1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Carbine faking que times, giving guests priority (proof)

Discussion in 'WildStar General' started by John, Jun 4, 2014.

1. John

John "That" Cupcake

Posted on the official forums, thread will undoubtedly be closed shortly:

https://forums.wildstar-online.com/forums/index.php?/topic/63957-long-queue-times-figured-out/

Basically Carbine is giving guest passes priority over paid accounts, which is in direct contradiction to what they stated they would do. The motive is pretty clear here, try to turn a potential customer into a paying customer, at the expense of current paying customers.

Link to video demonstrating it:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IC9eznu1Xns&feature=youtu.be

Between this deception, the insane ques, and the increasingly clear game design of trying to force people into buying CREDD by keeping us perpetually poor (5 silver fee on a 10 copper CX purchase?!), my perception of Carbine is quickly changing and this launch is leaving a bad taste in my mouth.
  2. PalsyPlague

PalsyPlague Cupcake

I definitely agree that the reality of server queues is frustrating. However, Carbine has stated that it is an unintended queueing error which they are currently working on resolving.

Source: https://forums.wildstar-online.com/...o-queue-times-for-guest-accounts/#entry659962

I'm not sure I'm with you on how we are being "forced to buy CREDD." I haven't hit the auction house much yet myself, but I have some friends that are getting pretty rich on it right now.

In conclusion, yeah we're definitely seeing some launching pains with Wildstar. But I've never heard of an mmo with a flawless launch.

Have a nice day.^^
  3. John

John "That" Cupcake

Realistically, Carbine cannot say anything other than 'its a bug'. Would they ever admit that they intentionally prioritized guests? Of course not. Personally I am suspicious, there is a very clear incentive for Carbine to do such a thing.
  4. Cogburn

Cogburn Cupcake-About-Town

5. Livnthedream

Livnthedream Super Cupcake

You do realize that 9 times out of 10 when you have the option to point to malice or incompetence its normally incompetence right? Your video "proof" is set to private so its kinda hard to consider any evidence at face value, but considering that you are trying to use the reasoning of their being strict sinks to combat faucets as "pushing you into Credd" I find it extremely hard to take you seriously. As someone else said above, those that know how to use the cx/ah are getting along quite fine. I mean if you really want to complain about something, how about the essentially every basic mat being priced below vendor cost, often quite far below. I made 80s Sunday morning just from buying omni plasm for example.
  6. Benevon

Benevon Cupcake-About-Town

Noobs posting items for less than the AH fees has nothing to do with carbine. And it would make more sense that the queue priority is bugged.

Tired of sitting in queues? Buy the game and get in faster!

Tell me how that is less likely than allowing guests to get in faster to entice them to buy? Grow up
  7. RavenWind

RavenWind Well-Known Cupcake

My main is level 13 and has 15 GP already, with not really all that much play time. Gotta say Gold is pretty easy to come by so far. Now I haven't gone too wild purchasing every skill or what not available just because its available. But still, even if I had purchased a lot more I would still be in the 10 GP range. The SellBack prices for old gear being very low is pretty std for MMOs.

As for Queue Times...I have not to wait at all so far. Of about the 8 guildies that have gotten on with Early Access, only two, trying to get on a PvP server during the headstart, had any kind of wait and now with the new servers that have been added they are no longer waiting.
    Benevon and Kataryna like this.
  8. PalsyPlague

PalsyPlague Cupcake

Kataryna likes this.