1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

can i control engineer class with more than 2 bots?

Discussion in 'WildStar Classes & Paths' started by muontimban89, Dec 12, 2013.

1. muontimban89

muontimban89 New Cupcake

I watch information about engineer so sad because i want to control the bot with more than two bots. I waiting for this game but now i feel sad because i cannot control more than two bots. i hope they can change to control more than four or five bot in one time. I like to be control mutiple pet i play many game to find to control more pet or robot than is someone have any idea please let me know or give me opinion because i like control more than 2 bots guy. can you guy let them know that thank.
  2. Michael Sullivan

Michael Sullivan New Cupcake

On the devspeak video they said there's at least 3 bots. A tank, dps and healbot. On the class page q&a they said that the bots have player activated abilities. I'm guessing that the bots have to be on the action set to use the specific bot abilities so if you have a bunch of bots out you would have to sacrifice other abilities to effectively use them
  3. Destian

Destian Cupcake-About-Town

I believe it's only 2 bots at a time, sorry.
  4. Mondasin

Mondasin Cupcake-About-Town

An interview with Frost showed that you can have at most 2 of the 4 bots out at a time.

Theres a Tank bot, heal/repair bot, a CC bot, and the dps/artillery bot. You also unlock the repair bot last in the mid to late 20's from what I saw.
  5. Mellkor

Mellkor Well-Known Cupcake

I feel ya pain mate, I posted an extensive rant about how 4 bots would be feasible.
  6. Jeuraud

Jeuraud Cupcake-About-Town

The Repair bot is an AMPs unlock.
    WStempA.png
  7. Spracket

Spracket Cupcake-About-Town

I was more hoping for at least small utilities that were robot-related. Maybe there are and they haven't showed us yet (after all, I don't think they've shown a gameplay video with a character above level 30), but I've got my fingers crossed for some explosive-kamikaze bots.
  8. MadVorlon

MadVorlon New Cupcake

During the Frost interview video he mouses over the icon of the healbot at 9:11. The last line of yellow text reads, "Two bots can be active at one time."

That stipulation is probably in the ability description for each bot, and probably because if it were possible to have all four bots active at once then the player could run into the middle of a mob spawn, drop bots, and go make a sandwich while they did their thing. While I would love to be able to do that as an engineer (since I plan to play one as an alt), I can see how Carbine might not want to allow it given the bias that they seem to have toward player engagement in combat with the whole dodging-out-of-telegraphs-and-moving-around-and-stuff.
  9. Xecks

Xecks Cupcake-About-Town

maybe an ability cooldown thing could put out all bots at once like that hunter ability for like 10 seconds or something. on a short cooldown like a min or so.
    Destian likes this.
  10. Destian

Destian Cupcake-About-Town

Robot stampede? Check.
  11. Wendo

Wendo Cupcake

As been said before, yes only 2 bot at a time.
    I am going to hijack this thread and ask you guys if you can make sense of this video:

If you look right after the character creation it seems like he has two bruiser bots up at the same time. One disappears when he starts fighting tough but there is a cut in the movie there so i cant say what happen to it.
    I mean it could be so simple as that they allow you to have two of the same bot but i cant make sense of two things.

1. He do not have 2 of the same ability on his bar. Does that mean that you can spend only one slot and still have two bots as long as they are of the same sort?

2. How to spawn two bots if you only have one skill placed on your bar? The summoning bar is suppose to turn into the bots skill bar after summon so that button should simply use the bots ability not spawn a new one right?

Do i miss something?
  12. Mondasin

Mondasin Cupcake-About-Town

13. WavE

WavE Cupcake-About-Town

Does this mean I can have two artillery bots for dps? I did not realize this was a thing...

froths at mouth*
  14. Haversham

Haversham Cupcake-About-Town

I don't see the point? Each bot is different and powerful in what they bring to the table. I don't feel like gameplay would be that much more improved by bringing all the bots at once vs. only two. In fact, I feel like it would just get more confusing as you have four bots to manage, instead of two.

No, that's not possible. Each bot out is of a different type. If you watch a stream you'll see that the first press of the bot button brings out the bot, the second press becomes the bot ability (heal, stun, etc.).
  15. WavE

WavE Cupcake-About-Town

Well it's totally possssible...I mean you'd just have to add in some code to a set of amps to have the abilitiy to have more then one of the same model.

Likely though? not so much
  16. WavE

WavE Cupcake-About-Town

sigh, i just asked on stream and Crb_Caydiem said the double same bot is a bug in the beta currently
    Wendo likes this.
  17. Haversham

Haversham Cupcake-About-Town

Good to know. Also, just remembered there was a stream today. :)
  18. Illumy

Illumy New Cupcake

Sooo what about the other direction?

In the Livestream tey showed a Botless build, since i'm not the Pet Lover this would be interesting. But it seemed a bit underwhelming in comparsion to the 2 Bot Setup, but maybe thats just me.

I would love Botless to be a REAL Option, what so you think?
  19. Spracket

Spracket Cupcake-About-Town

In the live stream, the devs assured everyone that botless builds are viable.
  20. Illumy

Illumy New Cupcake

Of course they say it, but as a long Time WoW Player i tend to read such Messages with more than just a Pinch of Salt. :cautious: