started by Kitisplode, Aug 1, 2013.

1. Kitisplode

Kitisplode New Cupcake

[​IMG]

Waiting for a Beta Key? Can't wait to get a taste of that nauseous Nexus air?

Well, stop breaking your F5 key for a second, because here's a chance to get early access to a pared-down, flat, and oddly pixelated rendition of the ancient lost planet of the Eldan. These are the harsh sacrifices that must be made to bring about such miracles as early entry to this holy land. Y'know, instead of getting an actual Beta Key.

Play as a Scientist, Warrior, or Explorer, each with their own individualized moves and areas to explore.
    [​IMG]
    Solve dusty puzzles, fight rusty robots, or jump through poorly designed work environments, depending on which character class you prefer.
    [​IMG]
    Travel through high-altitude deserts, Eldan secret laboratory bases, and other areas ripped off from Super Metroid.
    [​IMG]
    Best of all, despite the sacrifices you've made to enter Nexus early, you still get to experience the ostensibly enjoyable elements of a Beta, seeing as this game is not even finished yet and still has some work to go. Actually, Alpha may be a more correct term; so it's even Betterâ„¢!

The game is created in HTML5 and should be compatible with the following web browsers:
    Mozilla Firefox 22.0,
    Google Chrome 28.0.1500.95 m (the screen is blurry, and sounds are somewhat unsynchronized),
    and Opera 12.15 (no sound).
    It will probably work in other versions, too; these are just the ones that I've checked already, and hopefully they'll work for you, too.
    The game does not currently work in Microsoft Internet Explorer or Apple Safari.

To play, simply click on this link: Game Link

If you like to have controls in a text format:
    Move: arrow keys
    Jump: X key
    Attack: C key
    Pause: Z key

on the main menu:
    Pick a different character: arrow keys
    Select the character and go to the actual game: X key

As noted previously, the game isn't really even half-finished yet, but I always hear feedback is important, even in the earliest of stages, so I felt I should post it, now that it's at least playable and has some semblance of gameplay.
    So please say anything and point out any thoughts that you'd like to be known, good and/or bad (within the rules, though, I'd imagine).

Credits:
    Kitisplode - Making this thing
    Carbine - Making the thing this thing is based on
    NCSoft - Sponsoring Carbine to make the thing this thing is based on

Okay you can go back to mashing F5 now.
    Nearo, Dysp, Brenner and 6 others like this.
  2. Luc

Luc Cupcake-About-Town

Haha that was pretty fun! i liked Explorer the most cuz he is the fastest!
    Good job, can't wait to see draken haha :coffee:

Only True explorers can go there! :roflamo:
    True Explorer.png
    Balgoss, ruff_ethereal and Kitisplode like this.
  3. Scoriae

Scoriae Cupcake

That was awesome :) Explorer was really fun and Scientist was pretty hard. Is there a way to make the buzzbings (or w/e they are) stop spawning or do they just keep coming?
  4. Artefact

Artefact Cupcake

Wildstar fused with Metroid ! You couldn't have done better ! Lots of fun while waiting for the official game release, thank you so much !!
  5. Anlath

Anlath UK/EU Community Manager for WildStar

I am SO bad at this, but it is awesome! The sprites are so cute! :D
  6. Zilvis78

Zilvis78 New Cupcake

Very awesome job, fyi i'll be adding it to my Nexus Newsflash later today feel free to follow me @zilvis78 and @protostartopia.blogspot.com if you have twitter of course to hear it. Things like this definitely add much good to the community!
  7. burkmopp

burkmopp New Cupcake

Lots of fun, very frustrating to play as the scientist, this might have very well influxed my future career choice!

Thanks =)
  8. Nearo

Nearo Cupcake

I couuuldn't love this more, it's absolutely amazing alkjf;ad :inlove: I think the only thing better would be wildstar itself, this game is all kinds of wonderfulness in it's own right too, so far anyways.