1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Character Creators and you.... What would you like to see in Wildstar's Character Creator?

Discussion in 'WildStar General' started by Chrilin, Aug 12, 2012.

1. Chrilin

Chrilin Cupcake-About-Town

Yep, Very much looking forward to info in the future.

I remember that now, but I'm gonna have to disagree with you on that particular example. It was a little too constrictive imo.

Anyway, it's just one example where I thought they went overboard on how restrictive it was. I do like the idea of lore being involved though, it does make for a more immersive game.
  2. Billco

Billco Cupcake-About-Town

I'm nowhere near artistic or creative enough, let alone do I have a good enough memory to answer this thread directly.

However, in relation to character creator I would LOVE to see a downloadable creator a month or so before launch, so we can really sit there and fine tune our toons to what we want. An import into game option from there would be fantastic, but i'd settle for a preset number generator that I can use when the game launches.

Even if this was some form of pre-order bonus, I know that'd make a LOT of people pre-order because nothing is worse than launching the game for the first time and sitting at the char select screen for ages to get your toon, just right...knowing that someone could be rolling a toon with "YOUR" name at any point.

I would also like to see a "barber shop" type deal in either at launch or shortly after. Its easy to settle on a character look and then a few days in think..actually...that doesnt look quite right...or I hate the way my twilek can't wear any head armour properly....wait wrong game....but you get the idea.

As for the creator itself...hard to say past the obvious ones. Hair, Beards, Eye Colour, Scars? etc...

I would like EVERY race to have the same amount of customisation though, many games I know have a race or two that you can barely change at all. So if you roll that race...your pretty much all identical.
  3. ObliviousPrime

ObliviousPrime "That" Cupcake

Yes to downloadable creator. :up:
  4. Black Wolf

Black Wolf Super Cupcake

Ow yes! I would play that 'game' for days! Is this even been done before? Can't recall this was possible with any mmo's I have been playing.

Access to the client couple of days before opening the servers for preorders yes. Like in Tera. Would work for me too.
  5. Zap-Robo

Zap-Robo Administrator • King Cupcake

It was done (for a brief time) with City of Heroes for the Korean market launch I believe - allowed you to save the costume for when/if you got the game.
  6. Billco

I was CONVINCED I'd played an mmo with this feature before. But now I'm starting to think I'm getting it mixed up with spore.....

Still got this nagging feeling there was an mmo though...

Have to ask my mate, see If he remembers.
  7. Black Wolf

Black Wolf Super Cupcake

If Wildstar will be the first mmorpg to do this, it would be fine with me too! ;)
  8. SiegaPlays

SiegaPlays "That" Cupcake

Saving layout for character looks? Vanguard does it. You can save and load them by race.
  9. starspun

starspun Well-Known Cupcake

EQ2 had a downloadable character creator before launch as well, with a way to save and load them in-game when they were live.
  10. Black Wolf

Black Wolf Super Cupcake

I never played any of those games, so that's why I didn't know. Sounds like a feature like that is more common like that then I thought. Nice.
  11. Rock

Rock New Cupcake

To be honest, I spend very little time creating a character. I normally randomize until I find one Ilike then jump into the game :)
  12. Dyraele

Dyraele "That" Cupcake

And that is perfectly valid too. So the other requirement is they have a randomizer.
    starspun likes this.
  13. Chrilin

Agreed... gotta be able to randomize
  14. Chrilin

So Scooter has stated that Carbine is testing sliders. (hopefully real sliders not Swtor's sliders with 4 presets)
    What would you guys like to see them control other than height/weight?
    Black Wolf mentioned different size ears for the Aurins. I could see sliders helping with that.
  15. Black Wolf

Black Wolf Super Cupcake

First thing that came into mind was boobies! But that is just my old dirty mind. ;)
    starspun likes this.
  16. Chrilin

lol. Really it's not a bad idea, not everyone want's a toon that has a exploding bust-line.
    Of course the downside is the mentality of AoC, where you had a bunch of teen boys running around with female toons with no tops on. I guess they could keep the slider within the realm of normalcy and prevent that.
  17. SiegaPlays

SiegaPlays "That" Cupcake

if you want boobie size, you also have to add a scaler for how well they are hanging

so should male characters also come with a "package" sizer and how well that is hanging?

just asking ;-)
  18. Billco

Well my friend assures me it was CoH after all, so guess we had it over here too.

Whoever said EQ2 had one...I don't remember that at all? Infact I was pretty sure EQ2 was very limited in its customisation options to even bother with it?

Also, whats wrong with a giant pair of boobs with tiny arms and legs flinging a sword about huh? :)
  19. Chrilin

It's too early in the morning for me to contemplate lol;)
  20. Black Wolf

Black Wolf Super Cupcake

Personally I'm not really that interested into that part of the male anatomy. I think you could answer that better then me. ;)