1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Cassian/Human -Aesthetic Differences?

Discussion in 'WildStar Races' started by ian emery, May 31, 2013.

1. ian emery

ian emery New Cupcake

Couldn't find this already, so I thought I'd ask:

Will the Humans & Cassians possess distinct aesthetic qualities (I realize both are "Human")...

...other than personality & voice differences?

And if so, does anyone know if the differences will transcend hair/clothing choices--such as distinct facial features, height differences, body proportion differences, etc.--or will my hypothetical Human & Cassian avatars likely look very much the same, such as the MoP Pandas: two factions, same race?

Thanks ahead of time!
  2. JoeDragon

JoeDragon Cupcake-About-Town

Cassians carry themselves with a more refined quality. Their facial expressions definitely seem different, much more smug, and yes their clothing is different as well. Additionally, according to the recent post on the Luminai, it appears that the "Highborne" members of the Cassians have trace amounts of Eldan blood in their veins, which could make a slight difference.

While Humans are more rough around the edges, less restrained and seemingly much more emotional. They also seem less focused on grooming and certainly don't care about style. It is unlikely that the Humans have any Highborne amongst them.

I can absolutely see a difference. I'm not really sure what else you could want.
    Verilyn likes this.
  3. Verilyn

Verilyn Cupcake

Their differences kind of remind me of "Night Elves" and "Blood Elves".
    Except, neither are Elves or thrive on magic. :p
    SilentJ and JoeDragon like this.
  4. ian emery

ian emery New Cupcake

No, that's the perfect response. Thank you.

While I've been obsessively reading about W*, I'm not a lore guy, so I didn't read the W* Wed. post this week. Judging from your answer, I should have.

I just haven't seen much male C or female H gameplay to make comparisons on the looks, I've just seen the male H Spellslinger old vid. and the female C Spellslinger old vid...and no character creations for any aside from female Cs...so I wasn't sure what was truly different when you go to make either/or.

Thanks again! That info. helped!

Verilyn, I'm assuming the Cassians are the Belves & the Humans the Nelves?

Grrr...why'd you have to make that comparison? I was a devout plastic little metro male Belf in WoW...so maybe Cassian will be more my tastes? I just don't know if I can stand to stare at Drakens and Chuas all day...whereas Aurins and Granok rock men and the (*potentially cool*) Undead may be more my tastes when it comes to choosing my faction.

That's why I posed the question, because if both races were essentially the same, I'd go Human. But witht he differences you guys mentioned...IDK. Oh, the plight of the indecisive!
  5. JoeDragon

JoeDragon Cupcake-About-Town

I dunno, the Luminai sure do look Elvish. :p

Absolutely! I definitely think that Cassians are the Blood Elves of Wildstar! They crave power as strongly as Blood Elves crave Magic. They think that they're better than the rest of the Races. They surround themselves in Lavish Luxury.

I hope everyone who would play a blood elf rolls a Cassian!

Meanwhile, I'm going Human. :p
  6. ian emery

ian emery New Cupcake

If Cassians (unlikely, I know) have a pointy-ear customization option, I'm sold!
    Verilyn likes this.
  7. Joukehainen

Joukehainen Well-Known Cupcake

The aesthetic difference is that we Cassians are sexy class acts.

Exile human scrubs, on the other hand, are inbred hicks.

*sips martini*
    Risetta and ObliviousPrime like this.
  8. Shoogli

Shoogli Cupcake-About-Town

Ian : check Fedora in the paths video. I think she's human/exile since in group with an Aurin later on in the video...

Ha let me find a proper link : here !
  9. Domi Dayglow

Domi Dayglow Super Cupcake

I wonder if the Humans and Cassians (Yes I put humans first! Yay Exiles!) will have slightly different armor skins? Like, humans looking more like Indie Jones the rough and tumble look for one set of armor. Then a Cassian puts it on and it looks more like a wealthy British noble big game hunter on them.
    Risetta likes this.
  10. Narrack

Narrack Cupcake

Aren't the "Humans" Cassians anyway lore wise?(like high elves vs blood elves) so i imagine there will be small differences so you can tell them apart if your looking at them but they are essentially the same people. Actually given that trail of thought it would be cool to RP an exile as a highborn Cassian turned rebel. Shame you can't choose between the voices
  11. Luc

Luc Cupcake-About-Town

Cassians and Humans are the same thing... they are both Humans, Cassians are the Ethnic. (From Planet Cassus)

Humans at exile side, are exactly what the name says, they'r Exiled Cassians.
  12. Cottonspore

Cottonspore Cupcake-About-Town

Everyone has covered the lore aspects... so I'll just mention that on the technical front, so far it seems that both Cassians and the Exile humans have the same options in the character creator. They may have different faces (I'm inclined to think not), but their body models appear to be the same and we do know that they share the same hair options. For instance, Kit (narrator from the Exiles personality trailer) has a two pigtails style which is available as a player hairstyle in the Cassian character creator in the PAX East 2013 video. The long hairstyle which debuted in the same video shows up again as the hairstyle used by Fedora in the devspeak Paths video and in numerous screenshots of Exile humans.

So, TL;DR: In lore, there are probably some differences. In the creation screen? None so far. Faction specific armor may be the only difference.
  13. Nekowhatsit

Nekowhatsit New Cupcake

I always thought the Cassians seemed taller and more lithe/thin in the cinematic videos. If that translates into the actual game I feel like it would definitely speak back to the Eldan blood that the "high born" are supposed to have traces of. I mean, look at the ruling class... the Ilumi-*CantSpellIt*. Those aspects don't seem far fetched.
  14. Risetta

Risetta New Cupcake

I just want to know if the humans and cassians can be told apart in PvP besides the red name plates. Not sure how much customization Wildstar is willing to put into gear for the factions but it would be neat to just look at a human character and know if it's dominion or exile.
  15. eselle8

eselle8 Well-Known Cupcake

Humans and Cassians shouldn't look any different physically. They've only been separated for a few hundred years. That's not enough to change what a group of people look like. It might be enough to justify different hairstyles, which it doesn't look like the game is going to do. Different accents are a nice touch, though, and hopefully gear for the factions will be different-looking.
  16. Inv1cted

Inv1cted Cupcake-About-Town

They better have different animations (even if they're just OOC animations). Seeing an Exile stand at attention or a Cassian scratch their butt would break my immersion.
  17. NigthmareSystem

NigthmareSystem Cupcake-About-Town

to me, the only difference between Exile Human and Cassian human should be the expression in their face and their animation because they are the same species but with different ideologies
  18. Dragon

Dragon Cupcake

I'm honestly surprised they seem to share hairstyles atm. I would expect that after (as someone suggested) 100+ years of separation, styles would have deviated significantly, not to mention grooming habits.

*dons a pink monacle*

What self-respecting Cassian would be caught dead with...eughhh, farmgirl pigtails? I mean, honestly? Such..."styles" are best left to the help.
  19. Luc

Luc Cupcake-About-Town

Agreed , All gear and hair should be different btw the H. Cassians and H. Exiles, aswell as the habits.
    (such as running ,sit, atack and etc... animations.)
  20. ian emery

ian emery New Cupcake

I compared Fedora to early Cassian female Spellslinger gameplay, and they don't look too different, other than this unavoidable feeling that humans do project a more rugged frontier rough and tumble persona, and Cassians are a sleeker did you see my sexy and pompous poses as I kapowed that homeless exile? attitude.

I like the Exile races better aesthetically, but that sexy bad guy style of the Cassians and the Dominion calls my name. But Draken are ew! 4th race confirms will solidify my choice between Humans and Cassians.