1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Carbine Studios: Change Path of Explorer to Path of Scout

Discussion in 'WildStar Classes & Paths' started by Torquetum, Aug 7, 2013.

1. Jugernaught

Jugernaught New Cupcake

I found no sense of humor in the original post itself, if it was meant to be humorous then I guess the OP is just not a funny person in general or does not carry well into a written form. In my mind, looking at it from the position of being a petition to cause a change trying to use facts (which are not facts at all, or are changed to offer a benefit to the OP himself) it did not work at all.

In the end if it is truely a petition for change, it failed. If it was an attempt at humor by completely incorrectly defining words, it also failed.
  2. Bravadorado

Bravadorado Cupcake-About-Town

Nah, but 100 should be a good enough initial amount to at least get Carbine's attention ^^

We just figured this could be a fun little project for the guild and community here at WSC. If you guys like the idea, awesome! But if not then it's no big deal. It's all in good fun and getting the community together for discussions and etc. It would also be neat to see something like this succeed, as it would prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that the devs are listening and willing to make a fairly major change at the request of players. I think it's neat to be able to not only see that, but be a part of it and experience it as well.

It's cool that as a community we can make an idea and watch it develop into something that might be able to influence a lot of people. Will it work and will people sign it and make this change happen? Who knows. But whether this ship sinks or sails off into the sunset, I know a lot of our guildies (And hopefully a good many members here) had/will have fun with it, and that is really what matters ^^
  3. Yakzan

Yakzan "That" Cupcake

<Mod Monocle> People, please. There is no need to insult or demean other posters for any reason, whether it be difference in opinion or even things such as sense of humour, whether that be the case of not. Y'all should be ashamed of yourselves. </Mod Monocle>
  4. azmundai

azmundai Well-Known Cupcake

explorer > scout
  5. Eluldor

Eluldor Cupcake-About-Town

Explorers are boss, they're above (oh boy pun) sharing starting Letters :laugh:.
  6. Ashardalon

Ashardalon New Cupcake

Juggernaught, you should take your anger elsewhere. :)
    Alverad, Phyllo and ArdentSun like this.
  7. Ico

Ico Moderator • WSC's Gentle Flower

"They're an Explorer". Come on guys if you're gonna put the time into doing a full poster, you should probably grammar check yourselves :p.

As for my personal opinion, I wouldn't want to see it changed.
  8. Bravadorado

It is proper, it's like he's pointing to another imaginary person in the "crowd". Perhaps "They're Explorers" would have been better, but it's based on the Dr. Pepper commercials. Like this one:
  9. Ico

I don't follow, you should never use "an" to refer to a plural :p.
  10. Bravadorado

It's not plural, is what I'm saying :p "They're an Explorer" = "They are an Explorer" So imagine Torq is up on a podium or something and he says "I'm an Explorer, they are an Explorer, wouldn't you like to be one too?" and when he says "they" he points to a specific other person in the "crowd". It's not saying everyone else (THough granted that would be easier and perhaps better xD) is an Explorer, it's like saying "The person right next to you is an Explorer" or something like that. It's a slightly more difficult and confusing change of perspective, but it still works properly :p (By the way, I told him that he should use "They're Explorers" but he didn't listen to me >.> Scoundrel!)
  11. Ico

But there's no focal point in a poster apart from the 4 arms, indicating you're using the collective They!

Screw English! I'm out, also I should go before further derail this thread, not sure what rails it's on originally though...
  12. Bravadorado

Haha, well, on another note, we've managed to get 16 supporters (On the petition) in less than one day :eek: So that's pretty cool. Also guys, if you do support and like this idea, then please go and sign the petition, don't just like the OP because that (While appreciated) doesn't really help further the goal :p
  13. Alverad

Alverad Well-Known Cupcake

Evil Chuas stole some peoples ' sense of humour - gief - it-back!

I like the idea, not necessarily arguments behind it. Scout sounds much better - explorer is boring, and over-used :p
    ArdentSun likes this.
  14. vicksen

vicksen Cupcake

Maybe everyone else should change instead!

Soldier = Executioner
    Settler = Engineer
    Scientist = Evaluator
    Ashardalon likes this.
  15. Socoth

Socoth New Cupcake

I agree; why would anyone want to have a silly, strangely Shaped, symbol in their name ?
  16. Pmizzrym

Pmizzrym Cupcake-About-Town

You're telling me I didn't understand the humor?

Now that's a funny joke.
  17. Agneos

Agneos Cupcake

I agree with this.
  18. Quantum Wizard

Quantum Wizard Cupcake

Alliteration now thats a political stance I can stand behind! Sure why not.
    ArdentSun likes this.
  19. Dedlaw

Dedlaw Cupcake-About-Town

This. A 1000 times this.