1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Chance that next two classes are faction specific?

Discussion in 'WildStar Classes & Paths' started by Talksin, May 10, 2013.

1. Talksin

Talksin Cupcake

Remember in vanilla WoW when paladin was alliance only and shaman was horde only? I know this causes a ton of probable balance issues. But, do you think they might do it?
  2. Kataryna

Kataryna Super Cupcake

3. Demosthenes

Demosthenes Cupcake

http://www.mmo-game.eu/wildstar-q-and-a-session-with-jeremy-gaffney/
    Brexton likes this.
  4. Agon

Agon Cupcake

Was just about to say that. Shaman/Paladin didnt work so well and is just the most popular example of balance problems.
  5. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

I'm so glad they aint going that way!

Saves alot of trouble trying balancing, and pleasing the community.

It's a funny idea, and a lovely concept....but for me it ends there. It just brings too many problems with it, better just make all classes be available for any faction.
  6. UNDERZZZZZ

UNDERZZZZZ Cupcake-About-Town

It causes way to many balance and differentiation issues. It's hard to provide something equally balanced while giving differentiation. Shamans and Paladins are one example, which was fixed and definitely the right decision. Even simple things such as Belf vs Human/Dwarf/Draenei paladin seals. I know in TBC for ret that Belf was superior to the Alliance palas due to the more consistent DPS seal. It's hard to add 'flavour' and differentiation while retaining balance, and people DO want to min max but DON'T want to make sacrifices.
  7. SuperomegaOP

SuperomegaOP New Cupcake

hey what anime is your sig from?
  8. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

Aye, but i'm totally in for ''same spells, same effects, different spell animation/looks'', it adds flavour and indeed keeping the ''oh it's unbalanced stuff'' out.
    Anime? What are you talking about? We just took a guild picture from our last conquest.....just a few more and then we can come to Nexus to wreak some havoc.

(to not be anoying :p Saint Saiya The Lost Canvas, person in the picture is called ''Alone'')